User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: CBC Scandal Jian Ghomeshi (Q host) Fired ... ???

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I've been following what's been going on in court, but gosh it's confusing.
    I think it's a very good thing there is no jury.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2499830/gh...utere-resumes/
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Charges including assault and making death threats have been laid after a bizarre incident outside the Jian Ghomeshi trial courthouse that police say saw a man threateningly wave a saw before being tackled to the ground by a Global News journalist.

Police spokeswoman Const. Caroline de Kloet said a 19-year-old man is facing five charges in connection with the incident: assault with a weapon, assault, threatening death, failure to comply with condition of undertaking or recognizance and disobeying a court order.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2501011/gl...hi-courthouse/
    Davetherave likes this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I was quite happy not knowing who this guy was before all this happened. What a circus.
    Davetherave likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Im not comfortable with the way others in the media are attacking the accusers almost as if they are trying to protect one of their own
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member-...stRecentReview
    My amazon reviews, check them out sometime!

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon View Post
    Im not comfortable with the way others in the media are attacking the accusers almost as if they are trying to protect one of their own
    See the BBC and Savile for the exact same thing...for several decades in fact!!
    gryphon and Davetherave like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

I think this tweet sums it up: they guy had women throwing themselves at him and he only choked and hit them, never had sex with them

Ann Brocklehurst@AnnB03 2h2 hours ago
    One point about Ghomeshi trial so far is that despite bikini pics, bottle fellating, naughty emails, "love letter," no one's yet gotten laid
    Patty Smyth and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

^Is this trial over? Haven't heard anything about it lately.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The trial is over; the judge has reserved judgement until March 24 - when he'll give his ruling.
    seylz_gurl and DaveP like this.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Jian Ghomeshi found not guilty on choking and all sex assault charges

I'll be darned. I doubt he'll be getting his old job back though.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Hope this outcome doesn't cause anyone to hesitate when coming forward about abuse.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

A march and rally at Toronto city hall today in objection to the verdict.
    bluerose likes this.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    Hope this outcome doesn't cause anyone to hesitate when coming forward about abuse.
    The key lesson to take away from this is to be completely truthful with the police and the courts.

Judge William Horkins said the evidence from all three complainants not only suffered from inconsistencies, but was "tainted by outright deception."

"The harsh reality is that once a witness has been shown to be deceptive and manipulative in giving their evidence, that witness can no longer expect the court to consider them to be a trusted source of the truth," Horkins said.
    Once your credibility is gone, it's gone. This is true not only in a court of law, but in life in general. I believe I've mentioned that before.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

The way the testimony came out was weird. LD, the only named complainant, claimed JG throttled her, but it was uncovered that afterwards she continued to pursue him, sent him flowers, emails...when he didn't return her affections, she burned him by assembling a bunch of like complainants and going to police. IMO.

She wasn't exactly truthful about everything that occurred post-throttling, so it began to look like a case of a woman scorned. That gave the judge reasonable doubt.

I wasn't surprised at the verdict.

The amazing thing about the trial is that JG's lawyer was able to pull a pile of emails and Facebook conversations between LD and JG, and LD and some other women. I was a little shocked at how the lawyer was able to pull the Facebook convo stuff. Just a reminder of how the internet "can" be "forever", and "privacy" is a bit of an illusion.
    Last edited by lecale; Thu, Mar 24th, 2016 at 02:41 PM.
    Candini likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hope this outcome also teaches would be conspirators (angry of being dumped / cheated on) not to go down that route again, thinking nobody would question them. What we've witnessed in the case is that facts i.e. all the communique that Ghomeshi managed to keep, saved him from going behind bars.

Note: I don't think anyone with an IQ over 100 will argue that some of the BDSM / rough play happened, however it came down to he said / she said, and the defence lawyer was able to do her job by grilling the "victims". Even the Judge in the ruling mentioned this, and pointed out that it came down to looking at it from the beyond reasonable doubt angle.

These women have made it difficult for real abused women by indulging in this vindictive act, and am surprised feminist groups aren't lambasting them for bring women down. Lets all pause for a second....what if this were to happen to your uncle, son, husband, other male family members....would you want facts to be the deciding factor vice emotions?

The justice system got this one right!

Quote Originally Posted by anisa View Post
    anisa likes this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What is shocking about that? All she had to do was with JG's consent log into his account to get the history of the conversation. If somebody wants all your posts on here, a simple search of your username will reveal all that within seconds.

This is the problem with social media and the uneducated users who think by activating a couple of security features, they are really protected, when in fact once you decide to put your life out there, there is no way to get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    The way the testimony came out was weird. LD, the only named complainant, claimed JG throttled her, but it was uncovered that afterwards she continued to pursue him, sent him flowers, emails...when he didn't return her affections, she burned him by assembling a bunch of like complainants and going to police. IMO.

She wasn't exactly truthful about everything that occurred post-throttling, so it began to look like a case of a woman scorned. That gave the judge reasonable doubt.

I wasn't surprised at the verdict.

The amazing thing about the trial is that JG's lawyer was able to pull a pile of emails and Facebook conversations between LD and JG, and LD and some other women. I was a little shocked at how the lawyer was able to pull the Facebook convo stuff. Just a reminder of how the internet "can" be "forever", and "privacy" is a bit of an illusion.
    GoJays and momof3heathens like this.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information