User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree119Likes

Thread: Very bad couponing day for me. So angry right now.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    It's not always the "a*s*s*h*o*l*e" cashiers or the "stupid ignorant" cashiers fault. Not all cashiers are "idiots" either. Most times they are following direction from their managers.

Please try to be kind when voicing your opinions. There are a lot of retail workers that read this forum.

Having said that. I hope you had a better couponing day yesterday.

You are right CrazyQT but i just lost it that day. I am sick of makin an entire list of shopping and going to sdm in disbelief if i am going to get the deal or not, if they are going to accept the coupons or not, i hate going to a store and coming back empty handed just because they don't know what the coupons mean.

but you are totally right about being polite when letting the steam out. I'll try it next time although i do hope that i dont have any bad couponing experience ever.
    CrazyQT, luckbealady, momi and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Update about sdm:

yesterday i decided to go to another sdm, put all the stuff i wanted in my cart and head to cashier and see what happens. If she/he accept all coupons then i am golden but if not, they are going to get burnt! Lol.
    i did exactly the same thing, except that my cashier was super nice and she told me that she accept all coupons, coupons help a lot so why not use them, she scanned ALL the coupons i gave her, and i told her that i am going to ask for her whenever i come to this sdm. (And you know that now i am going to stay at that sdm 24/7) lol. She told me that all the cashiers in her branch were very coupon friendly (although i know that there is one lady who creates problems even with sdm coupons, for example, once softsoap was on sale for $1.99 and sdm sent me a coupon for $2.00 off ANY softsoap. Big bottle of softsoap was on sale for $2.50 but i picked up the $1.99 one. That cashier said the coupon will not go through because the coupon value is higher than the item price.
    I told her that the system adjusts the price, i know it because i have done it in the past, then she said that i should buy bigger bottle because that was going to be a better deal for me because i was going to get a big bottle for only $0.50. Lol. But i said no. She scanned the coupon and voila! The system adjusted the coupon price to $1.99 and i left sdm with a bottle of softsoap and a receipt saying that i got it for FREE)

now back to yesterdays rant:

now that i have found my favourite cashier and this sdm is closer to my house, do you think that i should stil call sdm HO and explain what happened at the other location? What do you say? One part of me say that now that i am going to my fav sdm always, there is no need to waste my time on the phone blah blah..... But the other part says that it's about the principles, policies; cashiers should know what "per purchase" means. What if i have to go to this bad sdm with so many coupons for some reason in future....???
    SharonMe, momi and toronto166 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarandme View Post
    Okay we have all learned, leave our husbands home when going to SDM..(lol)..they like saving money but don't want to be around for the process...

Everyone has great advice. I think again, find a branch that you like, and know your cashiers and be friendly and they will get to know you and know that you know what you are doing or if you make a little boo-boo you are eager to learn. And like Holly mentionned stay away from those stores that you have a bad experience. I have tried a few times to give such stores a second or third chance and they have always proven to me that I was an idiot to think that was going to change. And then to get "I told you not to go back there" speaches from angry husband...so if planning trips to earn points, use coupons find (THAT) one where you are comfortable with. Also if there is a new cashier that hasn'tdealt with you yet and gives you a hard time just look at a cashier that you know she knows what she is doing and you are golden. I have never had any restrictions (like the 4)...watch it will happen next time. Don't let it discourage you, you are a strong, smart and informed woman that knows and is learning to maximize her household income and all you are doing wrong is nothing...you are learning and unfortunately we all have couponing scars. Let us know how things go, good luck dear.

Oh oscarand me! You are such a sweetheart! You sound just like my elder sister (although i dont have any sister. Lol). But you are such a sweet lady. Thanks a lot for your comments and help and couragement.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    Sorry you had such issues. I know that all shoppers are individually owned, so different franchisee's MAY have different rules for their store. I have a few SDM around here that I avoid like the plague for that very same reason. No matter what the meaning of coupon wording is, I've found that if I try to tell the cashier, or CSM, or even a manager their job, they get very, very offensive. Hopefully tomorrow someone different will be on the till and you will have much better luck there.

