User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Shoppers Clearing Out Simply Foods

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    No Name? You'd think they'd at least go with President's Choice (even though that's still not great). I agree, Shoppers is going to be ruined . It's already begun with the personalized offers going from "must go to Shoppers at all costs because these are insanely amazing" to "I won't even bother printing"
    My store said they would have PC, PC Blue Menu and some No Name but many beauty lines will stay as PC don't have them
    ROMEO, ticul, torontogal12 and 1 others like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    142 (100%)

Yes it was a shock when I walked into Shoppers yesterday and saw the yellow no name bags of chips! It's happening already!
    ROMEO, ticul, torontogal12 and 2 others like this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That sucks. I like the Simply Food frozen dinners.
    ROMEO, ticul, torontogal12 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

What ever thei do thei have to bring their prices down and than, more people would shop there more often. I am 5 minutes away from SDM and I shop there only wen I really need too. Wen I do is usually a big enough haul and that is because the price was right............................................. ...............

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

I notice they were trying to clear out Simply brand a couple months ago, as the burger (taste very good) were on for 2/$5, I bought 8, there were more than 60 boxes left, when I return next week, there were only 2 left. I check other SDM, they are not on clearance, they all expired sometime in july. Now none of the SDM in my area have the burger. I am waiting for the meatball and/or chicken wing to go on clearance.
    torontogal12 and Anna Michele like this.

Dealigator
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Our local The Bargain Store recently replaced several of its grocery items with Loblaws' yellow No Name items. You wouldn't have thought The Bargain Store could look sadder than it already did.
    walkonby and torontogal12 like this.
    Abuse coupons, not people!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

that must have been why they were selling off some Simply cereals with manager's stickers at SDM that I visiting recently. thnx for the information.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

The food manager pointed out the Blue Menu cereal as a new product in the store - and added they were more expensive than the SF cereals.

Re: those no-name chips -- I just tried a bag of the ones with ridges (like Ruffles) out of curiosity. The taste was ok - but they are definitely more greasy (and I had quite a few burnt chips in the bag) - reminds me of the SF ones which I'm not a a fan of. I ended up buying a bag of Ruffles the next day

Silk
    torontogal12 and momi like this.
    Have a great life!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Interesting you mention the greasy and burnt ones. I remember my mom guying these No Name ones when I was a kid. They'e turned me off generic chips for life. So greasy and salty and just generally too yucky for me. The only chips I eat are tortillas and Pringles. Rarely, I'll have some Miss Vickies or Terra Chips. But I just can't eat the typical fried chip in a bag

Glad to see nothing has changed *rolls eyes*

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    The food manager pointed out the Blue Menu cereal as a new product in the store - and added they were more expensive than the SF cereals.

Re: those no-name chips -- I just tried a bag of the ones with ridges (like Ruffles) out of curiosity. The taste was ok - but they are definitely more greasy (and I had quite a few burnt chips in the bag) - reminds me of the SF ones which I'm not a a fan of. I ended up buying a bag of Ruffles the next day

Silk
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Aug 21st, 2014 at 07:37 AM.
    Silk, Anna Michele and momi like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information