User Tag List

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree3498Likes

Thread: Tightwad August Frugal Chatter 2014

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi folks! I can't "like" anyone when I use my Kindle, the format has changed - darn it! So although I may have read your post, I am trying to catch up with the "thanks for posting" likes while I have the laptop tonight.
    I performed a wedding today and zipped into Target - you can see my savings in the brags.
    I'm just so impressed with how all of you "push the limits" of savings in various ways! You are all such good models and such a magnificent way to "network" with those who like and or have to save!!! Thanks for all your sharing and encouragement! You have no idea how I appreciate it!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

what a day its been. been going since around 2.. worked on some projects. quite happy with results so far.
    busy day tomorrow. will finish off hopefully all projects tomorrow. fingers crossed.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I scoped a small bag of Mann's sugar snap peas this morning at NF. The sign at the peas said 2/$4, but the flyer was advertised at $1.98. I had a $1 off coupon that I was going to use. The cashier knew nothing about SCOP and acted like she thought I was crazy. I didn't have to wait very long for a supervisor. She knew me and didn't have a problem giving me SCOP on the item. So I got free peas for our young son (my garden isn't growing them fast enough), and I kept my $1 coupon for another purchase.

I just finished straining a pot of chicken broth. I've never actually simmered the carcas from a roast chicken before. I used my apple siv to strain the mixture, put the bones in a different bowl and picked it over. I'm going to put the broth and small pieces of meat into the fridge for tonight. Tomorrow I will make it into soup. Our fridge is freezing veggies on me, so that's part of why I am making the soup. I have carrots and celery to use up. I'm going to add quinoa and onion to it. Not sure what else. Dh and I don't eat much soup. Dh doesn't like tomato based soups. Doing all this cooking and planning for the fresh garden produce makes me fell so crafty and like a house wife.

I am feeling ambitious, so we'll see how things go tomorrow. I want to make biscuits to go with it. I also plan on making crab apple muffins. I made the crab apple sauce last week, so now I have to tinker with my muffin recipe to use this apple sauce instead. The lady that I got the crab apples from wants to buy some of the goodies from me for her own young family.

I have enough ripe yellow pear tomatoes right now that I could make a small batch of tomato sauce for the freezer, but I don't have any small freezer bags. I put it on my grocery list. I have $1 off Ziploc wub fresh meat, plus CO51 has $1 rebate on Ziploc. So even if it's not on sale this week, I could still get an ok deal. Eight hours ago CO51 gave me an offer for bonus produce next week if I redeem 3 items this week. I don't think I will be redeeming many offers, so I might just have to pass on that one.

It's hard to believe that summer holidays are nearly over. I am trying to start preparing to go back as a substitute teacher. I have to freshen up my formal clothes because many of them have not been worn since June. I am also trying to get frugal, but healthy snack and meal ideas prepared. I am thinking about freezing some of the chicken soup if there is just too much of it. Problem is that I often don't pull out soup as a meal. I also wrapped and froze some of the banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies that I made last week. I always try to be prepared for the 7am phone calls that happen a couple times a month.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, Aug 24th, 2014 at 12:15 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hubby came in tonight and said the apples are starting to fall off the tree. Tomorrow we`ll be picking them up and maybe picking the rest of that tree. Depending on what they look like I may have to take the time to make something with the fallen ones.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I forgot to mention that dh came home with 6 large pickling cucumbers from a co-worker on Thursday. He was offered 12, but we don't need that many. She will have more to pick and give away again next week. Last night we had cucumber salad with the roast chicken dinner. Tonight we had whole wheat roast chicken veggie wraps with the cucumber and tomatoes from my garden.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by jasperandchar View Post
    cath I am not prying but it sounds like you are having to pay for some of your brothers bills (just reading between the lines) and perhaps I'm reading wrong but you don't have to pay any debts unless they are willed to you (in a will) and even then you can refuse. If your brother had a will and had/has any monies in the bank then an announcement in posted in a newspaper and all parties owed $ need to respond to the lawyer with their legitiment claim but if there is no will and for example your brother owed rent, then the landlord will not get his rent but they can't legally go after you.
    Thank you for your comment .I know I dont have to paid the debts. But my brother had money had his place,plus a computer that was ''saisie'' by the cops...........So........for having that I have to discuss with the notaire it is for paying the other half part of the funeral cost 5000$..plus even on juridic aid it still cost money...It take time to resolve a I expect 2months,andI am just tired to see all the debt on papers.....PLus I wont get back what my brother owned me with the fraud I was victim on is part,and even dead the caisse do nothing about that by the delay expired.And my brother sign proof he own me a good amount but that is not sufficiant....and the cherry on the sunday,he did not have life assurance,at least the funeral would have been covered..so yes...I feel pretty mad and irratable by those money lost.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-couldn't sleep woke up at ten to 5.00 posted something on here then it didn't take -cause smartcanucks shuts down for matienance from 5-5.30
    -anywy I am not sleeping great cause I am thinking about my son-his family-they are goingto mexico with "ashlyn"mondayalso with my daughter-In-law's parents,her sister and her fiancée(see girls on here that have young kids -we they are29 year old sons you still worry
    -anyway my son asked ifwe want to go to a peach festival in townwiththem and the baby to day-for sure we said

