User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Sneaky People - Wal-Mart Magazine

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I read about the new Wal-Mart magazines coming out but I live 15 minutes from the closest Wal-Mart, no big deal but at the same time don't want to make a special trip. So finally on weekend we go to Wal-Mart and I am so excited and happy they have magazine which has the baking coupon book in it, yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I rarely use coupons anymore as we are cutting back on processed food so this coupon coupon is huge for us as we try to make everything we can and go through insane amounts of flour and oats on our house. So I grab 4 magazines and do not take a second look.

Last night I finally get 5 minutes to sit down so I go to grab my magazines and get out my coupons, all but 1 had been sliced open at the back right on the seam and the coupon books removed. Okay this is partially my fault for not looking them over, but my mom was shopping with me and had been suffering with back spams for 3 days (but insisted she was going shopping with me) so I just wanted to get in and out without her falling on the floor in pain. Now mom feels bad that I did not get the coupons as she knows I normally check but knows I was in such a rush since she was pain I did not look (it is not her fault and we both know it).

But really all facts aside seriously people it is a free magazine take the whole magazine do not just remove the coupon book. This is kind of low in my opinion as I wonder how many other people have had the same thing happen and just how many magazines did they sliced open (yes it does look like it was a knife used to slice the plastic open) and remove the coupons from. Maybe I should go on Ebay and see if anyone locally is selling a stack of them.
    This thread is currently associated with: Ebay, Walmart
    Ciel, lecale, Shwa Girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It happened to me too
    I also got home when I ripped open the plastic only to realize someone ripped it from the back already and took the coupon booklet. The 1kg flour has been out of stock this entire week. The grocery clerk told me they just put some out on Sunday and again this morning and they are all gone. He told me the shelf was full - at least 20 bags of flour. Coincidence??...I think not.
    Ciel, Shwa Girl and SassyAshley like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

im so sorry............I just got my sister into couponing, messaged her about the flour deal and told howabouts to get in it.....she then texted me 5 hours later saying she had cleared out 4 walmarts and was on her way to Sobey's. i was soooooo upset and felt it was my fault for letting her know about the deal. i got upset and told her that was realy bad to do but she justified it with she was sharing with her children's school and other low income families. she just recently got into couponing and could really use the help so im torn with telling her about deals to help her and her taking advantage

oh guess who couldnt get any flour cuz all the stores are out? karma it backwards i think
    Ciel, DaveP and Durham Couponer like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

The bright side is I guess they didn't want to recycle a whole magazine they didn't want. Sorry that happened to you, hopefully you can find more
    Ciel, SFARAZ and SassyAshley like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

some times with my walmart orders they are keeping these magazine but not every time
    Ciel, SassyAshley and oscarandme like this.
    For cute kids clothing check
    http://www.zulily.com/invite/sfaraz685

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
    im so sorry............I just got my sister into couponing, messaged her about the flour deal and told howabouts to get in it.....she then texted me 5 hours later saying she had cleared out 4 walmarts and was on her way to Sobey's. i was soooooo upset and felt it was my fault for letting her know about the deal. i got upset and told her that was realy bad to do but she justified it with she was sharing with her children's school and other low income families. she just recently got into couponing and could really use the help so im torn with telling her about deals to help her and her taking advantage

oh guess who couldnt get any flour cuz all the stores are out? karma it backwards i think
    Don't feel bad about it. It's not your fault. You are not responsible for her actions, only she is.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm sorry this happened to you. I don't know why someone would do that. I'd be pretty embarrassed if I was doing this. Imagine explaining to store staff while customers were looking on.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so that person just stands there cutting up magazines inside the store?! just wonder how come no staff notice him/her doing it

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

J
    Quote Originally Posted by cinpow View Post
    so that person just stands there cutting up magazines inside the store?! just wonder how come no staff notice him/her doing it
    Not accusing but maybe it's staff doing it. We'll never know I guess.
    cinpow, SassyAshley and oscarandme like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

definitely possible

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So that's what was missing. The few magazines that I looked at had the packaging ripped and I had no idea why. I guess there's a coupon snatcher on the loose.

Trading Score
    228 (100%)

The Walmart near me keeps the mags in the bagging area at the cash registers. It sounds like other stores should start doing the same.
    Join Beyond the Rack here and get a $10 credit!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I couldn't find any at WM, they only have calendars for sale. Walk around and see none...

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

what a shame -cant understand people sometimes -wow
    Ciel, emg, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

More like tacky people.
    Ciel, emg, SassyAshley and 1 others like this.
    Zoombucks are back: Please consider using my link to sign up again: https://zoombucks.com/?ref=IIHO0L

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information