User Tag List

Trading Score
    4 (83%)

Use this thread for PharmaPlus stores compliments and/or complaints.
    This thread is currently associated with: Rexall PharmaPlus, Pharmaplus

Trading Score
    4 (83%)

I have been using the Trenton Ontario Pharma Plus Drugstore located at 109 Dundas Street East since I was 12 years old. I have always gone there because of the knowledgeable pharmacy staff and a very friendly pharmacist named Fiona. Unfortunately Fiona has since left that pharmacy last year, and it has gone way downhill. The wait time for prescriptions is alot longer then they tell you, sometimes they have plain forgotten to fill my prescriptions. A few of the people that have "attempted" to explain my pills to me that I have been on for awhile now I have to laugh at their explanations as they seem to have no idea what they are talking about. It's very sad that once a great pharmacist leaves a pharmacy the quality of the place becomes laughable. I am probably going to have to change pharmacy's after 10 years.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

There is a Pharma Plus right down the street from my home (Central Parkway Mall, Mississauga, ON) I usually go in there if I am bored, but since they have been advertising the $5.00 off coupons, I find myself going in there everyday and buying something. Since it is basically free and I printed off over 2 dozen. I have bought a body wash each day and am making a gift basket of free stuff for family and friends for Christmas (Thanks ex0ticb3lla for the great gift idea!) I have gotten make-up, lotion, household items and food basically for free due to the $5.00 off coupons. If you check out thier online flyer each week, you can sometimes find good deals. However, there is really no comparison to Shoppers Optimum Points. Plus Shoppers usually has better sales. But thanks a lot Pharma Plus for that great coupon!
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve meat my best." - Marilyn Monroe

Banned
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

5636 Glen Erin Drive
    Mississauga, ON
    L5M 6B1
    Phone: 905-813-9998

Okay, let's start from the beginning...

The location is great. It's right near a bunch of other popular stores and the sign is huge so it's hard to miss. As far as the parking lot goes, it's rather large itself, but since it is close to a ton of other stores, the parking lot is often pretty full and I have to park on the other side of the plaza near Dominion and walk to PharmaPlus/Rexall.

When you walk in the store you will see that it's very clean. Organized, not so much. I often find carts in the store filled with stock that still needs to be put away and empty boxes and packaging that needs to go in the trash. I found that NO ONE will say hello to you or ask if you need help (which I often get at Shoppers Drug Mart). If you need help, you have to find someone yourself and cross their fingers that they aren't "too busy right now" to help you.

As far as their merchandise goes, they have alot of great products. They don't have a wide variety of different brands but the brands they do carry are high quality. Unfortunetely, the prices are also very high. Even matched with coupons, it's not often you will find a great deal at this store.

My main problem with this store (at all the Rexall/PharmaPlus' I have been to, actually) is that the employees are downright RUDE. Especially if you are trying to use a coupon while checking out, they make such a huge stink about it, as if you are trying to steal from them or something. At this one location they are very sticky about coupons and will actually read each and every coupon (even if you have multiples of the same coupon.. they will read them ALL!) and then they almost always still aren't sure and will call for a manager or supervisor who will do the EXACT SAME THING. It's not often that I am able to checkout any sooner than 10 minutes (if I'm using coupons).

I am not a huge fan of this store at all. I prefer Shoppers and will continue to shop there instead, unless PharmaPlus/Rexall has an AMAZING deal that I just can't bear to miss (which is doubtful).

I rate this store 1/5.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Out of curiosity.....

I went to the RPP in Guelph today to use my 'we're sorry about the $5 coupon mixup' gift certificate. I just noticed on my bill - with a subtotal of 10.48, GST 0.67 and PST 1.08, I got taxed about 16.7% instead of 13%.

Granted, I only bought a body wash and an astringint, and used coupons and my gc so I think I paid about $2.23. Still, are stores allowed to tax more than 13%? Guess I won't be shopping there again!

I also agree with MsJanuary - there were carts of stocking supplies left in the middle of the aisles with no-one around, and although the cashier took both of my coupons she read them both throroughly - out loud! One was a Rexall coupon and the other was a manufacterer's coupon. Didn't think it would be that big of a deal! LOL!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Kristin, I think they technically couldn't charge you more that 13%. Check you recipe, I think 10.48 was your total after coupons, if you had $2 off coupon everything is correct, they have taxed you for the full amount before deducting coupon value.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristin;<wbr>535052
    Out of curiosity.....

I went to the RPP in Guelph today to use my 'we're sorry about the $5 coupon mixup' gift certificate. I just noticed on my bill - with a subtotal of 10.48, GST 0.67 and PST 1.08, I got taxed about 16.7% instead of 13%.

Granted, I only bought a body wash and an astringint, and used coupons and my gc so I think I paid about $2.23. Still, are stores allowed to tax more than 13%? Guess I won't be shopping there again!

I also agree with MsJanuary - there were carts of stocking supplies left in the middle of the aisles with no-one around, and although the cashier took both of my coupons she read them both throroughly - out loud! One was a Rexall coupon and the other was a manufacterer's coupon. Didn't think it would be that big of a deal! LOL!

CPNnewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (83%)

Rexall Windsor, ON

1. <table width="462" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><tr><td style="width: 30px; text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">
    </td><td style="width: 222px; vertical-align: top;">Giles & Ouellette Rexall
    Rexall Drug Store 8124</td></tr></tr></tbody></table>it's near my work place. I go there a lot during lunch and/or after work. great customer service, never had problem with coupons, always take all my coupons, even printed ones

2. <table width="462" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="width: 30px; text-align: center; vertical-align: top;">
    </td><td style="width: 222px; vertical-align: top;">Huron Church & Totten Rexall
    Rexall Drug Store 8123</td></tr></tbody></table>
    CS, not as good as the other, store is a bit smaller. I go here a lot on days I don't work, since I live near this one. There's a SDM in the same plaze, i'd rather go there instead of here. I'm only in Rexall when they have really good deals, like kleenex on sale for 69 cents or something. The CS not as friendly and one girl was looking down at me and annoyed with me for using the $5 off your entire purchase, no minimal required. I didn't even try to go in with the printed cpn, figure she won't take it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just made a purchase at my local Rexall in North Bay. I received a coupon, for $10.00 off my next purchase over $10.00, that is valid until October 29. I love it!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yep...that was in the flyers this week. When you spend $30, you got $10 in Rexall coupon to use next time. It silly that they put an expiry date on their store coupon.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I just made a purchase at my local Rexall in North Bay. I received a coupon, for $10.00 off my next purchase over $10.00, that is valid until October 29. I love it!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do you guys know of any other online Canadian pharmacies please read http://www.city-data.com/forum/fashi...harmacies.html you guys can respond direct or send me the links. Thanks a million.

Thread Information