As for Target, I really do sympathize with you. My Target(the one in my area, LOL) is fantastic about coupons, they'll even tell me if I've missed a Target coupon to go along with my manufactures coupon. They know me now and don't even check for expiry dates anymore. Sometimes it's a good ides to print out and carry with you a copy of that stores coupon policy if you think you may have an issue, then you can show it to them.

I sure hope your day gets a whole lot better tomorrow.

finally i have found my favourite cashier at "my" another sdm. Lol. Hurray for coupon friendly cashiers.
    momi likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I think you should still contact HO even though if you have found other Sdm so friendly,but someone has to make complain that's how they will not creat problem for others in future.
    I always go to only one Sdm and one Walmart near my house and they have superb customer service but if for some reason I am on at different location and treated like a stealer or going yo rip them of then I will definitely make a complain even though I will not go to shop at that store again.
    luckbealady and toronto166 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Sorry it didn't work out for you. This is a really long thread so I have't read all of it but going off your first post:

Re: the Target rant, it seems that next time it is best to have something else in the transaction so your receipt is more than zero.

Re: SDM, sounds like you need to go to a different location. Next time they give you the "per purchase" story, just show them a different coupon you have that says "one per customer" or "one per transaction." When the see that different wording means different things, they let it go
    momi and amira84 like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I had an issue too about the mascara. I went to Target, picked that up, two packages of cheese slices, and a movie that was on temporary price cut. Had a coupon for each mascara, a coupon for the two cheese slice packages, and a catalina coupon for the movie. Asked before we started if I could use the gift card in the transaction. Cashier said, "no problem." Problem. Came to $17.58. Now, the movie was $10 with $2 off, mascara $3.50 each with $1 off each, and cheese slices on sale for $2.50 with a coupon for $0.75 off each. So, before taxes it comes to under $17. On the receipt it said I got the gift card and it showed that the gift card was used. It was not adding up to me. I took it to customer service, tried to explain why it wasn't adding up, and she ended up convincing me that it was right. Went out to my car, still trying to figure out this logic. Said to myself, "if you take off the price of the movie, it still doesn't make sense (17-8=9; 9 dollars for cheese slices and free mascara???what???) So I went back in, had them take everything back, then did each transaction seperatly (the customer service rep was extremely nice about all this). She went to the cash that I went through and got back my coupons and reused them (so you can reuse them apparently). I ended up paying just over $11 by paying for each item seperately. Even though it said it used the gift card balance it didn't somehow. It was a lot of work to get free mascara

Quote Originally Posted by luckbealady View Post
    For the Target issue - someone in the Target clearance thread mentioned that once the coupon is scanned, it cannot be used again (which is a little odd, since I thought the coupons were exactly the same). That's probably why they couldn't copy the transaction after the first time.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Update about accepting coupons at my sdm:

so today i called sdm HO and told them everything about the "per purchase" problem and that they can accept only 3 different coupons per day....blah blah..
    HO guy was super nice, he talked to this sdm front manager and this is what front manager told him:

Customers can use as many different coupons as they like, for example i can buy chocolate and use coupon for that, milk and use coupon, and so on. There is no limit for that but the reason for putting limit to same coupons is that in the past there were some customers who tried to copy the same coupon and use those coupons many times. But if the coupons are seperate coupons then we can definitely use those coupons as many as we want. BUT each store has the right to put a limit on quantity (so that would limit the use of coupons for that product obviously).

