User Tag List

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Americans with Ebola given secret drug..

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's a miracle!
    Or maybe not....the American doctor was apparently given an experimental serum resulting in a remarkable turnaround, from him saying he was dying prior to his flight home, to walking into the hospital. I haven't heard whether or not the volunteer will also receive it.

There are "very few doses"of this drug available....does that mean the poor people won't benefit from this "miracle drug". I'd hate to think that's the case, but........let's wait and see IF more can be manufactured quickly, and IF it's deemed safe enough for people other than doctors and volunteers.
    http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/03/health...eak/index.html
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Aug 4th, 2014 at 08:39 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I hope Nancy, the missionary, gets it, too. She'll be in the US tomorrow.

The situation in Africa is so very sad.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, she's scheduled to receive it, also. Can you imagine him going from near death to dramatically improved, body rash gone within hours?!

Her plane is just landing now...CNN...let's see if she walks out of the ambulance...oops, no, she's scheduled to arrive tomorrow.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Mon, Aug 4th, 2014 at 03:19 PM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I heard that there is a Canadian drug/cure but the americans don't want it.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Never fear......Homeopaths are here...

In the case of Ebola, no conventional treatment or vaccine is available. Fortunately for us, homeopathy has great renown for its healing ability in epidemics.
    Calabrese proposes a variant of Derin and Menear’s delusional treatment:
    The following remedies would be considered by a homeopath for any of the viral hemorrhagic fevers that match this symptom picture.
    As a preventative if an outbreak happens nearby, Crotalus horridus 30C, one dose daily, until the threat is out of the area is the method many homeopaths familiar with this disease suggest.
    If a person is infected, the remedies most commonly used would be the following. One dose every hour, but as the severity of the symptoms decrease, frequency is reduced. If no improvement is seen after 6 doses, a new remedy ought to be considered.
    Crotalus horridus 30C – Is to be considered for when there is difficulty swallowing due to spasms and constriction of the throat, dark purplish blood, edema with purplish, mottled skin.
    Bothrops 30C – Is the remedy to think of when nervous trembling, difficulty articulating speech, sluggishness, swollen puffy face, black vomiting are present
    Lachesis mutus 30C ,– when there’s delirium with trembling and confusion, hemorrhaging in any area, consider this remedy. Often, the person cannot bear tight or constricting clothing or bandages and feels better from heat and worse on the left side.
    Mercurius corrosivus 30C, – For copious bleeding, better when lying on the back with the knees bent up, delirium, headache with burning cheeks, photophobia, black swollen lip, metallic, bitter or salt taste in mouth.
    Secale cornutum 30c,– For thin, slow, painless oozing dark hemorrhage with offensive odor, cold skin and tingling in the limbs. The individual wants to be uncovered and feels WORSE from motion.
    Echinacea 30C – For when there’s sepsis or blood poisoning, fetid smelling discharges and enlarged lymph nodes.
    Homeopathy is an ideal medical stratagem for survivalists, homesteaders and anyone wanting to be self-reliant in any situation.
    walkonby likes this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

2nd Ebola patient, Nancy Writebol, has just arrived at the hospital, entered it on a guernsey with breathing apparatus. The story we got earlier was that the doctor offered her the treatment first, but suddenly his condition worsened, so he got it first.
    He walked out of the ambulance, she is evidently in a weaker state.

I'll be very anxious to see if the very ill in Nigeria will receive this new anti-viral drug. VERY interested. The NIH is already protecting their butts by saying, well, gee whiz, it needs refrigeration....countertop thawing, unassisted, and, heck...there are only a handful (that's the technical term) of vials available, anyway.

I loved the question Sanjay Gupta asked him...essentially, how was the decision made that these TWO American citizens would be the recipients of this new drug. This VIP director if the NIH just didn't know how in the world that decision was made, gosh darn it all.
    Natalka likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So the drug they are being given IS the Canadian one. They admitted it.
    Lynn49 likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

double post

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So there it is: the CDC announced that Zmapp will not be available to the patients in Africa. Why am I not surprised? Obama is on board with this, but I wonder how he'd feel if Michelle contracted the Ebola virus...I wonder whether she'll volunteer to "test" it? Not that she'd be a special case....it's just that surprisingly enough, there would be just enough left over from treating the other patients. What a relief!

