User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: why do some people(not all-a small amount) on here want gold for coupons

[vbp_tr_most_helpful_all]
    Trading Score
    492 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redhdlois View Post
    .....this thread might be best suited for the 'rant' section....just sayin'
    I moved it from Rants forum, as ranting about other members is not allowed in that section. http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/285245-...e-read-canada/

You can discuss about it here
    coupon girl, ticul, Tbites and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sdddmd View Post
    Anyone want FREE (no trade required): 2 X FPC Alokozay Tea (printed in colour with unique id's) Expire Oct 11 Though.....

Please be sure it is available in your city/ province though
    apparently only available in Alberta, Ontario, BC, Manitoba, Sask, NS & Quebec

EDIT: Someone just claimed these
    I had 2 of the mailed coupons I signed up for dh as he likes tea and I don't. (one here and one to my moms.) I was so disappointed it wasn't available in nb. I ended up putting them in my coupon train and I am hoping whoever gets them is able to use them for the pack with the tea cup people were talking about.
    SnowFlakey, sdddmd, ticul and 1 others like this.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I think I may take some time and do up a trade list. I think I would be easy to trade with lol. Don't actually look at the values when trading I will gladly trade a higher coupon for a lower coupon. They have no value to me if I can't use them. But they being said I don't have many free product coupons they usually get used up right away, and being a single income family I don't have extra money to buy gift cards so looking to just trade coupon for coupon.

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

wow, some of u have had some sucky (for lack of a better word - "bad" seems a bit harsh) experiences. I guess i should be happy that with the 550+ trades/trains I've done, I've come across the opposite - very generous traders. Don't get me wrong, I've been scammed before.. twice to be exact... but that didn't stop me from trading.
    I usually follow the "trade value" thread and when I pm someone with coupons from their wishlist, and they say no, I sometimes inquire as to what exactly they are looking for in return. If I can't meet their expectations, I just say "thank you" and move on. I don't judge them or consider them greedy, only because we never know other ppl's financial situations.
    A bit of advice for ppl who are intimidated by other trader's wishlists... I personally never judge a trader by their wishlist... even if I only have 2 or 3 coupons from their wishlist, and I am looking for more than that from their tradelist, I still pm them.... 99.98% have always completed a trade and in fact, most of them value the coupons for less than what I assumed them to be.
    So send them a pm and you might just be surprised (knock on wood, lol).

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I have been trading more lately but I agree that some people in this forum look for too much. Having said that, I can consistently trade with a like-minded group of individuals to improve all our lives. I coupon for my family and for my at risk students. As others have said, I am choosey with who I trade because time and postage are at a premium but I still love to trade here.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

my worst experiences here are nowhere near as bad as when I tried facebook trade groups. that being said I do walk away from trades that are more than I am willing/able to give. I have been a stay at home mom for 5 and a half years and couponing is my way to contribute financially so I don't have to pay strangers to watch my kids. (nothing against people who work and have to put their kids in daycare I just have huge trust issues. especially when it comes to my kids.) to me buying stamps or a gift card is on an as needed basis so while everyone values the stamps at the bulk value it costs me 1$+tax for every single stamp and when people try to up the gift card value or have me add in stamps I usually have to walk away because as much as I could use the coupons that trade would mean my kids don't get a loaf of bread or some milk that week. (people might not understand that but 50$ in coupons/savings for later doesn't stop the 5$ we need now for groceries and my trading budget is limited to our current financial situation not what it was or will be later.)

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    I had 2 of the mailed coupons I signed up for dh as he likes tea and I don't. (one here and one to my moms.) I was so disappointed it wasn't available in nb. I ended up putting them in my coupon train and I am hoping whoever gets them is able to use them for the pack with the tea cup people were talking about.
    The tea FPC`s are the ones i took from the train.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    The tea FPC`s are the ones i took from the train.
    were you able to get the bonus tea cup packs?
    SnowFlakey and sdddmd like this.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by francine1985 View Post
    were you able to get the bonus tea cup packs?
    Ive looked in allthe stores in my area and couldnt find the tea. So i emailed them to find out where is the nearest store that carries this tea. Nearest store is Bulk Barn a few towns over, like 1 hour away, close to where my daughter lives. So since i will be at daughter`s house on Saturday, i will see about getting the tea then.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    87 (97%)

