User Tag List

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree3864Likes

Thread: November frugal friends (2014)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Just a "hi" from a lurker for all you sweet ladies. You do a lot of productive work during the day, i dont think i do enough and cant contribute enough on this thread either because of my a**ho*e ipad. Ever since i upgraded the ipad software it's been soooooooo slow.

i'll try to make my husband put together the coffee tables we want to sell on kijiji/craigslist, thinking of making chilli today, and usual cleaning of the house. With a 20 month old energetic kid "helping" me to clean up, our house looks so 'tidy' if you know what i mean!
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Scottishgal
    Trading Score
    480 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone Thought I'd better jump in here and post before Dec. shows up Super busy lately and so hard to work in computer time with everything else. Guess were all the same Just finished the Laundry, Suppers ready, and now to head off for a walk. Have a few trades to do for tommorow so guess I'd better giddy up. Just wanted to say Hi
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Have the last of 3 1/2 doz muffins in the oven...whole wheat banana and raisin bran. Got a dozen bananas for .49 at Zehrs yesterday.

Just got a call from Millbank Cheese a few minutes ago. My friendly towel buyer just ordered 40 towels for before Christmas so I know what I`ll be doing. No rest for the wicked. lol Will get a pink spiderweb afghan done today and hopefully get a white one done too for AnnaMae`s next week. Millbank has their annual Christmas in the Village Next Fri night so I like to have the stores well stocked for that. Good thing I`m relatively pain free at the moment...more discomfort than pain.
    Andit, Natalka, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Crochetlady: I think you are stocking the whole county with towels.
    millbank cheese is soo good.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    41 (100%)

-Snow-Filled Savings
    -Dashing December Savings
    -Santa's Saving Elfs
    My Tradelist and Wishlist

Join the Purell Loyalty Program for easy rewards such as gift cards and coupons!

Get FREE Men's Boxers when 1O friends sign up
    http://www.comfortableboxers.com?kid=55D9S

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

I second Couponing Queens'- Dashing december savings.
    this cold is kicking my butt. the major wind were getting isn't helping. trying to conquer some outdoor tasks..
    whatever.
    im slowly working through my day.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I like dashing December savings too
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-my computer has been going out -high winds storms here
    -went to my dentist and asked for more peridex rinse -she gave me 3 repeats
    -then popped into bank update and see how much I am spending ad what I have to play with for xmas shopping

-popped into winners spent 11.00-but then my gum was bothering me so i came home ,burnt the pancakes I made for supper-turned to talk to hubby-just not great evening for me

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

crochetlady wowzers you are a busy lady, hope you continue to feel better
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

coupon girl....geez I hope your gum problems/sensitivity get better soon, I hope you are seing some
    improvements since your surgery
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

baked eventhough I didn't want to and boy did it show...sigh...next time I will just not bother.

Dh and FIL are off to the cottage tomorrow and will return on Thursday for Jaden's birthday. They are heading up to install the pipes for the woodstove as dh hopes to go up to the cottage this winter.....yikes.

Had a pick up today $5.00 and another sale yesterday $20.00 and posted a few more things today mentioning that I could meet them in town on Thursday so fingers crossed I sell some of the newly posted things.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I made bf a batch of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies tonight. Figured he was hoping id make him more because he bought me a huge bag of chocolate chips when he heard we were out.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I second the notion that banana loaves are a key staple for a windy day! Made one tonight as hearing the wind have a fit was making me want a tea and cake. Actually happy that it was a drier loaf and more buttery tasting than usual.
    No toppings for a pizza, so rosemary focaccia might be tomorrow's baking effort. Meal planning has never been my strong suit. I tend to think more along favourite, simple dishes that might take advantage of some grocery deals and consider weather, because it affects what one wishes to eat.

SassyAshley, yes, warm food is more comforting. As for dining with Mom, perhaps tea and toast could be had while Mom eats dinner? Is she doing an Epsom salt soak for her feet so she gets her legs "back?" I do hope she has some wonderful students for her classes to overcome the ones that might be putting a fork into things on purpose.

Jasperandchar-think of baking as something that has to be done (and it warms the house and provides an excuse to make tea) and some days the results are fine and other days, you're happy if it's edible in some way! You'll find your zone in baking! My banana loaf did not get a cooldown from the oven before I pried the loaf with a fork then turned pan over. Part of the loaf bottom stayed in the pan. Hunger was calling me and the tea was steeping...I had cake! Birds will get the loaf crumbs in the morning.

I enjoy reading how many of you are able to use points programs to fill a need, help someone or get gifts purchased for Christmas! And the crafting that gets done! Wow!
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 4 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Scored a scop at RCSS....received a 133 load liquid Purex detergent for free

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Had a bittersweet time last night, a few of us went over to the friend whose pup died suddenly last week. Pizza, gin & tonics, and really silly answers to a trivia game managed to buoy all our spirits. And more than one toast to the special canine we all were fond of.

Brats are not in a happy mood today - far too cold and windy for their taste. Needless to say, I'm being blamed for their discomfort (even with the thermostat kicked up to 30C, they find it cold, while I'm about ready for swimwear ). On the plus side, now that I've organized their wardrobes, they have lots of options to keep warm. Think the next time Quincy cat complains, I'm going to make him wear his pajamas.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information