User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By FallenPixels

Thread: Question about the 11-Parkdale bus that goes to Burlington

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When it goes to Burlington the last stop is Lakeshore at Elizabeth and then it goes to the terminal.

Now, I wanted to know what is the first stop on the way BACK.

It should be Elizabeth at Lakeshore is this correct? and then from there it's:

Lakeshore at Brant

Lakeshore at Burlington

Lakeshore at Nelson

and then by the Joseph Brant Hospital

/ One time when I was in Burlington I went to Mapleview and on my way back..I thought since the Parkdale bus was coming from Burlington that there must be some stops closer by! each and every single time to catch the Parkdale I had to walk all the way to the Joseph Brant Hospital stop! because as the Parkdale was coming from the intersection I never saw it stop at any stops...
    I went a bit to my left to the nearest bustop..but it was a Burlington bus stop only.. the one on the corner (Lakeshore at Brock Ave) that should be a Parkdale stop too! it's a little ridiculous that you have to walk all the way to the hospital stop or all the way to Lakeshore at Nelson for the Parkdale stop.. they're both far away.. too far.

Anywho, can someone just confirm to me because I'v checked websites and google maps says differently...

Q. When the 11-Parkdale goes to the Burlington Terminal, what is the 1st stop on the way back?
    and what are the first 6 stops?

Terminal being 1

or if they are the stops I'v mentioned above please let me know if I'm correct.

-Thanks!

/sorry for any confusion.
    I wish there was a closer 11-parkdale bus stop in burlington esp. at maple intersection -_-
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There used to be an HSR bus stop close to Maple Ave @Lakeshore about 6 years ago but the bus driver had a really hard time cutting 2 lanes after pickup to make the left to go back to Hamilton. I don't recognize the name Nelson but it must be the stop in front of the Burlington Art Gallery, about 1.5 blocks from the left turning lane on Lakeshore Blvd.

http://www.busweb.hamilton.ca:8008/hiwire

I think you could get off at the first bus stop at Spencer Smith park then get across the street after the BT bus turns from Maple Ave onto Lakeshore. But you're right, it's a hike to the hospital stop and I think I only ever once had to walk there to get the next bus. I usually go to the Bus Terminal or if I am done walking downtown by foot, wait by the Art Gallery stop. I make a point to wave past or shake head no at BT buses also wanting to stop unless there is someone else at the stop. I find it worthwhile to wave at the HSR bus well before it gets to the stop. Sometimes there's volume, the sun in the driver's eyes, etc.

You have your stops correct. First stop or boarding spot is the Bus Terminal, then Elizabeth by the Beer Store and rest as you posted.
    JDI007 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you very much! I didn't know there used to be a bus stop at maple intersection 6 years ago.. it's too bad I guess that means they won't be thinking about adding it again many times I miss the bus as I'm walking down maple because I see it coming and I just can't run that fast to the hospital bus stop..that sucks big time.
    / Anywho, I was thinking of going on Brant street and just wanted to know if there is a way back with 11-Parkdale but if the stops I posted were correct then I should have no problem thank you!
    I know I can take the Burlington buses too but they are a bit pricier and I figure if 11 Parkdale goes that way then I might as well take it.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I usually take the HSR express and come in via downtown but as mentioned, they won't add the stop at Maple back as the drivers could not get over the lanes of traffic to turn. They do however seem to stop at the corner after turning for all the people running to catch them from Maple getting off the buses coming down from the Mall on Maple or across Ontario

I know it stops just past the Esso on Lakeshore just before Burlington Ave and near the Art Gallery, I think Nelson
    JDI007 likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wish they would make a stop after the intersection then, just on the corner that would be much better too! and closer than the hospital one. or make one a little bit farther than the one at maple intersection.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The one by the hospital is kinda random too, it isn't paved well etc (or at least wasn't when I lived on Maple a few years ago)
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yea there's not even any sidewalk or anything..it's quite a mess and there's always construction going on in the buildings last time I was there it smelled soo bad.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There's a Halton? wastewater works project next door to Jo Brant, so that might explain some of the aroma wafting through the area.

Was in Burlington-quite a hike to get BT bus from Mapleview Centre back to Hamilton as no buses go into Mapleview's lot anymore (saw FB messages on the mall site this spring and now understand the upset-funnily enough, the original BT bus shelter put near the Bay end when the mall first open is STILL THERE). Coming to Burlington, the 1-Plains/Fairview or 101 Express stop at the shelter close to Sears. Going back, one has to cross to the north side of Fairview St. and walk about 1/3 of block north to the 101 Express stop to get the 101 or 1 back to Hamilton. So BT buses are still using the back entrance to GO Burlington meaning the construction there is still ongoing (over a year now) and BT remains on detour.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information