User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Do you like to save your SDM points for large redemptions or redeem often?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm curious if you like to save up points for large redemptions or redeem points for smaller frequent purchases. I tend to hoard my points and use them for purchasing Christmas gifts (chocolates, gift sets etc). Throughout the year I tend to keep a certain amount of points for essentials in case I'm low on money. Buying toothpaste, toilet paper etc. I love receiving the personalized emails through the year too!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Natalka, ticul, momi and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Always used to save them, then redeem for something big every few years.

However, this year in spring into the beginning of the summer, we were stuck with no income, so those saved up points were used for groceries and necessities, as much as possible. They helped us out BIG time!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I have none anymore. Walked away from SDM around 2011?? ( really truth be told they really have nothing I need there, that I cannot get elsewhere cheaper ) The odd eggs sale is about all I have bought from them and that will not earn me many points. The last redeem I gave the $10.00 that was left to my DS to use towards for his cologne purchase.

babies teach us acceptance

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I don't redeem lower than 50000 points level.

Eg) If you redeem 22000 and 38000 you spent total of 60000 points for $90. When you redeem 50000 you get $85...

Best is wait for get 15000 or 30000 back coupon. For 35000 points I get $85 of free stuff.

So for 25000 points you get $5 (60000-35000), not good deal. 25000 is worth $60.
    Last edited by Decaf; Tue, Aug 19th, 2014 at 09:18 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have started collecting optimum points since march, 2014 and i have already participated in mega redemption in the beginning of june, redeemed on the lowest level a couple times and i have already collected enough points for one mega redemption but the problem is that i dont need to make a big purchase now. Sdm has sent me very good bonus points emailed coupons that i have already bought enough dish detergent, paper towels, swiffer dusters, softsoap, dove soap, shampoo, conditioner, and a lot of other stuff to last me at least 6 months.

now the other problem comes when i read momi's, or dahliagrower's or other peoples' awesome sdm brags. OMG! It gets so hard to stop myself from going to sdm.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    I have none anymore. Walked away from SDM around 2011?? ( really truth be told they really have nothing I need there, that I cannot get elsewhere cheaper ) The odd eggs sale is about all I have bought from them and that will not earn me many points. The last redeem I gave the $10.00 that was left to my DS to use towards for his cologne purchase.

Oh walkonby! I thought we could be good friends but...what did you say???? You dont have an optimum card now?
    walkonby, peachies, ticul and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I often redeem at 50k level when there's a bonus redemption as I rarely need big ticket items. Every holiday season I redeem 95k points for a lot of gifts and supplies.
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    I don't redeem lower than 50000 points level.

Eg) If you redeem 22000 and 38000 you spent total of 60000 points for $90. When you redeem 50000 you get $85...

Best is wait for get 15000 or 30000 back coupon. For 35000 points I get $85 of free stuff.

So for 25000 points you get $5 (60000-35000), not good deal. 25000 is worth $60.
    very nice strategy! I'll keep that in mind for future redemptions.
    Decaf and ticul like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I generally keep them for max levels but not necessarily bonus/mega redemption which tend to have terrible flyers
    Decaf, ticul and momi like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

I usually try to keep them for Christmas but we just did a 50k last weekend cause my personal coupon was spend 50k get 15k back and money is pretty tight lately
    ticul and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I redeem when ever there are bonus offers but only if I need stuff. And only at lower levels since I can never get the $100 and plus amount off goods.
    As well I'm only buying for DH and myself so I only buy enough goods for 6 months or so.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I also redeem on lower levels with 4000,6000 or 8000 bonus points offers.
    So basically I get more benefited with this strategy rather then mega redemption.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I save up my points, as I prefer to redeem towards expensive electronics (in the past couple of years I've bought a Nexus tablet and a new laptop).
    That being said, I've also done smaller redemptions at Christmas time for stocking stuffers and what not, as I didn't need or want to redeem at the highest level - and also smaller beauty redemptions.

I rarely redeem for things like groceries, as that's something we can afford to pay up front for - so I'd rather earn money on those items than redeem points for it.
    ticul, momi, joandstef and 2 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I collect all the points and then do mega redemptions at Murale (usually every four months) for high end brand cosmetics that I wouldn't normally purchase on a regular basis like Chanel :D
    ticul, momi, joandstef and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

I keep my points till Xmass and buy most of my gifts there, even GC gift. I want to redeem on a lower level but like Fallen said, the flyers are never good or not good enough. I keep my points to save so I dont want to spend them wen almost everything is more expensive than another store. I really like SDM now that I have my cards and personnel offers. My personnel offers are not very good now but, I know thei will be.

Thank you for sharing every one as I like other people thinking on that.............................................. .....
    ssambhi, momi and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information