Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dad
    Hugs.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So Sorry for your loss (((hugs)))
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

SO sorry for your loss.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Gameprogirl,thanks for sharing with us.
    Sorry to hear this news.
    Glad you were able to see him every day.

If the hospital has grief counselling or social worker to refer you, or if your work has an employee assistance program or human resources that can refer you, that may help.

(((hugs)))

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Oh dear, I am so sorry for your loss, I as well found my brother and he had passed away 5 days prior, some memories will stay with you but will become blurry, that is what happened to me but the memories of our closeness are as clear as I am typing right now and the happiness we shared I will always cherish. My parents as well. It will hurt but you were clearly an awesome daughter to a loving daddy and I also believe that he passed in peace and at his time. We can't wait to move out and get away from our parents only to realize that we love them so much we want to be so close and the doubts make us overthink what we should have, could have done but the beauty of it is that they always understood and will always know because they were our age too and know. and will always watch over you and talk to him and he will hear you and would want you to continue to be the beautiful daughter that you are and continue making him proud,as you did already.

Take the time to heal and one day soon you will be able to stop crying and we are here for you little one and our deepest condolences from my family to yours. Thinking of you.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    He just moved next door so I could be close to him, 3 months he lived beside me. I went over to see him last Friday morning and found him gone by like 5-10 mins, me & my husband called 911, they worked on him for 30 mins but couldn't get him back. He had a quadruple bypass done 6-7 yrs ago and suffered 7 heart attacks since. I spent everyday with him for several years, he was sick but still himself. The night before he died we watched Bruce Almighty together. He wasn't well but he never said how sick he was, he just kept saying I'm ok, just tired. I feel so guilty that I didn't force him to go to the hospital, he was so stubborn. He was my best friend.

I am destroyed inside. How do you deal with the pain?

I lost my dad as well from heart disease and at a very young age. He was a very strong person...it happened all of a sudden...here one minute...gone the next. It's sad he won't be there when I get married or have children. At first I was in shock. This is the person I had seen and spoken to every day of my life and all of a sudden they are gone. I didn't want to believe it. It felt like a bad dream, like he didn't really die. I was there the moment he died, witnessed the whole thing...it was very traumatic. After a while, you start to get angry and think life is really unfair, especially when you see so many evil people on this earth and wonder why dad was the one God took. Then you become depressed and you think life will never be the same. You wonder how you're going to live without him. Time does help heal but to be honest, sometimes it feels like it's getting harder and harder as the years go by. Birthdays, holidays, the anniversary of his death are VERY hard to get through. You have to learn to be strong. Some days you will be happy and then boom something will remind you of him and you will cry. It hits you like a tonne of bricks. The sadness never really goes away...especially for those who were really close with our parents, but you learn to deal. It's a tough road, but just know they are in a much, much better place now. I'm so sorry for your loss. Pay attention to the people who were there for you in time of need. I noticed that during hard times, it's only your true friends that are there for you.
    Last edited by greeny; Sun, Aug 3rd, 2014 at 07:37 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

gameprogirl, I am so sorry for your loss. my thought and prayers go out to you and your family. May God send his blessings and strength to you in this time
    hugs

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thank you everyone for all your words, they mean a lot to me. I do feel all kinds of things, I kinda feel like I'm going crazy. Mornings are the toughest, as soon as I wake up, I feel ok but as I sit there, I realize he's gone and begin to cry. It hits like a ton of bricks. I haven't went out much, everywhere I go reminds me of him.

Not looking forward to looking at the will or going through his things. It's so hard right now.

I'm so sorry for all of your losses too. That's the worst thing about life, having to let go of the ones you love.
    Last edited by gameprogirl; Sun, Aug 3rd, 2014 at 08:27 PM.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So sorry for your loss

Take some time for yourself. Don't worry about the will, or sorting through his things. It doesn't need to be done RIGHT NOW. Wills and material objects and obligations relating to them are just THINGS, and you are a person. You come first. Don't force yourself to do anything, this is a hard time.

My thoughts are with you

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

So, sorry for your loss. I know you are going through difficult time but like many said it will get easier with time. Hugs and Prayers your way. Also dont forget to take care of yourself.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I am so sorry - after my mom died (heart attack) the first's were the hardest (first Easter, first Mothers day, first Christmas....)... What helped my dad and my family is to reminisce and talk about her, how much she loved these occasions. They will always have a tinge of sadness, but it helps to keep her memory alive, even laugh at some stories. It does get easier in time, but its best not to try and rush everything... grief doesn't have a schedule or a time limit.

Hugs to you.
    The average dog
    is nicer
    than the average person.

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I'm sorry for your loss gameprogirl.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I'm so sorry for your loss you were there for him and you will always have that
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I feel bad about just reading this now. I just got back from a non existent internet zone at my oldest dd's acreage. I'm so very sorry for your loss and wishing you and your family my deepest sympathy's

We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information