User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By amira84
  • 1 Post By jamesfranco
  • 1 Post By Decaf
  • 2 Post By Arvilish

Thread: New Coupon Policy at your store too?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Went to SDM today. Not my usual one but it's where my post office pick up location is. Saw Tuna on for $1.00 even the flavoured ones. (only 7 left). Tried to use coupons for those and other ones and they said new policy, no coupons on clearance items. Is this true in other stores? I have never heard this before. Manager said not allowed to give out free stuff but Personalized coupons = free stuff. They get the money back either way…no matter how much the item sells for. For sure won't shop there again.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I hope my good sdm never hears about this awful policy.
    walkonby likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shopperwho View Post
    Went to SDM today. Not my usual one but it's where my post office pick up location is. Saw Tuna on for $1.00 even the flavoured ones. (only 7 left). Tried to use coupons for those and other ones and they said new policy, no coupons on clearance items. Is this true in other stores? I have never heard this before. Manager said not allowed to give out free stuff but Personalized coupons = free stuff. They get the money back either way…no matter how much the item sells for. For sure won't shop there again.
    I wonder how he deals with FPCs? This might be worth contacting SDM on Facebook over
    shopperwho likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

you should ask shoppers if there has been a change to their coupon policy and clarification on the coupon rules. Include the store number, address, date, time, and name of cashier/manager if possible.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Some store manager / supervisor / Scrooge won't let you use the coupon bc it's almost free / free with coupon. I encountered the same problem when I tried to use my personalized coupon + manufacturer coupon and they won't sell it to me bc it's almost free (I just have to pay tax). I avoid that SDM now. It's not free and they are not losing money (gets $ back from manufacturer) but they said they are losing $ on the personalized coupon portion. WTF! It's their corporate coupon from H.O., they must getting $ back too.
    Last edited by Decaf; Fri, Oct 17th, 2014 at 12:46 AM.
    shopperwho likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

That does not even make any sense; I wonder if manager was envious of something! I have had some cashier who get so pich off when I get free items using coupons as if I was taking away their money or something! Once a cashier said 'you should not be getting this free because it costs money to product these'...meh I think its some peoples' tendency to not see others' enjoying savings and they just want others to burn or something.

How does this manager decides whats clearance? sale?

I say, COMPLAINT!
    shopperwho and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

It's hit or miss at my SDM, some cashiers use the coupons on clearance and some don't..if its a great deal $1.00 or $2.00 I buy it, it might not be there when I go back...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh goodness. I hope my shoppers doesn't start this. My store is already not, what many would consider, coupon friendly.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

How would SDM store owners react if enough shoppers insisted on seeing the posted store policies? Like the Ministry of Consumer Affairs likes to remind around holiday times, know the store purchase/return policy before you buy. However, so many of these policies that are reported on SC seem to be verbal ones. There has to be a cure for this "policyitis" going round.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Thread Information