• 3 Post By Springbreeze
  • 2 Post By Mia
  • 1 Post By Cake
  • 2 Post By Venuila
  • 2 Post By lll111
  • 2 Post By Venuila
  • 1 Post By Minou
  • 1 Post By vibrantflame

Thread: Potty training - method, training pants?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi everyone,

What method did you use for potty training and did you use training pants? If so please give the brand and where you bought them.T

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I recommend no method at all. I've put a lot of effort into potty training my first born and it was hell. We used books, special pants, etc. My second and third one, I put no effort at all and they were potty trained around the same age as my first born. You gotta remember that no one goes to university in a diaper, so worry less. :D
    cjethani and lll111 like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We are attempting the potty training process with DD. We started using pamper pull ups. Do not like them at all. The sizes run small. Awful for changing messy accidents. To my daughter they are just a diaper. We are going to finish the box we bought and then on hubbys next pay day we are going to buy her some underwear. Pull ups just not worth it.
    Natalka, Mia and lll111 like this.

Mia
    Female
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

For potty training don't use any any training pants (pull ups, etc...). They are just for commercial tricks to "steal" as much money from parents of toddlers, as possible.

P.S. A little bit hard work for you (with pull ups it's so easy, cleaning is a breeze) but it's worth, believe me. And in any case, parents can serve as the best role models for their children during potty training as they are their authority, every child wants to look and to be like his daddy (or her mommy).
    Last edited by Mia; Sat, Sep 6th, 2014 at 12:50 AM.
    Natalka and lll111 like this.
    Relax, enjoy your coffee (tea) and earn money! Any time, when you want! http://www.clixsense.com/?5881505
    And earn Amazon and other gift cards as well, fast and easy! Anyone can!
    https://www.swagbucks.com/refer/zerehas

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

[QUOTE=penguinqueen;6064240You gotta remember that no one goes to university in a diaper, so worry less. :D[/QUOTE]
    LOL...I kept telling myself he would not go to his grad in a diaper. It really helps
    lll111 likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hear YouTube and public shaming is the new thing...

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I used pull-ups with DS1 and kept putting him on the toilet when he was about to do a no2. He would make a funny face and be very silent lol. Everytime he went, I gave a treat. For no1, I kept telling him to let me know when he wanted to go. Sometimes, I would just put him on the toilet and tell him to try. Sometimes there would be a pee, other times nothing, but the idea was to get him into the habit of sitting on the toilet. I kept doing this for a couple of months. They were also trying at the daycare. I guess, seeing his friends made it easier. One day his teacher told me what his pull-up has been clean for a few days as he was going on the toilet and to start putting underwear.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

I wasn't really planning on training DS when we did but he was showing interest in it, so I went with it! At first he was into and then he was having trouble with it and I was getting impatient so then I gave up (I know right...). So we tried pull ups for a month or two which wasn't really working, so as soon as he started showing interest again, he was naked from the waist down all day for three days. Messy? Yeah! But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, he caught on pretty quickly that it had to go somewhere (and not on the floor lol). After those three days he was ALWAYS in underwear. He had a few accidents here and there (he was quite young still tho at about 18 months now) but he did pretty good! He NEVER pooped in his underwear (he usually poops in his diaper at nap or bed time though).

He just turned 2 in August and probably only started actually TELLING me when he had to go at around 21 months. Before then it was a lot of asking him if he had to, and you get to know his signs when he is about to.

I read about the method in a few articles and it worked well for us. Will definitely be going this route with baby #2. Goodluck!!!

He is still in diapers at nap and bed time though.
    Mia and lll111 like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thanks for all the replies I did about 2 days naked and then the 3rd in underwear and after that we only had a few accidents, but I am still worried when going out if he has to go and we are not near a bathroom.
    Mia and Venuila like this.

Trading Score
    369 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lll111 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies I did about 2 days naked and then the 3rd in underwear and after that we only had a few accidents, but I am still worried when going out if he has to go and we are not near a bathroom.
    That's great!!!!! YAY!!
    I was always super nervous about that too, I always took him to the washroom whenever we got somewhere that had one though (and before we left the house) and always had back up underwear/pants with me if it did happen, which I don't think it ever did. He did get messy a handful of time while going though. I don't like the idea of carrying a travel seat with me so I just hold him while he goes and ya...public toilets are HUGE! lol. You learn what works fairly quickly though, haha.

If you are super worried and are going somewhere you know doesn't have one, I would stop at Timmys or something on the way. I definitely did that a few times in the beginning.
    Mia and lll111 like this.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Gerber plastic training pants to go over underwear. Pee gets pretty gross and uncomfortable when it's pooling in the plastic pants. Kids freeze in horror! Unfortunately, the pants are pretty much impossible to locate in Canada, so I've had to buy from the US.
    lll111 likes this.

Trading Score
    56 (100%)

I don't think there is one method that will work for everyone. You have to try different things and see what works for your child. With my oldest son, putting some small treats and toys into a bag that he couldn't see into and saying "every time you go to the potty, you get to reach in and pick out a surprise" did the trick. He loved it. With my middle son, we tried everything we could think of and *nothing* would work. He'd pee in the potty but never poop. And he was aware he had to poop and all that, he just flat out refused to go. And he was in JK, so that was just a nightmare. Finally, we consulted with our family doctor. She asked what his favourite thing to do is (play video games). She sat him down and told him from now on, he had to earn his video games, and so every time he pooped on the potty, he'd get 10 minutes of game time. Bad-a-boom, presto chango! He's fully potty trained over night. Thank you, doctor!!

Good luck
    lll111 likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I want some friends I can go level with or take some ops. Hard to find people on during my play time because I'm in the USA. I am currently Protopharma but I can switch on my own to whichever faction. I prefer anti-city.

Last edited by MickelJacson; Wed, Sep 17th, 2014 at 08:55 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You'll need standalone potty chairs to use at home (ideally one for every main area where you spend time, plus any bathrooms), plenty of water or diluted juice to drink, and snacks that encourage peeing (either salty ones that make you thirsty, such as crackers, or foods with high water content such as watermelon and Popsicles). continue reading here..

Give Your Kids the Right Toys! KidKraft Canada http://www.kidstoysandstuff.com - Kids Toys and Stuff

Thread Information