User Tag List

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: CBC Scandal Jian Ghomeshi (Q host) Fired ... ???

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Jian Ghomeshi found not guilty on choking and all sex assault charges

I'll be darned. I doubt he'll be getting his old job back though.

I'm (unfortunately) not surprized by the verdict - it was because of the lying.

Will be interesting to see what happens with his next case in June.
    anisa, abbasgirl, DaveP and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Last page of the verdict - interesting, explains why there was reasonable doubt.

lecale, DaveP and SnowFlakey like this.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Judge in his verdict, had this to say....

"My conclusion that the evidence in this case raises a reasonable doubt is not the same as deciding in any positive way that these events never happened. At the end of this trial, a reasonable doubt exists because it is impossible to determine, with any acceptable degree of certainty or comfort, what is true and what is false. The standard of proof in a criminal case requires sufficient clarity in the evidence to allow a confident acceptance of the essential facts. In these proceedings the bedrock foundation of the Crown’s case is tainted and incapable of supporting any clear determination of the truth.

I have no hesitation in concluding that the quality of the evidence in this case is incapable of displacing the presumption of innocence. The evidence fails to prove the allegations beyond a reasonable doubt.

I find Mr. Ghomeshi not guilty on all of these charges and they will be noted as dismissed."

For those who want to read the whole thing that took 1hr to deliver, you can find it HERE
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by veggies View Post
    What is shocking about that? All she had to do was with JG's consent log into his account to get the history of the conversation. If somebody wants all your posts on here, a simple search of your username will reveal all that within seconds.

This is the problem with social media and the uneducated users who think by activating a couple of security features, they are really protected, when in fact once you decide to put your life out there, there is no way to get it back.
    My understanding was that it was LD's private messages on Facebook. That's why it seemed shocking to me. That stuff is not public.

ETA: it was actually text messages between LD and another accuser, sorry.
    Last edited by lecale; Thu, Mar 24th, 2016 at 09:01 PM.
    SnowFlakey likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sad day
    SnowFlakey likes this.
    Please use my referral orange key code 47245085S1 for opening new Tangerine account and I will split the $50 bonus with you

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carrot&hl=en JOIN CARROT REWARDS using my referral invite code dipikag5521

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Indeed for people that lie, make up stories, are scorned and let their emotions run amok i.e. become vindictive. This is just criminal law, imagine how much of this goes on in family law.

Again, every with half a brain is not doubting that JG acted in a BDSM way, but it's the actions of the women that derailed this case. Just like in the OJ murder case where cops planted gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by IthinkIcan View Post
    Sad day

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

He won the often bizarre trial but his broadcasting career and reputation have been damaged. Maybe he could go back to singing.

Last edited by seylz_gurl; Fri, Mar 25th, 2016 at 12:36 PM.
    lecale likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seylz_gurl View Post
    He won the often bizarre trial but his broadcasting career and reputation have been damaged. Maybe he could go back to singing.
    Stick a fork in him, he's done in Canada. I think he will have to go to the US or something to restart a career.

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Seems like the women were on trial and not JG. Wonder what will happen in his next trial. Reminds me of OJ back in the day. Money and good lawyers does it all the time.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Errrrr...it doesn't bother you in the least that the women were out to get him because they felt jilted / ignored by him, and evidence shows that 2 of them were in communication talking about making him pay? I wonder what your tune will be if it was your husband, brother, uncle that fell prey to these type of women??????

It's obvious that this LD is so desperate for attention (probably due to daddy issues), that she even had the publication ban lifted so she could be the face of "sexual assault". She gave this interview below, and crying wolf about her tweet. Cry me a river LD, it's your won doing.

No man in his right mind will touch this woman if they know what is good for them

http://www.chatelaine.com/news/exclu...eshi-disaster/

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    Seems like the women were on trial and not JG. Wonder what will happen in his next trial. Reminds me of OJ back in the day. Money and good lawyers does it all the time.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowFlakey View Post
    I don't believe that JG did nothing because there wouldn't be such a sh-tstorm (to borrow from LD's Trailer Park Boys gig) if there was nothing to the allegations. It wouldn't have gotten as far as court.

OTOH I don't think LD took the high road.

I'm with you: I wonder what will happen in the next trial.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

LD has been referred to as a stalker among other things....some truth to that considering the 5,000 messages and flowers she sent. I mean who in their right mind sends flowers to their attacker? Not even in the movies does this happen...feminist groups need to work on that first with their group

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

LD has been referred to as a stalker among other things....some truth to that considering the 5,000 messages and flowers she sent. I mean who in their right mind sends flowers to their attacker? Not even in the movies does this happen...feminist groups need to work on that first with their group
    JG obviously did not consider her a stalker because he replied to her thousands of times over.

Remember, JG positioned himself as a liberal feminist. That's what some are having a problem with. They feel betrayed.

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    JG obviously did not consider her a stalker because he replied to her thousands of times over.

Remember, JG positioned himself as a liberal feminist. That's what some are having a problem with. They feel betrayed.
    JG moved on, she didn't and came up with a plan to punish him, one that blew up on her face big time. Nothing like a woman scorned
    Last edited by veggies; Fri, Mar 25th, 2016 at 04:24 PM.
    DaveP likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

JG moved on, she didn't and came up with a plan to punish him, one that blew up on her face big time.
    Well it was a suicide bomb that took her down, JG down, and caused some collateral damage for others.
    DaveP likes this.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread Information