User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: Not cool: SC bashing at ***

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Mens' shopping: I researched all year and bought a car/sound system/TV/gaming system. Yep, I bought 4 things and it was hard work.

Women's shopping: I research every week and make a plan to save thousands of dollars on the thousands of items my household needs every year. It allowed us to save the downpayment on the car, and my SDM points got DH the sound system/TV/gaming system he wanted

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by annedougherty View Post
    Meh...there are ignorant people everywhere lol. Let them stay that way
    How does that old saying go?
    If you weren't doing something well, they would not take note of you
    or something like that

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

On the contrary, I actually find it very fulfilling not to have to pay $3 for one tube of toothpaste or $8 for laundry detergent, etc. Yes my life is so sad that I only have to spend about 5% of our monthly income to buy groceries for a family of 6, including 2 in diapers. Tsk tsk my bank account is so sad.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    Just consider it free traffic and advertising $$ for SC, who knows maybe new members because people will want to learn how to how to have "unfulfilling lives".
    I think that they are already taking a look --> on Monday when the Quebec flyers are posted and on Tuesday when the Ontario flyers are posted
    oscarandme likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

People on this site are mainly interested in saving money on groceries. People from that site are mainly looking at deals on electronics. If you read the comments, it seems like a lot are buying things because it is a good price, not because they need it. Different priorities but no reason to be judgmental like this guy is being. Don't take it personally.

I'd much rather save $ in my unfulfilling life so I can take a vacation or spend time with my family. Much better than the glow of the latest stereo/laptop
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Can someone plz msg me the link of that gashing post. I am getting super curious to read those comments. Getting very impatient now!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

@amira the link will not work in PM either.

I found the post.

This is someone else's reply to that one

"You spend a great deal of time on a forum whose purpose is to find "deals" on consumer products.

hy·poc·ri·sy
    həˈpäkrəsē/
    noun
    the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behaviour does not conform; pretence."
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sun, Oct 5th, 2014 at 09:28 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Ohhh i seee. Well i dont have anything to say about those comments.....Nothing!

I really like to save money on groceries, and the joy of saving money here and there is very rewarding for me. Period.

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

I wonder what Mrs. *** feels about all the electronic savings, if there is a Mrs. ?

Electronics don't feed the children, pets, family, help neighbours, charities and be there in bad times, when money it tight and unemployment or health reasons through a road-block in your present unexpectedly. No need to bash to try to make your point. There are different sites for different interests, narrow minded people make such comments. Sometmes some people should not have the right to own a keyboard. When I describe SC -I always say it is like a family holding your hand to teach you how to save and their facial expression just changes almost like the Grinch when his heart grows. Not to say they start off like Grinches but they realise the harmonious atmosphere that it must be like. Right after, they pull out their phone or look for a piece of paper and ask me to spell it out.

Thank you for sharing about this post, like another member mentioned I forget which member sorry, more traffic on SC and they will find out on their own which opinion might make more sense to them.
    Last edited by oscarandme; Mon, Oct 6th, 2014 at 06:23 AM.
    scbpooh, Natalka, ROMEO and 6 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

never got to read the post -but who cares
    -this site smart canucks has helped me save on every day items(toilet paper , toothpaste deodorant,*ood ) I cringe when i see a person in *ront o* me pays 8.00 to 9.00 *or toilet paper -I just want to shout it to the roo* tops use coupon or price match
    -I have couponed since my early 20's -about 30 some odd years now(it helped us thru rough patches)
    and joining smart canucks *ive years ago helped me take my savings to another level-plus I met a wonderull bunch o* people on -line and in person( only met *ew in person but lovely people)
    and my bank account that grows because o* couponing helps me get other things -like much needed vacation this summer

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Some people (my husband for one) don't really see the savings in a buck here or there.. I've gotten some great deals and I'm always impressed by what we can save. This past Friday was the first time I saw him get it. We pm'd a product x6 he uses a lot at Walmart. Instantly the price dropped by 90$.. then I used $29 in coupons on the product and some overage from another product. Instead of just grinning and bearing it.. the way he usually does.. he says.. "do you want to go home and rest a bit and then go to another Walmart..

I don't know if thats generally a male thing or a some people thing..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Savings mean different things to different people. Nobody's wrong for wanting to save money on groceries or electronics or both. And nobody needs to be bashing anyone for how they choose to spend(or save) their money.

I <3 SmartCanucks. Momof3girlies's Avatar
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Love ya, my SC'rs ! :D
    Last edited by Momof3girlies; Thu, Oct 9th, 2014 at 06:49 PM.

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

we are having an extra tight budget this week. our grocery budget was 60$ when its usually 100$ a week and we needed wipes (huggies was cheaper than pampers) on top of that. we went out on Saturday to several different stores and somehow managed to get enough groceries to last the week. we even managed to eat at mcdonalds (free small fry and free sandwich with monopoly pieces we were given) I was intending to do a brag but never found the time.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    Instead of just grinning and bearing it.. the way he usually does.. he says.. "do you want to go home and rest a bit and then go to another Walmart..
    His response was priceless!
    He's got the fever!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information