User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: People are so rude

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It's her house. Shouldn't she know how to fix that sort of problem? She reminds me of my own mother. My mother has never learned how to do anything and relies on others to "fix the tv" when she pushes the wrong button on the remote. I have showed her so many times how to "fix" it but she refuses to learn. It's frustrating.
    Ciel, francine1985, ticul and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I'm sorry your mom is like that. I was going to say that you don't know need people like that in your life, but she's still your mom. Don't you feel like you're the adult now and she's the child?
    ticul and oscarandme like this.
    Check out my new life blog.
    https://plus.google.com/114910790929192660665/posts
    I will be posting on it once a week. Hopefully it will provide you with a hint or two that you can translate to your own life, to make it better. Mine keeps getting better every day!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I was thinking the same as torontogal but you know those darn switches, they are a bomb waiting to explode. I had the same problem with our home and there are 2 (3sets) in the house that control other areas...this is an older house so when something used to go wrong until I-I-I figured it out...my husband would go from floor to floor flipping those switches and mess the whole inside and outside lights what a mess and the loud discussions...oye...now they have GOLD happy face stickers on them and they are taped down and if it is unsealed...I know what those pudgy little paws have done...

And as far as the rudeness...I noticed as my mother got older and she was the sweetest lady you would ever meet but sometimes we would visit and I don't know who that was sitting in that rocking chair but that was not our mother..the sensor filter was somewhere else...and let me tell you, that would be a short visit. It would not happen very often but when it did..yikes.. I know it hurts sometimes but at a certain point even though lucid, there are times that a side shows up that you just shake your head.. My sister and I would look at each other and say gotta-go... I think it is just one of those things but talk to her about it and mention...joke about it if you can or whatever approach you think she will understand.

I have to share, one time, actually several times when she was able to walk..we would be in line to pay and she would see someone and would blurt out "boy is she ever fat" in french and loud.and she is the sweetest little lady, never a bad thing to say about anyone.. and never ever said things like that...so my sister and I would say..."mah!!! you said that loud...and she would look at us like we were stupid. No filter...but still hilarious...Oh how I would love to even hear her say that again..Just let it roll off and talk to her..
    Last edited by oscarandme; Sun, Aug 17th, 2014 at 06:21 AM.
    seylz_gurl and ticul like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    I probably would have flipped the switch off again on my way out the door but only because they were rude. Usually I have lots of patience but I really dislike the word "shut up".
    A girl after my own heart!! That's exactly what I would have done, I would have flipped the switch and left..I don't know if I'm losing my patience as I get older, or if everyone has gone insane!!!
    CrazyQT, Ciel and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've always felt like I was the adult and she was the child even from an early age. My mom has always been controlling, abusive (emotionally, mentally and physically) and critical even when I was a child and teen. She can be quite miserable so I limit my contact. I don't have children, but if I did, they would not be treated this way.

Quote Originally Posted by travel-mum View Post
    I'm sorry your mom is like that. I was going to say that you don't know need people like that in your life, but she's still your mom. Don't you feel like you're the adult now and she's the child?
    Ciel and francine1985 like this.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I would of flicked that tv switch off again.....
    Ciel likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information