• 1 Post By Ciel
  • 3 Post By trishka
  • 1 Post By Horndogg
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 2 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By Ciel
  • 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 1 Post By misstarbender

Thread: Zellers lives on in three store locations!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This week, I noticed an SCer exclaiming about Zellers, saying the store chain had closed, in response to another SCer's post about something (Zellers buy or item).

Rita Zekas of the Toronto Star was in one store location recently and if you have a HBC Rewards card, it can be used to get points at the store!
    http://www.thestar.com/life/fashion_...app=noRedirect

Zellers was phased out when Target took over 220 leases in January 2011, with the parent company HBC (Hudson’s Bay Company) keeping three locations in Canada open, one at the Kipling Queensway Mall.
    At the entrance: a chart explaining the coloured stickers on the price-tags, ranging from pink to brown, denoting 20 to 60 per cent off already-reduced prices on fashion apparel, home products and a smattering of kids’ goods.

It is clearly the elephant burial ground for Lord & Taylor cashmere sweaters. Love the polka-dot cardie at $99.50 from $199.

The labels are more Hudson’s Bay than Holt Renfrew: Calvin Klein, Jones New York, Chaps, DKNY, Rachel Roy, Tommy Hilfiger, Denim & Supply, Bench and tons of Madonna’s Material Girl. Good thing Madonna has another gig.
    So might it be worth the commute to the location to scope cold-weather clothing deals?
    This thread is currently associated with: Holt Renfrew, Target, The Bay, Zellers
    Shwa Girl likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This place takes a lot of patience and time. While its pretty well organized, it has a lot of stuff to sort through. But some major deals can be found. 95% of the stuff is from the Bay.
    Ciel and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The Bay can be a good source of clothing when marked down. I'd like to venture out there but am not certain brother would want a long visit. Perhaps if the trip could be combined with a stop at Dixie Outlet mall when going by car, then I'd have a flying visit.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dixie Mall has become less outlet and more just mall (in fact, they're working on re-branding). Although the Sears outlet can have some good deals. Again, lots of patience required. No returns at Sears and I believe also at the Zellers outlet.

Btw, the Zellers outlet has a wide selection of furniture too, not just clothing and shoes.

Trading Score
    5 (86%)

Ciel likes this.
    Coin Out:
    https://coinout.com/referrals/new?r=MZC6CYR

Still paying with PayPal
    http://superpay.me/members/withdraw/list.php?ref=Truckerswife2

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks for the article link!-Store 3 is in BC!
    Horndogg likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I went to the Etobicoke one on the weekend. There is a lot of old Bay stuff from a few seasons ago. Mostly mid priced stuff but I did find a damaged Pink Tartan cardigan (too damaged for me). Everything is about half price and then an extra 20-50% off depending on how old/damaged it is. It's laid out like a Winners.

The fitting room situation was out of control though. Almost the whole store is clothes (just some furniture) but they only have 6 rooms for fitting. God forbid you have more than 6 items too. They won't hold the extra items for you.

Ended up getting a blazer but when I got home I noticed it was damaged. Check carefully if you do buy something
    Ciel and seylz_gurl like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks, torontogal12, for the current store visit update. I think I can tolerate mending as long as the size fits. Not sure I'd wait for a change room if there are not enough during high demand periods.

At least it sounds like the store might have finds. I had been disappointed at the HBC outlet store in Halton Hills because most sizes were single digits for fashion with hit and miss larger sizes in outerwear.
    torontogal12 likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I didn't have a look at outerwear, just career wear, winter tops and winter accessories. There was a variety of sizes for sure from what I saw. Maybe a bit less L than you'd usually see

Be aware of the mending before you buy. I just remembered about the Pink Tartan dress I found. It was obviously missing a button which isn't the end of the world. But when I tried it on there was a HUGE rip going down the front that was unrepairable and that I wouldn't have seem if I didn't try it on and see my flesh peeking out. It is worth waiting for the fitting room just to find out these problems you may not see by holding it up.

Wear a camisole there if you can so you can try on stuff over it and not have to use the fitting room, just the outside mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Thanks, torontogal12, for the current store visit update. I think I can tolerate mending as long as the size fits. Not sure I'd wait for a change room if there are not enough during high demand periods.

At least it sounds like the store might have finds. I had been disappointed at the HBC outlet store in Halton Hills because most sizes were single digits for fashion with hit and miss larger sizes in outerwear.
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Thanks for the article link!-Store 3 is in BC!

where?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did not know where in BC. This article mentions Vancouver but later on, it says Surrey BC. If you click on the link about the mattress fire, would you know which mall it's in?
    http://o.canada.com/business/zellers...-reincarnation

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

wow I missed out...it was in Surrey but closed on Sept 24th....it was just a HBC outlet store
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I know that a Home Outfitters outlet store in BC is due to close by January (Abbotsford?).

Sad to learn the BC store in Surrey is gone before you had a chance to check it out.

Thread Information