• 2 Post By MapleLeaves
  • 1 Post By MapleLeaves
  • 1 Post By Chimmi
  • 1 Post By MapleLeaves

Thread: No more scene points for playing timeplay at Cineplex

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Update: No more scene points for the game now. I scored #1 in two recent games and received nothing.
    This thread is currently associated with: Cineplex & Scene Rewards
    Last edited by MapleLeaves; Tue, Jan 6th, 2015 at 08:29 PM.
    izzyb14 and grannynellie like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thank you Maple

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

What's interesting is that I emailed them to inquire about the cutting of the points, and here's their response (- in order to reward 'more' points to the top player, they cut all other players' points):

Hi,

Thank you for contacting TimePlay Support. As TimePlay rolls out across Canada, we wanted to make it more competitive, rewarding our top players with more SCENE points. So the new structure provides the top players with 50 points and the second tier of players with 25.

izzyb14 likes this.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

hmmm, I wonder how many players get to be in the 'top' then...like ten, or five? Or maybe just one, haha.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

It used to be 100 points ... this is a huge reduction. In the past the top 10 players received additional rewards as well as the points. So anyone that would play would receive 100 points and the top 10 players would receive 100 points plus an additional offer like a free drink with the purchase of a popcorn. Then they reduced it to 50 points and gave the top 10 winners an additional prize of a free slice of pizza (no purchase necessary) as one of the offers. 25 points means that it will take you playing timeplay in 40 movies (and not being in the top 10) to get 1000 points (a free movie) or 20 movies and always being in the top 10....
    izzyb14 likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Chimmi View Post
    It used to be 100 points ... this is a huge reduction. In the past the top 10 players received additional rewards as well as the points. So anyone that would play would receive 100 points and the top 10 players would receive 100 points plus an additional offer like a free drink with the purchase of a popcorn. Then they reduced it to 50 points and gave the top 10 winners an additional prize of a free slice of pizza (no purchase necessary) as one of the offers. 25 points means that it will take you playing timeplay in 40 movies (and not being in the top 10) to get 1000 points (a free movie) or 20 movies and always being in the top 10....
    Yes, I heard they started with 100 points...What's ironic is that they didn't admit they were cutting down, but saying they wanted to reward the top players 'more' (by actually cutting down the points of the non-top players). Wouldn't it make more sense if they offer the champion of the game 100 points so that it does make it more competitive and they don't have to give away too many points? Rewards programs usually gradually decline in value for customers in general, like Air Miles, etc, but for movie business, they want you to go to the theatres to make money off the snacks, and making it more entertaining (- not disappointing) is the way to do it.
    Chimmi likes this.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Welp, 0 points now apparently for at least 11th place and below (got my family to take my phone)...not sure about other placings.

It seems 10th got 25 and 1st got 50. :\
    Last edited by Weeeooojr; Tue, Oct 14th, 2014 at 08:21 AM.
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Weeeooojr View Post
    Welp, 0 points now apparently for at least 11th place and below (got my family to take my phone)...not sure about other placings.

It seems 10th got 25 and 1st got 50. :\
    Wow, they keep chopping down the points...Last time when I got the 25 points, it was a busy theatre and I only ranked 17 or something. Now you get nothing if you are below 10th. Hmm. They first started with 100 points, then 50 for everyone who plays the game, then 25 if you're below 10th, now nothing if you're below 10th...

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

The theater was full for the timeplay game I was talking about too. They just dropped it to 25 recently, can't believe they're giving out 0 now. Maybe that was a one time thing or something? I already miss 50 just for playing.
    Free video game trading at 99gamers! Please use my referral link
    http://99gamers.com/invite/Weeeooojr

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

When I went today, it said the top 5 players got 50 points, and I think players 6-10 got 25 points (but I can't remember). I do know that since my family and I were the only 3 players (awesome, because I really suck at trivia!) we all 3 got 50 points! I'd never stand a chance in a full theatre though.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

No more scene points for playing timeplay games now? I scored #1 and nothing in the account.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

nope, went to the movies this week and they arent giving away any scene points anymore.. the top player got a ''chance'' to win a prize in a contest... wtf

Thread Information