User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Best Cell Phone Plan

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I also use Koodo prepaid and agree with what Dan said below. I'm very happy with my prepaid plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan in Canada View Post
    My wife uses Koodo prepaid (iPhone 4) and loves it. Great reception and affordable plans. The total per month is about $18 including data. She doesn't use a lot of data because she relies on wifi in most locations and pays by credit card monthly which means 10% off. I don't know anyone else who has an iPhone that pays less than $20 per month. Obviously not realistic for heavy data users but for those who want a smart phone but don't want a $50 plan, definitely something to look into.

Koodo is great because their "boosters" that you need to buy to get prepaid minutes, data etc don't expire. The unused portions get carried forward to the next month as long as you keep the base plan ($15 per month unlimited texting)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    147 (100%)

That sounds great. My phone is mostly for emergencies. I would like a small amount of data though.
    Did you have to buy your phone outright?
    The best plan I'm seeing right now is a two year plan with Koodo, includes iphone 4, $40 per month, incl 50mb of data.
    But yours sounds better!! (unless I have to pay for a phone, then… not so much!)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i've had recent experience with a few different companies

started on chatr, which is on rogers lines. reception was great, they're very low cost for just talk, but i wanted data...
    switched to telus, which has fantastic reception and very fast speeds for data. never had any issues with telus at all. i switched to wind from telus because i use LOTS of data and the $90 in extra data charges from telus was just not good lol

on wind plan now for $44 with unlimited data (fair use up to 5gigs but can be bumped to 10gigs for an extra 5 or 10 bucks)

so far its decent, but there's one thing that i find unacceptable that has been happening to me. in one room, i can have a great signal, and then in another room, i'm roaming! or, i'll go to turn my phone on (same phone i had on telus!) and from the off state to on, it will go into roaming for a while. the other day, it took me at least 10 minutes to get out of "wind away"
    while i'm on the wind network, it's decent and i can run netflix and whatnot just fine. it might buffer once during a show, whereas telus was really really fast all around, wind is a little slower)
    ROMEO and xlxo like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    on wind plan now for $44 with unlimited data (fair use up to 5gigs but can be bumped to 10gigs for an extra 5 or 10 bucks)

so far its decent, but there's one thing that i find unacceptable that has been happening to me. in one room, i can have a great signal, and then in another room, i'm roaming! or, i'll go to turn my phone on (same phone i had on telus!) and from the off state to on, it will go into roaming for a while. the other day, it took me at least 10 minutes to get out of "wind away"
    while i'm on the wind network, it's decent and i can run netflix and whatnot just fine. it might buffer once during a show, whereas telus was really really fast all around, wind is a little slower)
    Your experiences echo mine. My primary carrier is now Telus. However when I'm data heavy for a given month, I carry a Wind Hotspot. Sadly the Wind Hotspot has coverage issues half the time I want to use it. Looking forward to 2015 when Telus pushes out their TelusDirect wifi service. TelusDirect is available in a few neighborhoods around Vancouver now and it works great.
    ROMEO and r0c0upons like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've been loyal to Bell, so I have not even looked into any other cell phone provider. Maybe I should since there are so many deals out there
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

We got our FIRST cell phone ever this week! Got a 16g 5c..paid $125 for it, and went with virgin mobile. So we have a gold plan, whic is only $45 a month, seeing that we use wifi alot... It will be more than enough for us (: we live in NS so cant get wind mobile. Virgin mobile is awesome! It has B1G1 free movie tickets every 2 weeks from ciniplex...plus many more members only perks!! We thought this was a great deal seeing that you can get a 8g 5c iphone for $125 with koodoo and with updates to apple you wont have any space left for music or photos or apps.... So 16 g is the way to go, but they arnt made anymore, so we got the 12.99 per month geek squad coverage, which basically gives you a new phone, if anything beside theft, or you use surfing lol ...its in the fine print lol... And the batter replacement alone is awesome, also if you take ur phone to an apple store and they test it for you, and shows it uses more than 5% battery life, you can get a new phne because according to apple this is "defective" ...even if your phone still works well! Amazing deals! Also if the price changes in the next 30 days we can go back to futureshop and get the $$ difference, same with virgin moible...if they have a better plan, we can upgrade to that too! Love it! Also love not having to be stuck with $80 plus tax per month for a phone.
    over 2 yrs.... $2208 with $80 plan.. Withh ours ..$1242! Almost $1000 savings! Plus $12 savings each movie we go see!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's a huge savings. Thanks for sharing the info. Will also look into Virgin mobile

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information