It's difficult to sit back and watch West Africans die, while two more "worthy" victims have access to what may be the answer to so many prayers of parents and spouses.

I want to know why there's such a limited supply and how more can be developed now!

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/07/health...html?hpt=he_c1

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Supply is limited because zmapp - and the others - are still all in the experimental stages.

The stock price has already gone up significantly - and I'm sure it will go up even more.

Still, I think one must keep this in perspective. There are many other diseases which claim more deaths than ebola has, and probably will. Eg. in Africa, more are dying of malaria.

And since ebola has spread, more people are dying of other diseases which share initial symptoms with it - people are scared to get medical treatment

http://www.livemint.com/Politics/FD3...st-Africa.html

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Absolutely...there are other diseases. However, Ebola, no matter what they say about it not being air-borne, it's quite evident that those "hazmat" suits are protecting them from exactly that. If bodily fluids spread the disease, even speaking with them can transfer the disease in the form of airborne saliva.

And malaria isn't contagious, Ebola is, which can lead to widespread deaths in any part of the worls. That's why it's imperative that it be stopped.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

On the 7 PM radio, they reported that at a Brampton, ON hospital, a man recently returned from Ebola ridden area of Africa is in hospital, under observation, for Ebola-like symptoms.

So, is it in Canada?

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

report here

“The hospital has to do its patient care work and diagnostic work in order to confirm what the exact diagnosis is.”
    Ebola is a rare and severe disease that can infect both humans and non-human primates. The virus is contagious and is spread by direct contact with blood or bodily fluids from a sick person.
    In its early stages Ebola has non-specific symptoms similar to the flu or malaria, which is common in parts of Africa. The virus causes symptoms including fever, vomiting, muscle pain and bleeding and is spread by direct contact with bodily fluids like blood, sweat, urine, saliva and diarrhea.

The latest Ebola outbreak is the largest and longest ever recorded for the disease, which has a death rate of about 50 per cent and has so far killed at least 961 people, according to the World Health Organization.
    It emerged in Guinea in March and has since spread to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria — which on Friday declared a state of emergency because of the virus.
    There have been false alarms about Ebola in places like Britain and Hong Kong.
    The United States has investigated upwards of 22 people but to date had no confirmed cases from within the country. Two American aid workers infected while caring for patients in Liberia are being treated at an Atlanta hospital with an experimental Ebola therapy.
    The Public Health Agency of Canada is advising Canadians to avoid all non-essential travel to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone due to the outbreak, but has issued a statement saying the risk of Ebola to Canada is very low.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

report here

“The hospital has to do its patient care work and diagnostic work in order to confirm what the exact diagnosis is.”
    Ebola is a rare and severe disease that can infect both humans and non-human primates. The virus is contagious and is spread by direct contact with blood or bodily fluids from a sick person.
    In its early stages Ebola has non-specific symptoms similar to the flu or malaria, which is common in parts of Africa. The virus causes symptoms including fever, vomiting, muscle pain and bleeding and is spread by direct contact with bodily fluids like blood, sweat, urine, saliva and diarrhea.

The latest Ebola outbreak is the largest and longest ever recorded for the disease, which has a death rate of about 50 per cent and has so far killed at least 961 people, according to the World Health Organization.
    It emerged in Guinea in March and has since spread to Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nigeria — which on Friday declared a state of emergency because of the virus.
    There have been false alarms about Ebola in places like Britain and Hong Kong.
    The United States has investigated upwards of 22 people but to date had no confirmed cases from within the country. Two American aid workers infected while caring for patients in Liberia are being treated at an Atlanta hospital with an experimental Ebola therapy.
    The Public Health Agency of Canada is advising Canadians to avoid all non-essential travel to Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone due to the outbreak, but has issued a statement saying the risk of Ebola to Canada is very low.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    Never fear......Homeopaths are here...
    Sorry, couldn't resist posting when I saw this -

https://www.facebook.com/theskepticsguide

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information