User Tag List

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Arob
  • 1 Post By Arob

Thread: Come to the Gluten Free Garage on Sun Nov 9th 2014 at Wychwood Barns in Toronto

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you live in Toronto and you're not busy on on Sunday November 9, 2014
 from 10 am to 4 pm
, then come out to the Gluten Free Garage at the Artscape, Wychwood Barns, 601 Christie St

Gluten Free Garage showcases the city’s best gluten-free food and lifestyle, including food trucks, guest speakers and for the first time, beer and cider tasting. This year’s guest speakers include North America’s leading gluten-free expert and author, Kathy Smart (Gluten-Free Belly Be Gone) Bunner’s Bake Shop co-owner Ashley Wittig and holistic culinary nutritionist Marni Wasserman.

Founder Ronni Lyn Pustil was inspired by her daughter Lily, 8, who was diagnosed with Celiac disease in 2009. Gluten Free Garage (GFG) was created to give people a taste of gluten-free options in Toronto by bringing together over 60 local artisanal vendors offering gluten-free products under one roof for one day. The idea behind the Gluten Free Garage is to promote and provide better access to top-quality local gluten-free food, and create awareness about celiac disease, and prove that gluten-free fare can be super tasty.

EVENT DETAILS 

Date: Sunday November 9, 2014

Time: 10 am to 4 pm

Admission: $10 for adults, free for kids 12 years and under
Tickets available at the door or online http://glutenfreegarage.ca/event-details/
    Photos and video from the fall 2013 GFG: http://glutenfreegarage.ca
    This thread is currently associated with: Garage
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Thanks for posting the info about the Gluten Free Garage event coming up Arob! I am going to have to see this for myself this year for sure!!
    I came into the food section to try to post about the episode of MarketPlace on tv last night. I felt the person doing the segment on gluten free shopping was a bit critical of people who have chosen the gf lifestyle even though they are not suffering from Celiac disease. Arob did you happen to see this programme last night?
    I have always felt ANY processed foods were unhealthy choices so I am not sure why the show focused so much on the gf products being loaded up with extra sugar, salt and fats.
    I think anyone choosing to go gf would realize packaged goods are not the best diet to eat from, but if avoiding gluten is, just eating more fresh produce and doing your own gf baking controls what goes into the food.
    Isn't it sad that now so many are trying to discredit the benefits of eating gf saying it is just a new fad? The only reason it has become a joke in the media is because of products that are flooding the shelves that are not healthy period, but have a label saying gf on it now.
    Sorry Arob, I see now I should have made a new gf thread rant. lol.
    Last edited by walkonby; Sat, Oct 25th, 2014 at 08:47 AM.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yes its an issue to be sure - processed food companies do everything for profit, and sadly making clean, healthy, GMO free, insecticide free, pesticide free food doesnt increase profits, yet.
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information