User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Crib Bedding

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

How much is a reasonable price to spend on crib bedding. We have our hearts set on a Lambs & Ivy Snoopy crib bedding, but it looks like it will cost us around $200 for the whole set

This seems like a lot to me....how much did you pay for your set?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun
    https://www.superpoints.com/join/E_V...HakUR2RSb3SXJk

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

I never bought a set.

Bumper pads and all that extra stuff isn't safe for babies.

I bought 3-4 crib sheets (you can get cool designs at Target for around $7-$10 each, I just went to a new liquidation store that had Target sheets for $4!). Then I bought a heavier blanket. My MIL gave us a quilt she made also.

Personally I think sets are a waste of money until kids become toddlers/older kids. Both my kids picked their bedding sets for their "big kid" bed.

As babies they don't care, plus you'll be heart broken when there's stains on your brand new $200 set.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Angela273 likes this.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hmmm...interesting. I never considered not getting one lol
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have never used a crib set and our son is turning two in September. We were given a couple of different sets second hand. I have more crib sheets than we have ever had to use. Luckily LO hasn't been sick very often (reason to have extra sheets). We were given a few different hand made blankets, were given lots of other blankets second hand, and picked up a few of our own.
    ninna likes this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

We didn't have a matching set of anything either. I had a few secondhand crib sheets that someone gave me, and used flannel blankets to swaddle DS.

Trust me, you're going to find plenty of stuff that you'll NEED to spend money on. $200 crib bedding isn't one of them.
    Angela273 and ninna like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I would also pass on the expensive bedding set, although they do look sweet. With DD we were given a beautiful bedding set. Tailored the room decorations and color to the bedding set, set up the crib put the bedding in looked wonderful. Baby was born out came the comforter, out came the bumper pads. All we ended using from the set was the sheet and bed skirt. Just not worth the money. We did end up using the comforter after DD turned one. But the bumper pads never made it back to the crib, they are just not safe. (although you can buy breathable bumper pads) For this baby I am just getting some cute sheets,and some curtains and a bed skirt to go with the color of the room. We used baby sleep sacks for DD for the first year so a heavy blanket was not needed.
    Angela273 and ninna like this.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

i used a crib bedding set from Walmart - came with bumpers, blanket and fitted sheet.. cost approx $50 (8 years ago).
    Venuila likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I spent 250 on a crib set and matching mobile from Sears and had a extra few crib sheets just in case. It was expensive but we've used every piece of it everyday for 2 years(she literally destroyed her mobile, broke it into pieces at 10 months old lol) so it's more than paid for itself.
    I think it comes down to what you like and what you can afford, if you like and can afford 200.00 set, why not?

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I ended up buying a couple of sets with an animal/jungle motif. We used the crib sheet and crib skirt and made wall hangings out of the blanket. The bumper pad were also modified into wall hangings or mini pillows. We used the wall hangings to decorate her room. I still have plans to take the crib sheets and make pillow cases out of them but just need to get motivated to do it. I can't remember how much they cost but it was worth it for us.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

So as a first time parents, bumper pads are a major no no now? I have so much to learn! lol

I'm not sure it makes sense to spend that much if I won't be using the bumper pads or the comforter!
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Lots of people still use crib bumpers, but they are said to be a SIDs factor. I didn't use them, and didn't miss them, my kid never injured himself by smooshing himself up against the crib rails. Not to say he did not smoosh himself up there, but he had no ill effects from it. And yeah, blankets in the crib, also said to be not a good thing. We wrapped ours up tight in a flannel sheet, he slept better wrapped up like that, and was warm enough in it.

I remember being in the late stages of pregnancy, we're getting DS's crib ready and there's only one sheet. Having trouble figuring out why, I broke down crying, asking DH how we can ever raise a child if we can't even figure out how to make his bed before he's even born! A quick call to a friend who has three solved the mystery for us.

For the record, I am NOT a crier, DH said he saw me cry more in the first three weeks of motherhood than he had the previous seven years.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Hmm, now to make the decision to use them or not...ugh. I feel the same way most days. How will I raise this child if I can't even decide on what to put in the nursey! ughh.
    Zonny likes this.
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Up until we took our prenatal course I thought bumper pads were a must. During the course they talked about bumper pads and SIDS risk, and that was it for me.

We bought a lot of new furniture (crib, change table/dresser combo, rocking chair) and wall decorations and just bought crib sheets to match. Both our little ones preferred to be swaddled so that's what we did and they were warm enough that way. We did have a heavier blanket for when they were older (not being swaddled any more).

No need to stress to much, you'll learn on the go. A lot of things really depend on your little one and their preferences.

If you're ever in doubt, contact your health unit. They always have LOADS of information.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wimbly11 View Post
    Hmm, now to make the decision to use them or not...ugh. I feel the same way most days. How will I raise this child if I can't even decide on what to put in the nursey! ughh.
    You will do just fine, don't you worry! The first time around is the toughest because it SEEMS like it's scary and life-changing and anxietal and heaven-knows-what else you *think* you might not have thought of yet. LOL. Mostly, becoming a parent is a giant unknown until you're standing there with the baby in your arms and you realize, "pfffft. I was worried?? I CAN DO THIS!!"

At least, that was my experience.

I received crib bedding second hand from a family member. I used it (including the bumpers) for both kids. Previous posters are correct-- coordinating and cute bedding is really for the parent and not the baby. Baby doesn't care if it's green or pink or yellow or has tractors or teddies on it. And the bumpers DO carry the risk of increased SIDS.

That said, I totally understand the desire for nice bedding because I was the same way and wanted the same thing myself. Ours was functional and that was nice and all but there were still many times when I wished I could trade it in for some of the really nice sets I'd seen in the store.

You will make the best decision for yourself!!

Enjoy this wondrous and scary and strange time of being pregnant.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Thanks everyone. I could buy the set with the bumpers for much cheaper...so perhaps I will go that route. I do have that desire to have this perfect little nursery lol
    SUPERPOINTS IS BACK!!!!
    Come join the fun

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information