User Tag List

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree5611Likes

Thread: Thankful for Savings - October 2014 Frugal chatter thread

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

We all love stockings. Picked up a few chapsticks for stockings today.
    Had a great shop at SDM today. DH signed up for the email offers recently and he has had a few great ones. So much so the cashier commented on my shopping. He had a 8000 points for 30.00 on food and I was able to match it to good sales.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hi All,

Busy day here - cleaning and all.
    Had to put 3 loads in the washer as I will be away for 2 days and it needed to be done and the guys and the washing machine, what's that .

Both boys did their extra weekly bedroom chore, we're progressing along nicely. Jaden should be completely done his room in 2 more weekends along with his normal weekly tidy up in his room and his household chores.

Logan did very well too but he is very sentimental and wants to keep everything and that's just not possible, so we are slowly making head way .

I did my bathroom chore for the day which is part of my 7 day Bathroom challenge, today was intense grout cleaning which was a breeze - dare I say it. I used a recipe I found on pinterest and I swear by it ladies. My grout was really really bad I am ashamed to say it BUT it looks amazing, unfortunately I ran out of cream of tartar so I will pick some more up when I am at my parents house for a few days.

I vacuumed both boys rooms (got every nuke and cranny) and then steam mopped the both. Will need to steam mop Logan's floor again as I removed his carpet and there were a few stains under it and they are being pretty stubborn so time will tell.

Here is the recipe and it really works.

1/4 cup of white vinegar (put in microwave for 30 seconds)
    2 tsp of cream of tartar (spice purchased at bulk barn)
    a toothbruth
    *** mix ingredients together in small bowl and apply with toothbrush a little and I mean a little scrubbing and presto it's white

So I will be heading to my folks house tomorrow and will be heading back home sometime Tuesday as dh wants me to go with him to his doctors appointment on Wednesday am which is fine. Besides 2 sleeps at my parents house is all I could take (you know what I mean) . I love them and all but after 2 days I'm ready to come home and I have to sleep in a murphy bed which is not the most comfortable to be honest.

As I am going to be away for 2 days, I need to get my daily "bathroom chores" done x 2, this way when I get back I will be done BUT will have to finish the grout which I am now LOOKING FORWARD TO as it was a real breeze and I highly recommend the cleaner...can't say it enough it worked miracles

Wishing everyone a wonderful evening.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

You had a busy day!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No microwave but I'm willing to try the grout cleaning recipe (though I cannot stand vinegar) because I'd like to see the grout look better. Will see if there is a time when it's Mom and I indoors before I attempt round #1.

SassyAshley-before you get back to manager about handing off accounts, how about making it clear (in writing) that whoever handles any account is responsible for a 1 page summary of what's going on in that account currently if that person drops account/leaves or hands it back via manager to you. No summary-sorry, that person remains responsible for the account and might see the plank/get the talk otherwise. A book I read said how women are often not given line jobs, the ones where sales, bottom line results and accountability rule-the women usually get the staff jobs. In fairness to yourself, you have to delegate and to make expectations clear in writing and in word to others. If there is a common issue that you find out about whenever accounts "return to you", it has to be made known at meeting about its impact ($ talk/possible ripple effect on company jobs or services if account rep churn continues). If you have to spend a few days to catch up on accounts (because sales means money will keep coming in), then some of the admin. functions/back office/database roles will need back up employees in your corner. Us SCers want you to keep some balance and to keep your health-got to put some boundaries on the work stressors.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

First ever attempt alone. ...alittle lumpy but yum

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post

First ever attempt alone. ...alittle lumpy but yum
    They look amazing. Now where' the brick of butter...yummers. I would say you did terrific

