User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Air Miles phasing out gift cards??

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    yeah it takes a life time for some of the purchase Air Miles to show up in your account, SDM optimum points are almost instant

I purchased something at RONA , I think it was just 3-4 lousy AM , it took them 8 weeks to post them

lot of bonus AM with AM cpns like earn 2x or 3x Air Miles are also not properly credited most of the times.

Sometimes I feel its almost deliberate and not a glitch or error on their part, very confusing , vague and ambiguous way of awarding AM and keeping track of them and actually having them posted to your account.

I now barely check my account and whatever is there is there..don't even bother to check anymore if they are awarded properly or not
    Yep, I bought the majority of my baby items over the past 2 years at Babies R Us when they were having bonus mile promotions and had to chase them for the bonus miles every single time. Won't be using my airmiles card anymore now that the gift cards and movie passes are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kmontgom View Post
    I was able to get 4 movie passes and 3 iTunes cards. I hope everyone is able to at least get something. It would be nice if they let us convert to dream cash.
    I actually emailed them to let them know how I was disappointed (they suggested I look at other offers they have) then replied I did and why I wasn't interested (take too long to get the other rewards) and suggested they allow people to convert dream to cash and vice versa.

Maybe if more people expressed this to them they would do something?
    Silk, Ciel and Poirot like this.
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Air Miles are holding a twitter party on Monday f you want to get their attention
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't always buy large purchases at Safeway. You need to spend $20 to get 1 air mile. Sometimes I will purchase products I need that have bonus miles. I'm trying to save points for an airline ticket. Takes a long time. In time I may redeem them for groceries.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post
    I actually emailed them to let them know how I was disappointed (they suggested I look at other offers they have) then replied I did and why I wasn't interested (take too long to get the other rewards) and suggested they allow people to convert dream to cash and vice versa.

The whole existing AM stays in Dream is a big scam, especially when they already set 5 years expiration date. I think they just want people to lose their hard earned AM since they eliminate all the usable giftcards (grocery, clothes, restaurant, movie). Who the hell want to redeem for a spa package or their over priced merchandises. They keep increasing the number of miles for travel destinations.
    pippinelkhound, Silk and Poirot like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post

I did email them and no response from them.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    The whole existing AM stays in Dream is a big scam, especially when they already set 5 years expiration date. I think they just want people to lose their hard earned AM since they eliminate all the usable giftcards (grocery, clothes, restaurant, movie). Who the hell want to redeem for a spa package or their over priced merchandises. They keep increasing the number of miles for travel destinations.
    Someone needs to do a class action lawsuit against these guys ..just as the recent Pre Paid Bell phone cards balance expiring and also the not to distant unused Gift Card balance of retail cards expiring.

You can barely use or redeem their Dream AM and they expire before you can use them as it takes a life time to earn them. The dream awards are ridiculous without GC.
    pippinelkhound and Decaf like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Looking on the bright side, the first air miles won't expire until 2016 (they didn't start that policy until 2011). I use an AM AMEX for most purchases, so earn 150-200 AM a month from that, and now have all of my miles going to Dream (had it set to 10% cash for a bit because of orphaned AM in the cash area). My hope is that a year from now, I will have enough to use toward flights to Florida for my family.

I contacted them a couple days ago to report missing miles, I rent cars from Budget through Air Miles Shops regularly and I've never gotten air miles from that. They gave me 28 miles today, and I expect I will have to report more of my recent rentals, but the 30 or 60 days or whatever haven't elapsed yet, so can't report it yet.
    pippinelkhound likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

FYI: Movie Night for 2 (200 air miles) reward is still available! Ordered another one today since Calgary theatres are so expensive...

And there are many restaurant vouchers now under the Cash Rewards - redeem 95 air miles for $10 evoucher at the Keg, Montana's, etc.

Unfortunately, also noticed that the iTunes cards are now Cash Rewards. Drats
    Poirot likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information