User Tag List

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I bought a fairly large box from Costco because I have heard nothing but good things about the Popper's brand and I love mozza sticks. However, when I cooked these sticks the cheese remained cool and the breading was greasy to the point of being soggy. I cooked them exactly as the box instructed me to.

I used the Popper's contact us form on their website on Aug 9th. Heard nothing so today I called the number on the same website. Called at 8am, got the machine telling me to call back at 8:30am! Called and got a very friendly guy went through the whole thing and then he finds out I'm from Canada. Whoops wrong number!

He directs me to Heinz Canada who I call and get another answering machine only this one doesn't tell me what time they open! I keep calling. Apparently 3rd times a charm a girl picked up!! Went through the whole thing again, I kept the UPC code and the production batch written down as that was what was requested on the contact form. I can't remember the size of the box though it was large as I bought it from Costco! (Just looked in my shopping list app on my phone was the 1.47kg box bought for 15.99) She asks me for the expiry date which I cannot believe I didn't write down but I know they weren't expired (I have a complex about checking dates before I buy) So she says without the full information she can't do much. They're sending me coupons through the mail.

I called her back with the box size and purchase price. She said they can't replace full value but she stated 10$ in coupons (didn't say if they were FPC or $ off) will be mailed out and should be recieved in a week or so.

I'm not sure if I will even want to buy Popper's again. But coupons can't hurt!
    This thread is currently associated with: Costco

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i dunno glad you got coups... i find that with my oven combined with living in a dry environment that everything needs to be cooked loner then the box.... so box is a guidline like if i cooked the fish n chips combo box i need to start the frize like for 10 minutes longer then the fish

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I've bought mozza sticks from M&M Meats. I always put a few extra in the oven, for testing purposes - take a bite out, if it's still cold, keep cooking! It's easy to overcook them too.

shaykeija
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I would have just brought them back to costco.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I love Mozza Sticks but rarly buy boxed ones. Thanks for this info I will keep it in mind, the next time I feel like having some

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I bought a smaller box of them from Sobeys, but I didn't notice that I picked up the chedder...the grossest food that I have tasted in a long time. My husband who loves greasy food wouldn't even eat them. Turned my stomach from mozza sticks.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you do get coupons from the company, not sure you would be able to use them at Coscto though....I agree with another poster that M&M ones are the BEST!! I always follow directions on the bag and they turn out PERFECT every time.
    Loraoz, you say you don't purchase boxed ones, do you make your own? If so what is the recipe? I'd love to try my own!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maizy View Post
    Loraoz, you say you don't purchase boxed ones, do you make your own? If so what is the recipe? I'd love to try my own!
    My mozza stick addiction is bad. I find it better to only have them occasionaly when we go out as a treat

However, I saw a recipe for Baked Zucchini Sticks in Kraft and tried it using cheese instead of Zucchini the other day and they were decent.
    But on another note I really liked the Baked Zucchini Sticks

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LoRaOz View Post
    My mozza stick addiction is bad. I find it better to only have them occasionaly when we go out as a treat

However, I saw a recipe for Baked Zucchini Sticks in Kraft and tried it using cheese instead of Zucchini the other day and they were decent.
    But on another note I really liked the Baked Zucchini Sticks
    It kills me to pay $8 for 4 cheesesticks when out in a restaurant so the M&M ones work the best for us at home and we can be gluttons in privacy

If I could get the boys in my house to try zucchini I'd try the recipe, but it probably won't go over good

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

My poppers from costco always turn out
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maizy View Post

If I could get the boys in my house to try zucchini I'd try the recipe, but it probably won't go over good
    I told my step-dad it was cucumber
    And he ate it

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LoRaOz View Post
    I told my step-dad it was cucumber
    And he ate it
    Bawwhaaahhhaaaa! Good one, I may try that on these 2.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Update. Received 10 1$ any Heinz product. At the bottom it reads

Please Note: More than one coupon may be presented at one time towards the purchase of any items specified.

Does this mean I can use another coupon to discount something then take 1$ off or I can stack 2 of these to get 2$ off? Has anyone else received any coupons like this? Further to this question would be I am in Ontario. Whether or not the coupon is stackable and states such can I still use them in that fashion??

Example 1. Ketchup is on sale for 3$ I have a ketchup coupon for .50c and I use the 1$ Heinz voucher I get ketchup for $1.50.

Example 2. Ketchup is on sale for 3$ I use 3 of these 1$ vouchers and ketchup is free.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Sounds stackable but having a clerk let that by may be a whole other story.

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pistal5 View Post
    Update. Received 10 1$ any Heinz product. At the bottom it reads

Please Note: More than one coupon may be presented at one time towards the purchase of any items specified.

Does this mean I can use another coupon to discount something then take 1$ off or I can stack 2 of these to get 2$ off? Has anyone else received any coupons like this? Further to this question would be I am in Ontario. Whether or not the coupon is stackable and states such can I still use them in that fashion??

Example 1. Ketchup is on sale for 3$ I have a ketchup coupon for .50c and I use the 1$ Heinz voucher I get ketchup for $1.50.

Example 2. Ketchup is on sale for 3$ I use 3 of these 1$ vouchers and ketchup is free.
    One time, my mom called in on our milk (made locally) and the milk was $3.99, so they gave us 4x $1 vouchers!! It said that we could use more than one on each product, so we did! I know, know, we could've saved them and got 4x individual milks for cheap, but we couldn't resist lol!
    Just make sure you tell the cashier when she starts ringing you up.

Thread Information