User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Cia
    Female
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    104 (100%)

I apologize for the long post in advance.
    DH and I were at Canadian Tire today, looking for parts for his truck. After we were quoted, I felt it was too high, and wanted to try another automotive parts place.
    We have a store credit at CT, but still wanted to get the best price. So across the city we drove, and found out the other place was much higher, so back to CT we went.
    We picked up the parts, and I also got a rain check for the Royale TP, it is on sale for $4.67.
    As we were driving out of the parking lot, I saw a cart with a set of Logostina pots and pans and a bag. There were no vehicles by the cart, and I thought maybe it was someones garbage. I have seen some nasty garbage in parking lots. Asked DH to stop, the box was sealed and I peeked in the bag and everything was new in packages.
    So I took the cart into the store, the Cashier was so grateful, she said that she remembered the woman who had bought the items, and had noticed her in the lot talking to another woman. She said to me ``not many people would have done what you did``.
    See things happen for a reason, me being cheap and determined to get the best price, the right place at the right time. Could you imagine the poor woman when she got home, to realize that she left her purchases in the parking lot, the pots and pans were on sale of 139.00. I would have flipped out big time.
    A few years ago, in the space of two weeks, I also found 2 purses left in carts in parking lots, 1 at WalMart and 1 at IGA. I was so nervous to walk them back into the store, each time I held them at arms length, not wanting to be accused of theft. Both times my son`s were with me, and laughing when I got back into the car, they thought that it looked so funny. It is was a good lesson for my kids to see that I practice what I preach.
    Just because you find some thing that someone lost, does not make it yours.
    I know I feel better when I do the right thing, as I have to look myself in the mirror everyday.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, IGA, Walmart

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Great brag, and good karma!
    ... I'm earning $5-25 Amazon.ca gift cards EVERY month, are you?

P.S. ... starting to hunt for ShoppingChannel GC's with no minimum purchase ...

Trading Score
    291 (100%)

So nice to see there are still decent caring and honest people out there... wtg such an AMAZING brag
    MY WISHLIST - (click link below please)

http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/javamama1974/

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Good for you! I'm sure the person(s) getting back their belongings are very grateful! Recently I left my wallet at a store 20 mins from home. I was so upset, almost in tears. Thank goodness whoever found it left it (and everything inside of it) left it with the cashier! I also left my wallet a couple years ago on a bathroom counter in a mall. I went back about an hour later when I remember and it was at the service desk in the mall. No one would have ever been caught taking it, because no one would know any different, but it was still returned!
    Last edited by leda; Sun, Sep 25th, 2011 at 08:20 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Good for you! I am sure that lady will really appreciate what you did!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Good for you! ♥
    I hope all of our SC'ers would've done the same thing, I know I would have!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

You did the right thing

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Really nice brag.
    It'll come back to you twofold.
    Nice.
    Really nice.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When I was at the airport in Toronto, someone left their duty free booze, cigars, and sunglasses on the ground. I tried to find him with no luck. When my ride arrived I ran it over to security. My Father in law believes security would have kept it as my father in law use to do that back in the old days. Security didn't seem to happy that I found it. As well, the person that left his stuff, where would he have known to go and ask for his missing stuff? the airport is so big

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Good for you, it's the right thing to do. Shame that there are others who abuse our basic goodness.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Good for you. I was once the person who left her purse in the cart, drove to the next store to realize what I'd done. I went to Customer service and no one had turned it in. So i went home to cancel my cards etc, when the phone rang...some lady who lived 10 min away called and said she had my purse...whew!! what a huge relief...I know how she will feel because I felt the same way....you are an angel!!
    My favorite F word....FREEEEEEE!!
    Wanna start earning free money? fast and easy
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Weasy71

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good on you! some people would have kept it for themselves. good karma to you! Great brag!

Trading Score
    726 (100%)

Good for you! That's so nice to hear!

I remember getting preoccupied with my 2 kids a few weeks ago and leaving 4 cases of Pepsi in the bottom of my cart and returning it to the stall (right beside my van). I totally didn't even realize until I got home and started unpacking (a 30 minute drive), I was so annoyed and upset at myself over 4 pop! I couldn't imagine how much I would've beat myself up over $139 pots!

What comes around, comes around so kudo's to you for being such a great person!

Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Love brags like this!! You are a good and decent person, I hope that if I ever loose anything of any value... someone like you finds it!!
    $5.00 OFF I've been using Flashfood to get huge savings on groceries. I thought you’d want to try it out. Use my invite code for a freebie: https://flashfood.app.link/h49poEm9AP

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You are awesome :D

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information