User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Unlucky Couponing Day

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is by far the worst couponing day for me.

I went to Canadian Tire to check out if they have any majesta rolls. I have a couple of majesta smartsourc coupons but they dont sell it at walmart and superstore where i am near at. Anyway, i was so happy when i saw 4 single rolls left. They were selling it for $1.59. Upon checkout, I was even happier that they turned out to be on sale for $0.85 but the cashier had to check with her manager because the my coupon value was more than the sale price. in the end, they didn't accept my coupon because of that reason. I even suggested that they just match the coupon value with the sale value but still denied. i could have gotten free tps!

My second try, i went to SDM to get the 2/$4 dove deo. as i try to checkout, the cashier consulted with her manager and they didn't also accept my smartsource coupons. the reason? it wasn't printed on the whole friggin paper!!! they told me it has to be on the WHOLE paper where the coupons were printed from!!! Never heard such of a thing in my couponing days.

Oh well, you get some, and then you don't get some.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hate days like that! Don't worry some other great deal will turn up. I don't get store who won't adjust the coupon down. They are still going to get the dollar so actually it works out better for them. So ridiculous! Some people just don't have a clue!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scouponer View Post
    I hate days like that! Don't worry some other great deal will turn up. I don't get store who won't adjust the coupon down. They are still going to get the dollar so actually it works out better for them. So ridiculous! Some people just don't have a clue!
    Thanks! i prolly understand CT better than SDM's reason. Have you ever experienced where you had to bring the whole paper where you printed the coupon from? it doesn't make sense.

Oh, i actually went to scour the scope deal but both rcss and walmart were out of stock :/
    Ciel, toronto166 and nursegirl like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sorry to hear. CDN Tire close to me is not coupon friendly and it is that reason that I don't bother shopping there anymore.
    Ciel, toronto166 and ang3lfyr like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The idea of bringing the whole paper you printed the coupon on makes no sense, since most printable coupons print multiple different coupons per sheet. There is no logic in SDMs argument. I would be making a call to head office about that one. Canadian Tire, I guess I can see where they are coming from. Technically, they aren't supposed to alter the coupon, so they are just protecting themselves from recouping nothing in the end. They should really look into it and figure out the right way to do it so they don't lose a sale though, really.
    Ciel, web3, toronto166 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ang3lfyr View Post
    majesta rolls.

4 single rolls left. They were selling it for $1.59. Upon checkout, I was even happier that they turned out to be on sale for $0.85
    Do you have any Canadian Tire money?
    Could still be free
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Do you have any Canadian Tire money?
    Could still be free
    Yeah, I do. I wasn't thinking of that anymore in the end because they also made me wait for 10 mins. :/
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and toronto166 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bdkmosher View Post
    The idea of bringing the whole paper you printed the coupon on makes no sense, since most printable coupons print multiple different coupons per sheet. There is no logic in SDMs argument. I would be making a call to head office about that one.
    Thanks! It's so true. I even told them it doesn't make sense as I would be printing other coupons on the same paper as well. I suspect they encountered the same coupons over that period of time.
    Ciel and toronto166 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Thanks! i prolly understand CT better than SDM's reason. Have you ever experienced where you had to bring the whole paper where you printed the coupon from? it doesn't make sense.

Oh, i actually went to scour the scope deal but both rcss and walmart were out of stock :/
    I had the same thing happen to my mom at WALMART. Ugh still so annoyed at this. I gave her dove coupons to use a couple months back, and she came back and said the cashier wouldnt accept it because it didnt have the entire page attached to it just the clipped coupon. So frustrating.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I have never heard of that issue with printed coupon. SDM has thier own printable coupons in which you need to cut apart so I really dont understand. Call HO- theyre very understanding. (I learned that when i asked about stacking MF and Shoppers coupons). I am going this week to SDM with my dove coupons- i hope all goes well.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

It could be worthwhile to reach out to both chain stores through social media direct messages and ask if the HQs are aware of this coupon page in full need being made in stores by cashiers? Mention store name/location in case the franchisee has more than one store in the chain.
    toronto166 and ang3lfyr like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I've gotten the story about bringing the whole page from walmart and shoppers, I just walk away because I have no energy to explain and try to reason with them.
    toronto166 and ang3lfyr like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Here's the response I got which looks to be a standard response:

Thank you for writing us. We apologize for any inconvenience in regards to the use of vendor coupons at the Scarborough Town Center location. Please be advised that all of our stores are individually owned and operated. Store management reserve the right to refuse any coupon that is not manufactured by Shoppers Drug Mart at their own discretion. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience in this matter.Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Call Centre at 1-800-SHOPPERs should you have any further questions or comments or require immediate assistance. Regards,Kofi Customer Service

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Call them. I find them not very helpful by email.
    ang3lfyr likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Here's the response I got which looks to be a standard response:

Thank you for writing us. We apologize for any inconvenience in regards to the use of vendor coupons at the Scarborough Town Center location. Please be advised that all of our stores are individually owned and operated. Store management reserve the right to refuse any coupon that is not manufactured by Shoppers Drug Mart at their own discretion. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience in this matter.Please do not hesitate to contact the Customer Service Call Centre at 1-800-SHOPPERs should you have any further questions or comments or require immediate assistance. Regards,Kofi Customer Service
    jaja That is the same location where I heard the story from. I try to avoid it with a passion.
    ang3lfyr likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information