People on this site can be hard to trade with partly because some are very picky about what coupon they want.If it does not have certain barcode sometimes they don't want it.
    francine1985 likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    this thread was moved here by a mod -I started this thread in the rant section maybe because it generating a lot of discussion
    Because the rules state you can't rant about trading etc or SCers
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I don't understand why people get upset by people wanting to trade for things they can use for their family. You are trying to get those "bits of paper" same as money is "bits of paper" for nothing or next to nothing. I've never been a $ for $ trader, I rarely trade fair.. I mostly give higher value.. I have physical limitations that affect my ability to sit or stand/walk. I put alot of effort into finding inserts and other coupns.. I order online, trade, etc.... When I trade I like to get somethign my family can use , if you don't have anything, its ok.. but why whine because I put in more effort than you do and don't use the coupons you have. Just move on to the next person if you don't have anything I use or don't want to send a gc or stamps.

Someone complains about not having coupons but uses a fpc as soon as they get it instead of trading it for a better return on their time and money. You save more if you aren't into instant gratification. I recently traded 50 Hawaiian punch coupons for 4 OB fpcs.. ...... 25 Balance Bar FPcs for a booklet of stamps.

When I see someone wanting things I don't have, I don't think .. well darn it all they are greedy... I think darn it all, why can't I find these great coupons they need.

To me the "greedy or selfish" people are the ones who expect others to put in all the effort without getting something back to help them or their families..

Bottom line is.. if you go to a store and don't like the price.. you look elsewhere.... same with the coupons.. I have about 10 regular traders.. every once in a while.. we send each other an envelope of something we think they can use.. no expectations.. sooner or later.. a surprise shows up.. its awesome.. I like helping people.. I don't like enabling those who cant be bothered to help themselves...

Personally I don't like trading for stamps or gc.. If I trade $50 in coupn value for a book of stamps I'm gettign roughly a $9 value when I'd rather have a 49$ value I can use for my family.. I do it because not everyone gets something I can use..this however gives them a chance to get in on a great deal and I at least get something I can use. My mood is wonky today.. maybe because I spent 10 hours this wknd searching for inserts and the pain meds aren't strong enough to handle it..... seriously though.. just click the x and move on to the next trader if you don't like whats being offered.
    Silk, BOO111, angel_2011 and 2 others like this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Im on all sides of this debate I take the time to make sure I have something to offer and put in a request for a trade If you agree grat if not counter offer im always hopeful and eager to work it out.
    I have also in the past been offered a trade which seemed not right for my family at first so I declined but then after thinking about it and realizing that I was still coming out with some savings that it would be worth it so contacted the trader again and asked if they were still willing to make the same trade.
    I took a little time to decide what was best for me and my family and in the end was satisfied with the trade.
    I have walked away from many trades in the past with no hard feelings ok maybe a little resentment but afterwords I realize it wasn't a trade beneficial to their family
    What does bother me is people taking full tearpads only for trade if you don't want them leave them for someone that does. I take what I can use plus a few extra I always check the expiry and take what my family needs in respect to the expiry. I see no reason to empty a tearpad hanger when there is no possible way of using them. I hate to have coupons on hand expire.
    Last edited by Anna Michele; Sun, Oct 5th, 2014 at 06:08 PM.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I apologize for using the phrase "greedy buggers" earlier; it was inappropriate. I had someone specific in mind.
    I had a baby formula coupon on my TL with "*free with trade" beside it because I was intending it as a freebie to a Mom who really needed it. A lady contacted me for a trade, said she needed the coupon for a friend so I just gave it as an extra. She's now posted her TL and has several of that same coupon up for trade. She also requested $23 in coupons which I've since come to learn people are regarding as HV. Being a seasoned smartcanuck with nearly 500 trades, she would have of course known they were considered HV. Ah well, live and learn I guess.
    I in no way intended to imply that people who were trying to do the best for themselves with couponing were greedy. Conning a newbie, however, is a different story.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

You mean people actually ask for a full booklet of stamps for their trades??????????????

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information