User Tag List

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree410Likes

Thread: CBC Scandal Jian Ghomeshi (Q host) Fired ... ???

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:20 AM.
    Shwa Girl and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Interesting article - wasn't sure if he was unionized or just on contract.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Kink and pain don't necessarily mean being beat up.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:20 AM.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Apparently, the Supreme Court has decided that you can't consent to being assaulted.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe...ticle21315629/
    A quote from the above site:
    So, lets assume for a moment that Mr. Ghomeshi’s side of the story is true (no, I am not saying that the women are lying – this is just a thought experiment). Let’s say he engaged in rough sex, very rough sex with consenting partners. According to the law, if it was rough enough to cause bodily harm, then he has still committed assault, regardless of consent. If he did hit, punch, bite or choke them – even if it was consensual – the law would very likely say that he committed assault.

I have no idea who this guy is, so my perspective is purely based on he-said, she-said, and that's a lot to get sorted out. I don't understand this type of behavior, to me, anyone who wants to hurt someone and someone who agrees to be hurt...well, something wrong there, in my mind, but it's a free (sort-of) country and what goes on in your home is none of my business. That's just a personal opinion.

However. What if this gal thought that her love relationship with him was dependent on her engaging in these acts with him? It keeps him happy, so what? Then he says g'bye, been fun but it's over, and she's left feeling humiliated and dumped.

And if she loved him, and only did those things to make him happy....is she a victim or a willing partner?

I think that's the question.
    Whether she goes out to publicly humiliate him isn't here nor there, it's her thing, or rather...a few gals' things, but I think it's up to the courts to decide if she's victim or partner.
    And it seems that the Supreme Court has decided that such women are victims, which will leave him with very little to stand on.

This is going to take a long time to figure out.
    Perhaps he should have been put on leave until whatever came of this ended, but it is what it is, so that's it.

It's going to be interesting, though, that's for sure!

The other side of the issue here:
    http://screaminginallcaps.com/2014/1...ions-of-power/
    abbasgirl likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

From one BDSM educator (man, am I getting an education!!)....

http://sexgeek.wordpress.com/2014/10...cuted-pervert/

But I am saying that Ghomeshi’s argument that what he does is a “mild version of Fifty Shades of Grey” does not match up with his apparent practice of engaging in very high-risk activities with women he’s just beginning to date. If what they’re saying is true, that discrepancy alone is enough to make me highly suspicious of his “I’m a poor innocent kinkster” argument. A mild version of Fifty Shades would be some dirty talk (probably with poor grammar) and necktie bondage.
    Ghomeshi could be totally innocent. Four women could be making (stuff) up, anonymously, because… well, I don’t know, but that itself might be an interesting question. For fun? What exactly would the motivation be for this supposed smear campaign, that four women would take part in it despite having evidence that when a previous woman made much milder accusations that don’t even explicitly name Ghomeshi, she was completely trashed on the Internet? Hmmm. This, too, doesn’t add up. Only the most hell-bent revenge-thirsty ex would take this on, knowing the likely consequences. Four women? Really?

anisa, abbasgirl, Candini and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lecale View Post
    Good read at the Post: Ghomeshi can't sue the CBC, because he is a unionized employee, which means he has given up all rights to sue and must grieve through arbitration. At the same time, the CBC has good grounds to fire him, even if what he did is not a chargeable offense:

http://business.financialpost.com/20...ing-the-truth/
    Heard an interview with an employment lawyer.
    He said what you said - unionized employees cannot sue. Unionized employees can file a grievance. The union must agree with the grievance.

Unionized employees can sue for defamation of character. Proving defamation of character may be difficult.
    Employers can have a clause about an employee's conduct outside of the job, if the employee is a public figure.

The employment lawyer thought that the case would be about 1 year before it could go to court.
    lecale and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I'm bothered that the women went to The Star before the police. No, I'm not victim-blaming (I've worked as a counsellor at a sexual assault centre), just wondering.

It's either BDSM with mutual consent, or violence and assault.
    anisa and lecale like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:21 AM.
    Candini and i_forget like this.

Each Day is a Blessing... Snow In Summer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

When I first heard about this story I was of the mind set that "What happens in the Bedroom, Stays in the Bedroom." However last night I read a very well written article from a female journalist by the name of Steffani Cameron from Victoria BC. She had impeccable logic behind all of her points outlined in her article. Its was an excellent read and certainly had me rethinking my views today. A version of the article was published in the Vancouver Observer. It will be interesting to see how all of this unfolds ...

http://cuntinglinguist.com/
    anisa, abbasgirl and lecale like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:21 AM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 09:22 AM.

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Snow In Summer View Post
    As always, apologies in advance to anyone I may offend with my words.

That article really really rubbed me the wrong way. Referring to these women as "young girls" makes it seem like Ghomeshi was trolling schoolyards for victims (you know, like the pedophile at the BBC). I find it incredibly insulting to be thought of as being essentially an idiot until I hit a certain age cause, well, I'm a girl and won't mature til I hit, what, 50? Sigh. 25 yr olds are not young girls, they are adults. If they are capable of being paramedics, lawyers, police officers, paramedics, in the armed forces or any number of careers which have a direct impact on someone's life, then they are capable of making adult decisions for which there are consequences. /end of rant

I have no opinion either way about Ghomeshi. I've never listened to his show, I only recently put 2 & 2 together to realize he was part of Moxy Fruvous (& yes, back in the day, I was a fan of the music, even bought their first album back when they were selling the cassettes out of the trunk of a car). I do find it suspicious, tho, about the timing. It seems odd that with all the allegations, that the journalist chooses the week after Ghomeshi loses a parent and is apparently taking time off to be in mourning to break the story.

There is one victim in all this that no one seems to care about, Ghomeshi's mother. No parent should have to hear the details of their child's sex life played out in the media.
    Natalka, SharonMe and Anna Michele like this.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    As always, apologies in advance to anyone I may offend with my words.

There is one victim in all this that no one seems to care about, Ghomeshi's mother. No parent should have to hear the details of their child's sex life played out in the media.
    A week ago I never heard of this guy. I liked it better that way.
    Anyway, his mother must be wondering what she did wrong for her son to treat women this way.
    Hopefully he prepared her before he told the world.
    The best things in life...aren't things

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

A very interesting read. Alluding, in the end, that his behaviours had been long whispered about in certain circles makes my blood boil. That no one has come forward until now, that those whispered secrets remained just that is chilling. I may be more inclined to believe those women who may be sacrificing their careers to bring an abuser to light; I don't see what they have to gain by putting their stories out there for the public's scrutiny. Or for legal scrutiny, for that matter. I think they're tremendously brave. If the "old boys club" sheltered and condoned this behaviour by remaining silent, then more heads should roll.

Andi, I guess it's a matter of perspective...they're young girls from this angle, and you know me enough that I mean no disrespect by that... The choice of words may not have been appropriate in the context of that blog, and I do understand the repercussions of referring to grown women as "girls" and no one detests how models stand when modelling clothes, in that, "I'm just a little, innocent girl" stance more than me, but perhaps using that term simply referred to their being new to the big business, to their being fodder for the old boys' club. But, yes, "young women" would have been more appropriate.

The truth will come out in spite of the googley-eyed fans who would rather bask in his glow than learn the facts.
    anisa, Snow In Summer and Candini like this.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information