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

CG-I am sure your son and family will be fine! We have loved Paris -yesterday we had a one day transit pass so zipped around all the sights. Today was slower-walked around the Louvre-amazing and along the Seine and through beautiful gardens. Lots of baguettes and croissants. Tomorrow Amsterdam and Tues home depending on the volcano erupting in Iceland-oh well there are worse places to be stranded!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Wow the past couple of days have been insane. Friday was absolutely inane at work, I got a phone call from our shipping location that the truck we loaded for one of my customer's a couple days before was back, the truck was there when they arrived backed into our dock and they could not find the driver. After a lot of phone calls to people who were not in yet as it was 7:30 am and both the customer an transport company are located in areas that are an hour behind us we found out they sent us a driver who could not legally drive in the US. Um really seriously first pick up Ontario Canada, final Stop Texas and the driver cannot cross the boarder yeah that makes sense. The trucking company who did not want to give up the load called to tell us they would send in another driver in 4 to 5 days, this shipment was supposed to land at the customer on Friday so knew that would not go over well. Needless to say many phone calls later another truck arrive at 2 pm on Friday and the driver would drive all weekend and be waiting in our customer's parking lot Monday morning when they open. As well my other large customer meet with my Dad on Thursday to discuss out current project with them because there have been a lot of issues so had to have a meeting with my Dad, production manager and mechanic (we are having issues running the product). Needless to say it is now Friday at noon and due to the changes this company keep making no one had paperwork for their shipment leaving Monday which falls all on me to sort and figure out. Friday was so not my day and I was ready to break down by the time I left work.

Friday after work we went to Wal-Mart to pick a few of there deal (Charmin toilet paper for under $5, oh yeah need me some of that since it is the only brand Mom does not complain about and Puffs on sale need me some of those as we ran out last week and again only brand Mom will use). Our local Wal-Mart did not have any so we decided to check out some other locations. Next location had everything so I got 4 - 4 Packs of Puffs, 2 Packs - 16 = 32 Rolls of Charmin and 2 packs - 6 = 8 Rolls Bounty. But out Wal-Mart search was not over as I could not find my make-up and of course I am pretty much out. Looks like my make-up has been discontinued so not happy because they do not offer an alternative all alternative offered equal more steps (so not going to work I have my morning routine down to a science so I can be out of the house in 30 minutes) or are double the price. I did buy some alternatives to try but pretty sure I will return them this week as I am not happy.

Than yesterday was our golf tournament, I had not been feeling well off and on all week and of course I woke up feeling horrible and would have loved to stay in bed all day but that was not an option. I was finally able to pull it together and got to the course with tons of extra time and we managed to get everyone set up and organized and we teed off pretty much on time. End of the day we had 62 golfers as we had one no show. I ended up on the 7th hole helping to hand out the prizes for the day, every one get a prize just for coming out and participating. We were able to raise over $1000 for charity through various events selling mulligans (a free shot), a chipping challenge and our famous putting challenge. Many years ago we wanted to run a 50/50 putting challenge but could not find the boards they normally use so we made two out of pieces of Eavestrough and every year we take it but the charity has changed. The owner of the golf course saw us doing this and has asked us to make a few he can use at other tournaments and we get to cover them with our company name and logo. So all and all it was a great success but I will admit I am so sore and tired today.

Now I must try and get some ambition nothing has been done around the house yet this weekend and we actually have so much to do. Hope everyone has a great day.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Aug 24th, 2014 at 09:12 AM. Reason: If only I could type what I think
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hope everyone had a great weekend. We are back from camping. Will be doing laundry all night lol. Ds has hockey rep tryouts later today. Fridge is empty so need to figure out shopping. Will just wing it today I think and go tomorrow after work I think.

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

im getting so frustrated. i can't find citric acid, tried RCSS, Wm, GT, Nf's, nadda...
    i don't think its something i'd find at Bulkbarn as its not food.. geez i only need a cup worth. wow.
    anyway grabbed a few good finds at Michaels. they are clearing out summer stuff.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

MrsS have you checked any Pharmacies or Health Food Stores. I have heard of some pharmacies selling it, maybe even just call and ask to save another trip.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    88 (100%)

not yet Ashley. we have one just up the road so maybe i'll check it out there.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I was feeling rather frugally defeated last night. This time of year is soo expensive. In the next three weeks we have back to school plus my parents anniversary and 5 b-days ( DH & both boys, my niece and my FiL).
    But then I realized I already have almost everything for back to school supplies. My nieces gift I bought throughout the year and the youngest son agreed that a 2015 seasons pass to Canada’s Wonderland was a good gift for him even if everyone uses it.I do have one small gift put aside so he has a real present to open. We have been helping my brother out a lot and so I added that all up. DH and I have agreed to a number we are ok with, but it means less money to going into savings. So now I am trying to figure out what other corners to cut. I depleted all my PC points last month but still have close to 100.00 in AMs so that my plan this months. My PC offers were meh anyway so I won’t be sad to not shop there this week. The one thing we have to tackle is our dining out. It is crazy how much we spend on dinners out or lunch. So last week I gave myself a budget of 20.00 for the week and I came in at less than 8.00 on lunch and coffee while at work. He is going to try and do the same.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Lilo I hear you on eating out, we are doing it so often right now and it seems like no matter what I do we cannot seem to rein it in. Only issue is Mom announced she is out of money (she has been living off the money she got when my Nanny died) and is only working about 6 hours a week so needless to say I pretty much have the only income coming in right now and she always talks me into eating out more than I plan too.

Page 32 of 43 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information