• 4 Post By Zonny
  • 2 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By protecteur
  • 2 Post By terry2144
  • 1 Post By PurpleBunny89
  • 1 Post By lilo0003
  • 1 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By mulock

Thread: No customer service at sears and can't fix what they sell!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

In Early June Icontacted Sears Parts and Service Department to get a new replacement blade adapterfor myself propel lawnmower that I got last September. They told me because itwas under warranty that a service technician would contact me. The next day Igot a call from there service technician and he took all my info and said thathe had to order the part in and it would take about a week.

Two weeks later Icalled the service department to check on the status of my parts since I haven’theard anything back. The lady on the other end put me on hold and went andchecked with their dispatch. Twenty minutes later she come back and says thatthere warehouse now has my part and that the service tech will be in touch withme within 48 hours.

Well two weeks later Icontact them again since I still haven’t heard anything back from them. Thelady on the other end put me on hold again and went and checked with theirdispatch. Twenty minutes later she come back and says that there warehouse nowhas my part and that the service tech will be in touch with me within 48 hours.(Same story again)

This keeps repeatingevery two weeks. It’s now 4 months later and still no parts and no word fromthere service technician.

So how now decided tocall the Sears customer service and they said nothing they can do at their endbut would transfer me to their best agents over in parts and service to try torectify this issue. After waiting 25-30 minutes on hold the lady finely comeson and she took all my info again and put me on hold for about 15 minutes. Whenshe came back she said that there’s none in there warehouses in Montreal butafter checking all there inventory she found one in there central warehouse. Ithen told why did they keep telling me that they had the parts and the techwould be in touche with me within 48 hours? She couldn’t give me answer.

She then told me thefastest way to get the part was to cancel the work order and to order the partsall over again without the work order and that they would ship to me free ofcharge. But in order to do this she will have to transfer me again to anotherperson. After being on hold again for 35 or so minutes again. Another ladycomes on the phone and I explained to her the situation and she basically tellme sir we can’t ship you a warranty part free of charge without a work order!What the F@##$@%%@ So I got lied again by one of their employees. Now this ladysaid she will re-open the work order and it could take up to two weeks beforethe tech get the parts. Then I explained to her Mamm I purchased this lawnmowerlast year to be able to cut my grass. It’s now been 4months and I haven’t beenable to cut my own grass with it. I had to hire someone at $25 a week to cut mygrass. That’s $100 a month!!! Can at least get a loaner mower to cut my grasstill I get it repaired and she said no and that’s she is sorry and that I willhave to wait till my parts come him!

This is why I say don’tbuy anything from Sears there customer service and sucks and they don’t fixwhat they sell! I am now over $400 in the hole and still no usable lawnmower!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Sears
    strew, Ciel, JDI007 and 3 others like this.
    $450 in amazon.ca gift certificate and counting Thanks! to Swagbucks! click the link below to join!
    Join Swagucks and get cool Prizes!
    My BBQ Blog http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

That all sucks. I too am quite disgusted with Sears. A few years back I had an experience with them where I was ordering a fridge and stove online for my Mom. Called first to ensure they delivered to her area, they took the address and postal code, assured me they did deliver there, and so I ordered the items. Delivery day came and didn't hear from them, so I called. Turns out they did NOT deliver to this area, and the items were still in Toronto. When I asked why they said that they did deliver there, the explanation was that the call centre was in the Phillipines and they don't know enough about Canadian geography.

After that I swore I would never make another major purchase from them, but dumb me, I did. Ordered a mattress and box spring set online. It was on sale, the site indicated it was 'in stock,' but the first day I could pick it up was 13 days after my order, September 6th. Not ideal but fine. The site did not indicate it was 'approximately' that date, or 'maybe' that date, it was that date. I reserved a vehicle to pick it up.

I got an email on the 4th indicating that it was in, as well as an automated call. But the email only had the box spring listed, not the whole set I'd ordered. So I called on the 5th, sure enough it was only the box spring. I got another automated call on the 6th saying my order was in, but it didn't come on the 6th either. The local store told me that according to their system, the mattress would be here on the 9th. Not good enough. While I did manage to cancel my rental vehicle, my DS was still very disappointed, he'd been counting down the days to his new bed. After several calls to their call centre, they said that there could be compensation, but only after it arrived at the store.

It arrived at the store on the 8th. So I called about my compensation, the local store was very friendly but said that issue had to go through their call centre. When I got through to them, they would not tell me anything about what compensation would be offered, but that this would be offered only AFTER I picked up the item. I tried to explain how ridiculous this was - I mean, if they're going to offer me a $5 GC, they can forget it, I'm going to shop elsewhere. I asked to speak to a supervisor, got put on hold and then disconnected. Too mad to deal with it anymore, I called again the next day, suggested that maybe free delivery to my home might be appropriate, the call centre told me (quite rudely) that it was too late to do that, if i wanted home delivery I should have said so in the first place when I ordered it.

I also put a message on their FB page last night as a last resort, and they responded quite quickly, saying they would be contacting me at the number I had provided in my order. I decided to hold off for a bit. That was this morning, and I haven't heard anything. So looks like I'm going shopping at Costco on Friday, and am more determined to never buy anything at Sears again. No matter what the deal, it's not worth the hassle.

