User Tag List

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By coupontime
  • 1 Post By CouponingQueen
  • 1 Post By scbpooh
  • 1 Post By coupontime
  • 2 Post By coupontime

Thread: Halloween's Coming... Trick or Treat for the Newbies! Trivia for the Pros!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Expired on: Sat, Oct 25th, 2014
    So, no tricks, just some treats. If you have not received an RAOK envie from me before, here's your chance. Random coupons; mostly tearpads. If interested and have a trade rating of 20 or under, you qualify. Post in thread and PM your address.

Right now, I have 5 envies available, first come first serve, just like to continue the Thanksgiving spirits. I will update this post if there are more available, but feel free to join the trivia.

RAOK Envie:
    1. terry2144
    2. nursegirl

And now the pros:

How can I forget them? I benefit so much from them. For those who got an RAOK envie from me before, feel free to join. I had a lot of fun with the trivia last time, although not too many people answered. The key is to interact, not so much to see who's smarter. Of course, try not to use the search engine.

So here's how the trivia works, each correct answer is worth 3 points unless otherwise stated. An incorrect answer that's within 10% of the correct answer's range will give you 2, all other answers will give you 1. For example, if the answer to the question is 80, 80 will give you the 3 points. However, if your answer is under or over by 10% of 80 = 8, an answer between 72 to 88 will give you 2 points. All other answers will be 1 point. Question unanswered is 0.

One submission per account, no changes can be made once submitted. First prize will be a $1.80 postage envie filled with coupons; second and third prize winners will each receive a $1.20 postage envie filled with coupons, and 2 honorary prizes will be drawn randomly from those who participated.

Cutoff for trivia is Monday, Oct 20 10:00pm EST. Winners will be announced by Wednesday, Oct 22 at the latest. Winners must come forward to claim prizes by PM'ing me with their address no later than Friday at noon.

Trivia (Total 34 Points if all Correct)

Multi-Point questions:
    1) What's the biggest deal made in Oct 17's episode of Shark Tank? (looking for the % stake and the $ of investment, each answer is worth a maximum of 3 totalling to 6)
    2) Where is the pit stop for Oct 17's episode of Amazing Race and who got eliminated? (Naming the correct team will give you 1 point, incorrect answer gives you 0; the correct name of the pit stop will give you 3 points, the country of the pit stop gives you 2, any other part of the world will give you 1)

The regular questions:
    3) How much change do I get back from the vendor if I paid with a $50 bill and bought 3 sets of 649 numbers and 2 sets of Lotto Max numbers?
    4) How much did the iPad mini 2 price drop when the iPad mini 3 was released Oct 17 in the US?
    5) What's the difference between an iPad mini 2 and an iPad mini 3? (looking for that 1 difference, only a 1 point question)
    6) When's the cutoff date that guarantees your Christmas card will be received on time by the recipient if you are sending it to Australia & New Zealand? (correct date is worth 3 points, within a week is worth 2 points, all other answers is worth 1)
    7) Which marathon takes place this Sunday, Oct 19? (only a 1 point question)
    8) Which province does not have to adjust their clocks for daylight savings? (another 1 point question)

The over and beyond questions:
    9) An elm tree is being cut down between my neighbour's and my backyard. House has been about 20+ years old; the tree is way more. The tree had to be cut down because it's now dead due to disease not because of the ice storm. Any idea how much this cost (do not include taxes on this one)?
    10) How many Aeroplan miles do you need for a round-trip economy class ticket from Canada to Hawaii?
    11) Of course, pumpkin deserves some credit at times of Thanksgiving and Halloween. How much did the heaviest pumpkin weigh this year at Half Moon Bay?
    12) Some Canadians filled up their tank at a special price when Shell celebrated its 30th anniversary by bringing gas prices back to 30 years ago, I was so jealous. What was that price?
    This thread is currently associated with: Aeroplan, Apple, Shell, Winners
    Last edited by coupontime; Wed, Oct 22nd, 2014 at 11:07 PM.
    innaor and terry2144 like this.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

2. Brazil
    4. 500$ ????
    5 the touch sensor ID
    6 8 days
    7 toronto waterfront marathon
    8 saskatchewan
    2,058 pounds
    12 39.9 cents, they changed the price every hour to a new gas station

thanks so much for such a fun way to do a giveaway

coupontime likes this.
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Hi I'm an interested newbie. Such fun!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Bump

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Trivia (Total 34 Points if all Correct)

Multi-Point questions:
    1) What's the biggest deal made in Oct 17's episode of Shark Tank? (looking for the % stake and the $ of investment, each answer is worth a maximum of 3 totalling to 6) $5M
    2) Where is the pit stop for Oct 17's episode of Amazing Race and who got eliminated? (Naming the correct team will give you 1 point, incorrect answer gives you 0; the correct name of the pit stop will give you 3 points, the country of the pit stop gives you 2, any other part of the world will give you 1) Scott and Micheal I think went home??

The regular questions:
    3) How much change do I get back from the vendor if I paid with a $50 bill and bought 3 sets of 649 numbers and 2 sets of Lotto Max numbers? $27 or $24 pending if you got the Extra on you 649 tickets????
    4) How much did the iPad mini 2 price drop when the iPad mini 3 was released Oct 17 in the US? $75??
    5) What's the difference between an iPad mini 2 and an iPad mini 3? (looking for that 1 difference, only a 1 point question) Size??
    6) When's the cutoff date that guarantees your Christmas card will be received on time by the recipient if you are sending it to Australia & New Zealand? (correct date is worth 3 points, within a week is worth 2 points, all other answers is worth 1) Dec.1 if not earlier the way things are with CP
    7) Which marathon takes place this Sunday, Oct 19? (only a 1 point question) ????
    8) Which province does not have to adjust their clocks for daylight savings?(another 1 point question) Easy that would be my time frame

The over and beyond questions:
    9) An elm tree is being cut down between my neighbour's and my backyard. House has been about 20+ years old; the tree is way more. The tree had to be cut down because it's now dead due to disease not because of the ice storm. Any idea how much this cost (do not include taxes on this one)? $500
    10) How many Aeroplan miles do you need for a round-trip economy class ticket from Canada to Hawaii? Way too many!!!!!
    11) Of course, pumpkin deserves some credit at times of Thanksgiving and Halloween. How much did the heaviest pumpkin weigh this year at Half Moon Bay? 1000 lbs????
    12) Some Canadians filled up their tank at a special price when Shell celebrated its 30th anniversary by bringing gas prices back to 30 years ago, I was so jealous. What was that price? I was extreamely jealous too! Its was 39.9
    coupontime likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Hi!
    I'm an interested newbie Thanks in advance
    Trade list:
    CZ Save $1 on any TWO deleverde pasta exp: oct 31, 2014
    Save $8 on Enfamil A+. gentleease, lactose free, nutramigen A+ exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $5 on a tub or refill box of Enfamil A+ Gentlease exp: feb 1, 2015
    Save $4 on Enfamil D-Vi-Sol, Tri-Vi-Sol, Poly-Vi-Sol exp: feb 1, 2015

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

Trivia's now closed, so rather than adding up points. I've only received a reply from CouponingQueen and scbpooh, a $1.80 postage envie with coupons will go to both of you.

I'll post answers sometime tomorrow.

For newbies, I still got some envies. I will leave this part open till 9pm EST tomorrow.
    scbpooh likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    116 (100%)

CouponingQueen & scbpooh: Kindly PM your addy to me to get your coupon envie.
    scbpooh and CouponingQueen like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Lol I torally forgot to send my answers congrats ladies
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Would love to have a RAOK if there is still any
    Full Wishlist and Tradelist: HERE