User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Baby Items-Your Must Haves & What Was a Waste of Money?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    Here's some items I'm wondering about:

Sleeper Sacks...did you use them?

Bumbo carrier? Good investment, waste of money? Have heard mixed reviews.

Recommendations for a good baby carrier.
    I used sleep sacks for the first 4 months, dd hated them after that and I used fleece jammies and a blanket over legs.

Bumbo seats aren't worth more than 15-20 bucks. We got one at 3 months, dd could tip the chair over by 4 1/2 months(while being strapped in), plus if your baby has super chubby legs they won't fit into that long either.

My biggest waste of money was a diaper bag(and I bought a expensive designer one), used it for two weeks and then just bought a bigger purse.
    Best purchase-fisher price oceans wonder aquarium, my mom bought it for dd when she was 3 months and she could turn it on by herself at that age. 21 months later she still LOVES it, and the odd time she wakes up in the middle of the night she'll turn it back on and 9 times out of 10 it'll put her back to sleep.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I have the aquarium already, got it second hand for $10 I've heard good things about it!

I keep looking at diapers bags and drooling over the nice designer ones, but haven't bought yet because I can't bring myself to spend that!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

I have the aquarium already, got it second hand for $10 I've heard good things about it!

I keep looking at diapers bags and drooling over the nice designer ones, but haven't bought yet because I can't bring myself to spend that!
    I love the diaper bag I got free from nestle. I preferred the older style because it had snap loops that could attach to your stroller handle however the current model is also great. it zippers in the front and back and has a small mesh zippered part where I keep change, our important cards, and the best coupons I plan to use (fpcs and high value.) ive been using it for over 2 years and its still in great condition.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We use a really nice roomy backpack from MEC. They're great quality, and good weight distribution with padded straps. I plan on using it all through the elementary school years, and if all goes well, she can take it with her to high school and then to university. I'm sure she'll get tired of it by then, but I won't. At that point, I'll keep it for myself.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    How did you ever leave the hospital without it? Where we are, they don't let you leave the hospital with the baby unless you bring in the car seat and put the baby in while they're watching. Even if you're taking the bus, they want to see the car seat.

Our infant car seat (the one with a handle) was a lifesaver. You can get the car seats that stay in the car from five pounds and up, but the one with a handle lets you transport the baby without waking it up and provides a safe place for it to sleep. Carrying a 10 pound baby *everywhere* gets tiring after awhile. It's also nice in the winter that the baby can stay bundled and warm without carrying it through the snow and ice. It offered a degree of protection without which I'd be fearful of slipping and cracking the baby's head on the ice.

After the baby comes, you get paranoid of everything.
    Well, it's you choice and opinion and I respect that.. It's just not worth it for me!
    Give Your Kids the Right Toys! KidKraft Canada http://www.kidstoysandstuff.com - Kids Toys and Stuff

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Last edited by sweet sparrow; Sat, Sep 20th, 2014 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Duplicate post

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shaneB View Post
    Well, it's you choice and opinion and I respect that.. It's just not worth it for me!
    The three we had were free (from friends and family), so we're fortunate to not know what it's like to be without them. No money wasted on them here.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Baby bottles were a waste of money. Didn't expect to breast feed for 11 month
    Ciel likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information