Editing to say, dealing with the call centre, language was a major issue, with two of the three folks I spoke to I had to ask them to repeat themselves regularly (and they had to ask me to do the same thing) because they did not speak sufficient English to be doing their job.
    Last edited by Zonny; Tue, Sep 9th, 2014 at 05:32 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I had read that Sears Parts had moved to a toll-free phone number format (as part of the changes with the store chain).
    Suggest you or a friend with a Facebook account post a brief message about the parts runaround and you want Sears HQ to make you a stat priority in shipping that part to be in your hands by Thursday.
    https://www.facebook.com/SearsCanada

Other option-are you near any of these parts depots or have someone who lives near one and can order the part for you? http://www.sears.ca/wcsstore/Sears/p...N-April-28.pdf
    Durham Couponer and terry2144 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I also called again this morning being passed person toperson with average wait time of 30+ minutes per person. Then the final lady Ispoke too told me that they presently don’t have any blade adapter in Canadathat they have 16 of them on back order. I then ask how long for them toreceive them and she couldn’t answer. Itwould be nice that they would keep their customer in the loop when parts areback ordered!!!! I see that before they were lying to me telling me that they had some in there central wharehouse. I also went to my local depo and same story. I called the local store manager and she said she would escallate the issue but still nothing!!!!!

All I now wants is get my lawnmower replaced with anotherone, repaired or refunded what I paid for it!!! and hopefully some compensation for what it cost me to get my lawn cut!

I posted on there facebook page ans email them to the provided email and received this reply:

Hello #$%^^.

Thank you for sendingin these details, for our team's help with your parts order. Once thenext available case manager is assigned, they'll investigate then follow upwith you to assist.

Regards,

Executive Office | Sears Canada
    Email: [email protected]
    facebook.com/searscanada

Make Every Day A Great Day!

BUT NOW ITS ONE DAY LATER AND STILL NO WORD FROM A CASE MANAGER!!!!!!

terry2144 likes this.
    $450 in amazon.ca gift certificate and counting Thanks! to Swagbucks! click the link below to join!
    Join Swagucks and get cool Prizes!
    My BBQ Blog http://hrmcreativebbq.blogspot.com/

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

My parents have been long time customers of sears. Their appliances are all from there. Also they purchased extended warranties. Twice this year they have spent a month each time waiting for their washer to be fixed. This last time they were waiting on a part. When they finally fixed it that wasn't the problem. My parents are aging and live far from me. They are becoming laid back and take things as they come. Sears would be getting something not so nice from me. Funny I think they were quite a reputable company in their day.
    Ciel and Durham Couponer like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sears needs to restore its call centre service to Canada. I'm sure some CSRs in New Brunswick would like to take those calls and have jobs too.

That is why I'm reluctant to order from a catalogue unless I can use a gift card and order online. Most of the nicer womenswear and bedding are not stocked in stores. Even Mapleview Centre in Burlington does not have much in stock except store brands and small things from licensed lines. It was weird to see that last month-usually store has more stuff than Hamilton stores but no, HQ decisions have filtered down to the burbs.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I find the Bay service worse for this kind of stuff

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

We had a horrible experience too. It went on for maybe 5 months as well. We purchased two portable air conditioners and in less then a year both were having serious issues. When we did eventually get them back they were in worse shape then they were to begin with. It looked like someone had dragged them behind their vehicle for several kilometers nevermind other things and yet the original problems were still never fixed. For our trouble we were offered a $100 Sears GC. These machines were $900 each before taxes. Talk about a slap in the face. I traded the GC to a family member who is of the older generation and will allow to be pushed around like this by "customer service". Once the older generation pass on Sears will see a huge decline in their profits.
    walkonby likes this.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just cancelled my sears card, I had been a card holder since 1988. But stories like this confirmed my decision.
    walkonby likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I just cancelled my sears card, I had been a card holder since 1988. But stories like this confirmed my decision.
    with the latest news about Sears MC ending their union with Chase I am also planning on cancelling mine.

babies teach us acceptance

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had a same experience with sears before. I was planning a lawn mover. The sales lady got upset when I couldnt decided if I want to buy it 'NOW'. Sounds like she was forcing us to buy that lawn mover. Sorry to say that we were really upset. We land up buying at homedepot. No wonder SEARS business is on decline. No one actually care about their customers in SEARS.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the heads up regarding Sears... Never was much of a fan of big box stores to begin with but stories like this put just reconfirm why.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Sears has outsourced so much of their parts and service department. I had ordered a part from someone overseas - they told me the part would arrive in 2 weeks. Nothing came. After a dozen or so calls when I finally reached someone in Canada I was informed the part was discontinued long ago and they had no idea why the overseas person said it was in stock in the first place.

I also had a run around with a dehumidifier that was under warranty. Was told by parts and service that I had to pay a fee to have it looked at and because it was under warranty it would be credited back - never was. I kept getting bounced back and forth from the in-store drop off area and actual service department that I gave up. The item did get fixed free of charge but I never got the diagnosing fee back.

Sears used to have amazing with customer service, especially with household appliances but they let so many good employees go and replaced them with overseas operators that they have lost me as a appliance customer.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Argh, Sears Parts.....total nightmare. I had to order parts for my snowblower back in April, and the parts arrived in September! They said initially it would be a month for the parts to arrive. LIARS. And to top it off, when the parts arrived, they had sent the wrong part for one of them. So I returned it, and a month later the replacement part arrived (again the wrong part), so I returned that. I returned this same wrong part 4x times, even after the Parts department kept admitting it was the wrong part. In the end, I contacted a friend of mine who had connections with another snowblower manufacturer to get the correct part, had it delivered, and installed within 1 week. NO MORE SEARS for parts!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What concerns me with Sears is despite changing CEOs, the new CEO never seems keen to reverse the outsourced call-centre decision or have lots of items from the WishBook stocked in stores. So the stock in stores seems limited to mostly Sears brands unless one finds a bigger store in another city which *might* have slightly more varied stock in-stores.

Then there was the Home service program/windows program and more recently the changes in how parts are ordered (no more counters in stores).

Stockholders have control of the board.

Thread Information