User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Cracked my iPad screen

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So mad at myself I was,sitting out side on the phone with my mom discussing her pc points with here and I moved my leg and sent my iPad flying onto the the concrete patio ...big scratches everywhere. So sad! It is just a bit over a year old and I have been so careful,with it...always in case etc. oh well at least it still works but will be a constant reminder of my stupidity!
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

bummer! don't be too hard on yourself accidents happen. ipods and iphones sometimes go through the wash etc. like I've found out. Can apple fix this for you on warranty?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you have an extended warranty? I would phone Apple or drop by to see how much it costs to fix.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Check if they will replace it. A coworker had his in a satchel on the bus and the driver slammed on the brakes and he got pushed into a seat and it cracked the screen and Apple replaced it.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, too bad - but wouldn't the screen protector and case have stopped that from happening?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    So mad at myself I was,sitting out side on the phone with my mom discussing her pc points with here and I moved my leg and sent my iPad flying onto the the concrete patio ...big scratches everywhere. So sad! It is just a bit over a year old and I have been so careful,with it...always in case etc. oh well at least it still works but will be a constant reminder of my stupidity!
    You've got company, scouponer. This past week I dropped my iPad and broke the screen too. I just about cried; it was such a carefully-considered purchase. Condolences, my friend. Be gentle on yourself. Accidents happen.
    CouponingQueen likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I think it's 150ish(less if you have apple care) for apple to replace a iPad screen and they can usually do it in store in about an hour.
    Don't beat yourself up, things happen and it's a relatively cheap fix compared to how much you paid for it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't have apple care and it is $299 to fix. So I will just have a reminder about it and $400 is the cost to buy a new one. Yes I had it in the case but it was open so when i accidentally pushed it off it flipped over and skidded on our brick patio...if it was in the house it probably would have been fine...that is what happens when you are clumsy I guess. Oh well it still works! It just looks sad

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    You've got company, scouponer. This past week I dropped my iPad and broke the screen too. I just about cried; it was such a carefully-considered purchase. Condolences, my friend. Be gentle on yourself. Accidents happen.
    Sorry it happened to you to! Very upsetting.
    GatineauGirl likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    sorry this has happened to you..just wanted to mention that if you paid with a credit card, some offer a one year extended warranty, on top of your original warranty, and this will cover it..there are so many extra features that the credit card gives you and few people know about them..you should check it out, the reason I know this is because I was looking for travel insurance and it was very expensive and someone said did you check your credit card..I get up to 25 days of free medical coverage anywhere in he world! I go to the states a lot and I don't have to worry about medical coverage!!I also started reading the benefits of the card..if I buy something with the card and the price goes lower within 60 days they will credit my card..if you go on a trip and pay with the card you get cancellation insurance free automatically, don't have to pay extra..(I never paid for it, just took my chances). The list goes on..check your credit card..hope this helps!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You can always get the screen fixed from a third party. I have fixed my iphone screen for $35 a few times. I will be taking my Ipad for a screen replacement next week (less than $100)

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I just paid $65 to have my screen fixed
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I also signed up for pho e insurance for $7 a month just in case
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Hubby got my second iPod Touch's screen replaced from a third party for less than a $100. And, they replaced my battery with an older one, because once I got it back, the charge only lasted for about 5 minutes, no matter how long I charged it. So, in the end I ended up buying a new iPad 4, which I am still using now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

look on kijiji where you live. people offer fixing the screen for very cheap. payed$70 for the ipad mini screen (my little one cracked it a while ago)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information