Anyhow the moral of that story is that whenever i am going to make a big purchase at sdm and use a lot of coupons then i am going to ask for FRONT MANAGER and tell him about that!

and i have to say that i am very impressed with sdm customer service.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by all about saving View Post
    I had an issue too about the mascara. I went to Target, picked that up, two packages of cheese slices, and a movie that was on temporary price cut. Had a coupon for each mascara, a coupon for the two cheese slice packages, and a catalina coupon for the movie. Asked before we started if I could use the gift card in the transaction. Cashier said, "no problem." Problem. Came to $17.58. Now, the movie was $10 with $2 off, mascara $3.50 each with $1 off each, and cheese slices on sale for $2.50 with a coupon for $0.75 off each. So, before taxes it comes to under $17. On the receipt it said I got the gift card and it showed that the gift card was used. It was not adding up to me. I took it to customer service, tried to explain why it wasn't adding up, and she ended up convincing me that it was right. Went out to my car, still trying to figure out this logic. Said to myself, "if you take off the price of the movie, it still doesn't make sense (17-8=9; 9 dollars for cheese slices and free mascara???what???) So I went back in, had them take everything back, then did each transaction seperatly (the customer service rep was extremely nice about all this). She went to the cash that I went through and got back my coupons and reused them (so you can reuse them apparently). I ended up paying just over $11 by paying for each item seperately. Even though it said it used the gift card balance it didn't somehow. It was a lot of work to get free mascara
    I took part in the mascara promo and the GC didn't work for me either. For some reason one mascara wouldn't scan (even though the 2 were exactly the same), and it wouldn't prompt for the GC. Luckily for me the manager was right there, and they just took $5 off my transaction (it was over $10 before the $5 came off).
    momi likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Never liked Target and never go shopping there; SDM occasionally though. Always check with the manager!
    toronto166 likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Seems very complicated and problematic. I have not used any coupons recently atleast in about last four weeks, I want to start using again but I hate to try to explain to cashiers and waste time and have angry husband. I want to go to target as well but with all the problems everybody is facing, don't know if it is worth it. Only go to Target very seldom and have never had any luck with them.
    luckbealady, momi and toronto166 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwala View Post
    Seems very complicated and problematic. I have not used any coupons recently atleast in about last four weeks, I want to start using again but I hate to try to explain to cashiers and waste time and have angry husband. I want to go to target as well but with all the problems everybody is facing, don't know if it is worth it. Only go to Target very seldom and have never had any luck with them.
    I hope you get back into it! Maybe get in touch with the management of the store that is always causing you problems. Often times, it is just about educating the staff properly. If that doesn't help, take it to head office. There is no reason to be treated badly for using coupons (as long as they are used properly). It can be a battle sometimes, but I think it's worth it in the end.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I always wondering when approaching the cash how my purchase will go down lol

I tend to scan the lines and look for the cashier who seems like they would be most willing to help me. Sometimes it works, sometimes I'm totally wrong. I've had great luck at my target. Even last time when I was using high value coupons the supervisor had to come put in a code for them to work and they were very good about it and accepted all of the coupons. But I've had my share of coupon fails as well. Always puts me in a sour mood when I don't get the deal I intended to get...

I'm glad you were able to get some answers though!
    luckbealady, momi and amira84 like this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    I always wondering when approaching the cash how my purchase will go down lol

I tend to scan the lines and look for the cashier who seems like they would be most willing to help me. Sometimes it works, sometimes I'm totally wrong. I've had great luck at my target. Even last time when I was using high value coupons the supervisor had to come put in a code for them to work and they were very good about it and accepted all of the coupons. But I've had my share of coupon fails as well. Always puts me in a sour mood when I don't get the deal I intended to get...

I'm glad you were able to get some answers though!
    you know what? I do the same scanning thing before getting in the line but this time (when i found my fav cashier), i scanned the cashiers, thought that this cashier is not sending me good couponing vibes so i got in the other line. (There were only two cashiers open), but the other cashier said that she is in the middle of a transaction and the customer is coming back right now, she advised me to go to the other cashier. And when i went to her i had the most pleasant surprise that she never minds using coupons, can take as many coupons as i want etc.
    so you never know whats going to happen next.
    luckbealady likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information