User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree273Likes

Thread: Is your hair different???

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    First off...look at those guns on Holly!

Sure looks like she does!
    Holly you look amazing.

Um...my hair is dark, short, coarse, and thick...always has been, and always will be...although i've gotten a number more greys over the years...
    Thanks hun, you noticed I don't go to the gym, not here anyways, we do in the winters. I use a few soup cans a few times a week when we're here.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So holly you are going to go au naturel eh?? Being an impatient sort of person I know if I tried this right now I'd be tugging and pulling trying to force it to grow faster! However, the thought of discovering what the real colour of my hair is these days has me slightly intrigued?? If I was lucky enough to be one of those " all over " snow white ( not mangy yellow ) types then great, but a salt and pepper look has me less interested. Best of luck!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    HAIR DYE AND CANCER

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...se-cancer.html

More studies done: American Cancer Society....this is another site that suggests a link between hairdressers and bladder cancer....perhaps home use is less of a concern, it's an individual' decision of course..

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancerc...lace/hair-dyes

Nifty site...besides the hair dye controversy, there are other interesting topics on the right..
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...ts-hair-dye/#8

Thanks to David Suzuki I may have to stop using foamy hand cleansers, too?!
    http://www.davidsuzuki.org/issues/he...tic-chemicals/

Have a nice day, Ladies!
    well, if it's so bad for our health, then why isn't it forbidden ?
    ticul, TooCouponCrazy and krystall like this.
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    So now I have my reading material for the long weekend...thanks lynn

I was talking with dh last night and told him that I thought that after some discussion with you guys, that I was going to stop dying my hair. He just you're joking right! He was just being a smart @$$ of coarse but he said "Isn't it going to look funny when it starts to grow out" Yep, that's what it would probably look like. So, I HAVE decided to stop coloring it...when I get it cut short again. That will probably be sooner than later because it's just getting to thin, and I'm ALMOST over the "oh look, I've got hair" thing Perhaps this winter if it gets to hot, I'll get frustrated and off it will come, then I'll just get a few streaks put in to blend the old with the new until it grows out.
    don't worry Holly, you'll be in stile, they call it ''ombré''
    Thank's to DH who told me the grumpy Garfield was not at all representative of who i am

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Personnally, i find your hair is beautifull and i'd like to be able to have the same color

i'm a brunette and when i tried some of the paler color i could get, it didn't suit me ....so i die it the closest of my natural color.....and sometimes with a bit of auburn ( mom said my great grand dad had auburn hair)
    mom kept some of my hair when was Young and i was surpised when she showed it to me few years ago...it was much of a dark golden auburn than Brown
    Last edited by Mia001; Fri, Aug 29th, 2014 at 07:29 PM.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

My hair was so blonde that is was almost white until I was about 15 or so.....then I decided to dye it. After that, the roots are a mousy blonde, very light brown..not a nice color. It's changed in texture and gotten a lot thinner, especially after the last time. BUT, if I really hate it, I won't go au natural....hmmm, guess the only way around thinning hair, is to add more, like extensions or something. I think that would be very expensive though.

A DD had that done several years ago and it was pricey at that time AND it took an entire day, at least it seemed that way.
    Lynn49, walkonby, ticul and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    lol...for the same reason GMO foods, Coke, Pepsi, Aspartame etc are allowed in our grocery stores: big business has consumers by the shorts....

I haven had corn all summer...so I guess that's off my list for good, unless I can find someone growing the stuff from heritage seeds.
    Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Aug 29th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

you're right, GMO foods.....in France they are labelled '' GMO '' but i think Us compagnies lobby are very strong here in Canada

when we Watch some documentaries about how our food is grown, it is often so disgusting that we say ''we will never eat that again''

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Penguins have nicely coloued feathers TYVM..

Me..i went from dark-haired Celt to a redhead once the greys started at 18..Ilooked a lot better as my skin tone ws/is pale..not a romantic pale but a sickly looking pale next to dark hair..red suits me better.. blonde was a step too light.

so for the past 30 mumby years I've been a red-head...

as for "Ye dreaded khemicls!!1" I spent over 20 yrs working in with chemicals from pure blue-sky research to highly regulated industry-specific bench-bod...I read all the latest reports and avoid the anti-science hype..
    i

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mia001 View Post
    LOL. McDonalds is still open, cigarettes and alcohol are still for sale, and we can put bacon into whatever we want, even cover it with chocolate if that's what floats your boat. It's called a free country.
    Natalka, Angela273, Lynn49 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yep, Zonny...the big business lobbyists have their govt's by the short and curlies, no doubt about it! I can't remember who the heck was being interviewed by who (whom?), so just take this for what it's worth, but they were having a rousing conversation about whatever that guy was manufacturing, and when asked if his family ate/drank it, he laughed his head off and said something like: ARE YOU KIDDING??!!
    Since then, I just picture those multimillionaire conglomerate owners drinking spring water and eating organic fruit salads and NOT touching the stuff they're producing.
    It sure changed me...that one interview. I did enjoy my corn on the cob, and miss it, but when I see it now in stores, it just turns my stomach...I just picture it like one big pesticide capsule!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Soy, that everyone at one time thought was the wonder seed, is one of the most heavily produced GMO products. I never have and never will buy anything soy. I try to stick to coconut (organic) and all organic stuff from now on. Sure we all eat stuff that's not good for us from time to time, but I try I really do!!! Don't laugh at me...I see you

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

You and me both, Holly...I've seen coupons for soy milk lately and have been tempted, but not tempted enough to touch the stuff. I only use almond milk, and heaven help me if that starts getting messed with! I wouldn't touch cow's milk with a ten foot pole, either...unfortunately I'm pretty sure the beef that's sold in grocery stores have been fed on corn..sigh...sometimes there's no winning this health game...
    ticul likes this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I went from black hair at birth to a warm brown with red highlights. Then once I could start to afford hair colouring, the rainbow journey began. I had waist long hair for years and now I am at my happiest with a shortish haircut. I have always had very fine stick straight hair but tons of it. As I mentioned, I have coloured my hair forever(20+ years) with no ill effects. I do my roots once a month and get a cut when my hair starts to irritate me. I don't use any heat appliances on it, strictly air dry. Not even any rollers overnight. I don't use any styling products except for the rare occasional spritz of hairspray. I try to use a brush only once a day. I am really lucky to have great hair considering my advanced age
    ROMEO, toban, ticul and 1 others like this.
    Just call me Wolfie

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

ROMEO and ticul like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information