• 4 Post By Rena13
  • 4 Post By kmontgom
  • 1 Post By terry2144
  • 2 Post By PurpleBunny89

Thread: Apple Rant

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have an iphone 4s on a contract until the end of January 2015. I now have many problems (battery drain -- charging 3 times a day, Bluetooth disconnects, random shutdowns) with the phone. The Apple genius bar reset my phone (lost everything, it was backed up but they told me not to use backup in case some apps were causing the problem) and now the battery drains even faster. Apple wants to charge me to replace it (said bad hardware) but the phone is 2.5 years old and not under warranty. Is it too much to expect a $700 phone to at least last the length of my phone contract???? Apple is dead in my eyes now!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple
    terry2144 likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Speakers on our Ipod died after 1.5 years of use few years ago. Warranty had just expired and Apple wanted to charge around 200.00 to fix it. We had purchased it for around 300 (bigger memory) We never got it fixed. It works on the dock and with the headphones but not without them.

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I had my very first iPod Touch, it was the 3rd gen non-retina. It lasted for 2.5 years, which when I did a research on, was considered a "stretch" and very, very, lucky for an Apple product. iPod Touch 3rd gen got the "white screen" of death. My 2nd iPod Touch 4th gen got the screen cracked, DH got it to a 3rd party repair but they replaced my battery with an old one and charge only lasted for 5 minutes. DH bought the battery online and repaired it. Now, the home button is damaged, DH gave up and said it's garbage.

I have a refurbished iPod Touch 5th gen and a refurbished 4th gen for the kids that are still doing fine. I also have my main iPad 4 that is bought brand new when it came out and I have noticed that after 1 year of use, the battery starts to drain faster. It is now on it's 1 year and a half and is probably going to be inherited by my daughter who has autism.

With all things said, I am still saving up for a new Apple device, most likely the newest iPad Air. DH said, I am crazy to spend more money on Apple, but, in my crazy and very stressful life with autistic kids, I really love it!
    Last edited by JadeAngel; Thu, Sep 4th, 2014 at 11:30 AM.
    seylz_gurl likes this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have a 1st gen Ipad, bought three days after they came out with it and while the battery does not last it still works fine for me, although the kids call it laggy.
    I have the Iphone 4, over three years old and off contract, still works fine.
    hearing the stories above I will just expect to have them both keel over in a heartbeat. I am sure i will replace with Apple only because I don't like change.
    JadeAngel: there is a fix to the dead home button as it happened to one of the kids, I will ask DH, but its and app that you download I think that becomes the new home button.
    JadeAngel and seylz_gurl like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

I had one of the original Ipods for the longest time, maybe 5+ years of service and it only died after it went in the washing machine - whoops!

I now have another Ipod, its a purple one and I use it exclusively in my car. It stays in my car in the death heat of summer and I've only had to start taking it indoors since last winter as it will freeze and not work. The only thing I've noticed with it is that the battery doesn't hold a charge so I just keep it plugged in to my lighter port and the auxillary input all the time when in use.

That all being said I will not buy apple products in the future soley based on the price. I'm sorry but just because its a brand name I'm not going to pay double, triple, quadruple for it when I can get something pretty much the same with a unpopular brand name for a fraction of the cost.

I recently was looking into getting a tablet and was disgusted at the prices for Ipads and Samsung galaxy tabs when I could just get an acer for a fraction. Its not like I'm an uber techno person. I'd be using it strictly for pricematching and nothing else.

Sometimes being in the dark ages regarding technology has its perks.
    Ciel and luckbealady like this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Oh and I've had my purple Ipod now for 6.5 years. When it dies I'll likely replace it with a super cheap MP3 player.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/0...n_5704821.html
    Perhaps your phone is eligible for the free battery replacement.
    Ciel likes this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My phone is not eligible because the serial number is not in the affected range.
    Ciel and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I read the title "Apple Rant" I thought this was going to be a rant about the actual fruit... I was really curious to find out why you were so upset with the fruit...

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The fruit would work better than my phone!!
    Ciel, luckbealady, amira84 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kmontgom View Post
    My phone is not eligible because the serial number is not in the affected range.
    That stinks. Makes you wonder about repeat problems. Do they need x number of complaints.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rena13 View Post
    When I read the title "Apple Rant" I thought this was going to be a rant about the actual fruit... I was really curious to find out why you were so upset with the fruit...
    I thought so too! Then I checked it out and posted.

Then I got a rep and thought hmm I don't remember reading a rant about apples. Whats wrong with them?
    Rena13 and all about saving like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Lol me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rena13 View Post

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I honestly have never had a phone regardless of make last the full length of contract. My samsung phone lasted 3 months, blackberry a year, windows 6 months, Nokia 9 months. All of these phones were smart phones that retailed off contract for 500-650. My first IPhone lasted a year, got it replaced under warranty(died 2 weeks after it was out of warranty and Apple was nice enough to swap it for free). My current iPhone is almost 2 years old and the only issue I've had with it is that my toddler threw it and cracked the screen(60 bucks to repair under apple care). Dh buys all my phones(tech geek lol) and if it was up to me I'd always have an iPhone, can't beat the convenience of driving 15 mins and getting your phone fixed while you shop.

Thread Information