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ciel is so recommend that grout recipe, I am converted no more chemical or store bought stuff. I would say because you can't stand the smell do it perhaps on a day where you can open the windows and even better is you can get crossed breeze. The smell didn't bother me BUT yet again I was so amazed with the quick results that I probably didn't even notice. Me I can't stand the smell of bleach it gives me a headache everytime (shrug). Good luck and let me know if you try it and what you think....I am still pulling the shower curtain back everytime I go into the washroom as I can't believe the results.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning. No sleeping in for me. Guess my body said it's wake up time. Ds has a hockey game this afternoon but at our arena so no travelling today which is nice. Going to tidy up, finish laundry And post some things for sale before we go. Have a great day everyone.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Ciel the biggest issue we have at my work is some employees are listened to more than others. We have two groups the ones that are always too busy and cannot get it done and the ones who just do it because it is assigned to us and we will make it work some way some how. It seems like lately my boss is starting to see what he does, might have had something to do with my why am I always being punished comment earlier this year. He seemed shocked by what I said but once I explained myself and had a minor moment in front of him he seems to get it more. I always seem to be handed the accounts or areas that are a mess, in more than one area of our business I have taken things that used to take days to complete and I know have the process and producers in place that it now only takes maybe 15 minutes. Issue being as soon as I get all the processes and procedures on place that job gets handed off to someone else and a new mess is handed to me to sort out. So I took the approach of why am I being punished every time I sort or figure something out and start to enjoy the job vs being overwhelmed with how will I handle this, you take this nice neat package from me and hand it someone else and give me something else to fix. Don't get me wrong I love the challenge (yes I am weird that way) but when I sit there and tell him what aspects of my job I enjoy and than everyone of those is handed to someone else I take it personally. Not to mention as I said something gets taken from me and either it gets messed up or the person gets overwhelmed and I get it given back to me, which only frustrates me more, because again there I am cleaning up a mess. But right now there is no point in saying much as they are going to re examining job again once things slow down and everything I have taken back is supposed to be taken again which I may have to push for as once this price increase goes through I have to start training on invoicing again as our invoice girl needs surgery and will be off for a week so I will need to do invoicing which I have not done in 2 years.

On another note, why is it during the week when I need to be up at 5 (or 5:30 as I have been letting myself sleep in) am I having so many issues getting up but on the weekend 5:45 and I am wide awake. With that being said Laundry is going round, next I need to tackle the kitchen and than who knows, I know mom was creating a list yesterday of everything I need to get done as it was pointed out to me Sunday is the only day this week I will be home and a lot needs to get done. I think my slacking off all week as instead of cleaning I have been doing paperwork at home for this increase has been noticed. Maybe just maybe it will be seen how much I get done in a week.

Sorry this has been a very ranting post which I am trying to get away from. I have noticed over the past few years I have been finding it harder and harder to see the good and only see the negative so I have been working really hard lately on re finding the old me who did not feel like the world was crashing down on her.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hi, everyone!

You are all such a bunch of busy bees!

Didn't get much work done yesterday around here, hoping I'm up to doing more today.

(J&C - your siggy pic is way too big!)

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Nice to see the sun shining again, seems like it's been ages. I think I might have to dig out Lily dog's coat, she was actually cold this morning. It's not like her to want to hurry back inside before making an attempt to spy on the neighbours. Brats are fighting over the sunny spot, no doubt to keep warm (I made the mistake of opening the window to let in some fresh air & got cold air instead).

I didn't get out to St James, so Quincy cat is an unholy mess this morning. It had cleared up, but just didn't feel like standing around in wet grass with the brat.

Still a bit tired from Friday night (think I'll stick to rum next time, it doesn't make me as sleepy as wine does ). Still have a few beets left to cook up - I made an attempt at beet chips (thinly sliced raw beets deep fried) but wasn't impressed, so will go back to roasting and pickling them. My friend also brought over a ton of carrots, so will have to figure out what to make with them (maybe carrot chips are in my future? ). Debating whether I should be domestic today or go out & have a bit of fun. Maybe I'll just torment the cat by making him try on old Halloween costumes.

Better go make breakfast for myself (brats are already fed, but no doubt they'll be up for a second seating ).

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Natalka, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    Andit.. your dog can high five. you've trained it well.
    Not just the dog, the cat as well:

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

As for the dog, she does do useful things, although when the camera comes out, she likes to do everything with too much drama:

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning everyone! Woke up cleaned my room a bit and made some quinoa oat granola bars for the week. They smell quite delicious!
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Kitchen is clean! And 2 shelves cleaned too. Will get back at kitchen after hockey. Laundry so rolling too lol. Had a pick up for $5 so more $ in the jar and another item out of the house. Put a powerade in freezer and will take to arena for ds for after game for a treat. ( this one lady buys her kid one after every game and practice from vending machine for $2.50. Not only is it crap - my kid gets one now the but what a waste of money when you can buy 6pk on sale for $3.99.). I would buy the case for a bit cheaper but he doesn't like all the kinds so it would be a waste.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information