User Tag List

Page 43 of 95 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast
Like Tree2130Likes

Thread: 2014 Advent Package Train ~Start Opening Dec 1~

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Has anyone ever dealt with noisy neighbours? I really don't want to call the cops to deal with a noise complaint (plus the guy is a jerk and it will likely just lead to him being more of a jerk)

About two months ago, the person next door moved closer to work. We had a good relationship with our neighbours. These people moved in and they do not seem to work so bother both us who are up early and the people next door where the guy works nights

- the guy thinks he is a rock star, last night for example, he started drumming and singing (howling) at 10:45
    - he never parks properly, he has parked diagonally half on his driveway but across my walkway to my place. he also doesn't ever pull up into his space so blocks the sidewalk. We have a woman in a wheel chair and a very elderly person who uses a walker on the street and they need to cross the street to get past because he is blocking it
    - they have a small dog that they lose all the time so you hear them out calling plus they let it poop everywhere and never pick up (not just the yard, it has pooped in several front lawns when they take it out or it escapes)

Not working, he also makes "regular noise" at all times of the night, like he was vacuuming his car (which is parked almost outside my bedroom) at 3am one night and slams the car doors everytime he goes out
    oh my gosh how inconsiderate!!!!
    i dealt with loud and obnoxious neighbors for 10 years, it's so not fun.
    i'd even go so far as to say it's depressing!

i can't advise you on what to do, but i did call the cops on mine when it got really bad.
    they were major partiers and they would bring the parties outside and WOW!
    you need to do whatever brings you peace of mind and leaves you feeling safe.

you do not have to live like that.

inconsiderate people like that make my blood boil, seriously!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

Fallen - Been there and I agree it sucks. I had to call the city a bunch of times and it lead to no where. I also call my landlord and it didn't really help much but eventually they moved out.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

couponteen, I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs!

I took Monday off so I had an extra long weekend. It was a nice break.

Buddy I'm almost ready to pack everything up! I did a bunch of shopping this past weekend, and wrapped things up. I have a couple more items to get this week.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by army_girl29 View Post
    Fallen - Been there and I agree it sucks. I had to call the city a bunch of times and it lead to no where. I also call my landlord and it didn't really help much but eventually they moved out.
    Their landlord wants us to call the police since he needs more to get rid of them, they have damaged the apartment and the yard is a mess
    He has said he will give them notice at the end of the contract, but it is 10 more months of this
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

Has anyone ever dealt with noisy neighbours? I really don't want to call the cops to deal with a noise complaint (plus the guy is a jerk and it will likely just lead to him being more of a jerk)

About two months ago, the person next door moved closer to work. We had a good relationship with our neighbours. These people moved in and they do not seem to work so bother both us who are up early and the people next door where the guy works nights

- the guy thinks he is a rock star, last night for example, he started drumming and singing (howling) at 10:45
    - he never parks properly, he has parked diagonally half on his driveway but across my walkway to my place. he also doesn't ever pull up into his space so blocks the sidewalk. We have a woman in a wheel chair and a very elderly person who uses a walker on the street and they need to cross the street to get past because he is blocking it
    - they have a small dog that they lose all the time so you hear them out calling plus they let it poop everywhere and never pick up (not just the yard, it has pooped in several front lawns when they take it out or it escapes)

Not working, he also makes "regular noise" at all times of the night, like he was vacuuming his car (which is parked almost outside my bedroom) at 3am one night and slams the car doors everytime he goes out
    Dealing with it right now. I live in a flat that has two apartments below me and in September 2 younger girls and 3 younger guys (university age) moved in. Its been a nightmare, they have parties every weekend, play music most evenings, yell, stomp, slam the doors, leave their garbage ags on the deck instead of taking then out but the noise is the real problem. I talked to my landlord (who is a real jerk) and he did nothing so we are moving. It sucks but its that or put it with it I guess. Thankfully when it was time in Sept to renew our lease the landlord kept putting it off so were not in a lease and can technically leave whenever we want.

My suggestion would be to call the police (in my province noise complaints are anonymous) every time they make excessive noise at inappropriate times.
    anawhatsme likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Momto2Ks View Post
    I need an actual to do list... I keep finding random bits of paper I have written on. Surely such a thing must exist- anyone know where I can buy one??

To do list:
    Buy to do list pad
    Write to do list so it stops circling in my head
    Get totally overwhelmed by to do list
    Hide from to do list and hope it magically completes itself
    Hibernate and not come out until after Christmas!
    Dollarama has them

I put them in my phone, with beepy reminders because they won't get done otherwise. I already have 12 sticky notes on my monitor (yeah I know, just yesterday I was all "yay I am up to date")

For example I know my train gets in around 6:40 so I set a reminder for 6:30 to pick up stuff on the way home bc otherwise I get home, remember and can't be bothered to go back out
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh and did you know Timmies now have Tassimo/Keurig for things other than coffee?
    I spent $10 on Steeped Tea discs lol
    Momto2Ks likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Oh and did you know Timmies now have Tassimo/Keurig for things other than coffee?
    I spent $10 on Steeped Tea discs lol
    I found them in Walmart too- they are super yummy!!

Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Trying to find blundstones that are my size is proving impossible..

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Everyone, do you have a camera/phone to take pics of your gifts? If not, maybe your buddy can take pics if they haven't wrapped
    scbpooh likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I have a camera!
    wanna swag with me? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Brianna1980 signed up for ebates yet? if not http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=NPVTwJ63iIs%3D
    if you sign up under me - let me know and a special something will be sent your way!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Also buddy- i came across 2 more things I would love if you are still shopping...

A small cookie scoop - i have a great one but it makes huge cookies!

And I forgot the other one. Gah
    Momto2Ks and julesie-pie like this.
    wanna swag with me? http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Brianna1980 signed up for ebates yet? if not http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=NPVTwJ63iIs%3D
    if you sign up under me - let me know and a special something will be sent your way!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Ive already posted pics so i guess that answers that question
    FallenPixels and Momto2Ks like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I think everyone does, but always best to check
    scbpooh likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    95 (100%)

I have a camera... I hope my buddy does because I already wrapped their gifts and can't take pic now.
    Momto2Ks likes this.

Page 43 of 95 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread Information