coupon girl -
    ssc-santa's smart canuckers

Andit - Helping Santa Save $

couponingqueen
    -Snow-Filled Savings
    -Dashing December Savings
    -Santa's Saving Elfs
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by jasperandchar; Mon, Nov 24th, 2014 at 08:37 PM.
    Andit, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

reserved
    Andit likes this.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

see ya'll tomorrow.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yeah I went to a local metro by me (its closing on nov7-so today was the start of 50% off)-thanks to m friend anna micheele for tellin me about it
    I wasn't feeling great(my darn gums -still healing-plus i was tired but i forced myself to go spent 113.87 would have been 227.74 saved 31.25 I coupons

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Ok I need suggestions please.

BF is allergic to cinnamon. I love cookies and such that tend to have cinnamon in but dont make them since we moved in together because i do not want to kill him. Is there actually a known decent substitute for cinnamon in things like gingersnaps, apple pie, etc?

I've heard nutmeg and allspice (but doesnt allspice have cinnamon in?)
    Last edited by saundyl; Fri, Oct 31st, 2014 at 10:23 PM.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nutmeg, and even a pinch of cloves, would help give a similar taste.

Good morning!

Hope your kiddies all enjoy their candy hauls from yesterday!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    Oh what a week, desperately working on the house as I heard the S word in the forecast and we still have no heat. We always try to hold out turning on the heat as heating our house cost major $$$ but with the S word coming it seemed like it was going to be needed. It took me most of the week to try to get stuff away from the rad in the dinning room (our whole house is bad but I swear the dinning room is the number one dumping place, when something in the kitchen gets in Mom's way it gets put in or thrown in the dinning room). The first night I spent over an hour just picking empty boxes and sorting through random things that have been put in there most of which was either garbage or should be in the basement in the stockpile room. By Thursday night I had the dinning room done and just needed to work on the living room. Mom did the living room on Friday as she was frozen and wanted to turn on the heat but I was at work. Still tons and tons of work to be done but we have heat, yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As well weird week at work, it was a pretty normal week until Wednesday when our Controller came for his weekly visit. One of my co workers got called into the back office and well I guess the correct way to word it would be that she has been demoted. She moved into our department earlier this year and will now be moved out again. She has been told she is staying on Order Desk until her replacement is hired and than she will move to Shipping. I am not really sure how I feel about this as now she has kind of checked out of working on Order Desk so as much as she is still working us she isn't she keeps taking off. I think she would like to move back to our Front Counter (the retail side) so seems like every time we turn around right now she is up there with them. I see what they are doing but not sure how this pan out in the end. We will see what happens she should be off most of this week as her daughter is supposed to have surgery but we will see as her daughter is now sick so the surgery may be cancelled.

Money wise I think we have had another excellent week with one small set back. My mom normally has dinner with a friend on Tuesday night between classes (she teaches from 1 to 3 than 6:30 to 8:30) the day before her friend confirmed dinner but than on Tuesday when Mom went to meet at her house she is tells Mom she can't do dinner as she needs to go shopping for her trip this weekend. What kind of sucks is this is first time my Mom did not take a back up dinner so she ended up having to go out to eat in between classed which did not make her too happy as she did not want to spend that money. Must say I am quite proud of her she seems to be realizing where we are money wise and maybe just maybe a few old habits have been broken.

We decided to skip Halloween this year. We were going to go Costco shopping but never made it to Costco, instead we did our grocery shopping which took a little loner than expected but I gotta tell you awesome idea the stores were empty and it was great I could price match and use coupons and not hold up any lines. I still need to add up what we spent but pretty sure we came in right on budget, only downside is I had been planning on not shopping at all this week so I was looking forward to having a $50 surplus in my budget. Well guess we will see what happens when I add it up maybe just maybe we are under budget and will still have a bit of a surplus, at last check from July to September my surplus is at just over $70 which I will use for a Costco shopping trip before the holidays.

Hope everyone has a great day, Mom is working today so I am going to see what I can get done around the house.
    Andit, Crochetlady, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Rabbits, rabbits.

It's cooooold!!!!! We even saw sn*wflakes! I think it's time to dig out Lily dog's winter coat and boots. I suspect she'll want a hat & scarf too.

Brats have gone back to bed to avoid the thought of the coming winter. I have the heat turned up and am thinking happy summer thoughts.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Caturday (wonder if Dr Lily can figure out why Quincy cat is sooo sleepy?).

Name:  079.jpg
Views: 659
Size:  84.6 KB

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I added up the hours I worked this week-from Tues to Friday-45 hrs in 4 days so I am a bit tired. But really can you call cuddling and feeding 2 beautiful 5 lb boys work? Loved every minute of it but thankful I only pulled the night shift once! Anyway time to rest up today( and maybe get some groceries) and spend some time with my family as I am sure more help will be needed in the coming days especially when the Dad returns to work.
    saundyl, Andit, Natalka and 7 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hang in there lizzy -its tough but someone's gotta help -lol so nice of you

-went and saw ladybug "ashlyn" last night -she was excited
    -son/wife had us for pizza/wings-so I spent 10.00 on halloween candy for his house

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Nutmeg, and even a pinch of cloves, would help give a similar taste.

Good morning!

Hope your kiddies all enjoy their candy hauls from yesterday!
    Thank you. Im going to attempt cinnamon free ginger snaps this weekend im tired of oatmeal cookies lol

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Lizzie enjoy your time cuddling those precious babies. I remember doing the night shift a few times to give my sister a break. Just about killed me. lol

I`m still dealing with neck pain but it has improved a lot. Hope a couple more treatments will do the trick.

Andit love the brats pics.
    saundyl, Andit, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Andit-either Quincy is living up to the nocturnal nature of his clan or he too is super unhappy like us humans about the low light levels this week. Upside-both Lily & Quincy will perk up on the milder Monday and Tuesday! Just have to get through this weekend!

Happy spreeing on clearance Halloween treats today in the stores, SCers!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Hiya everyone,

Supper tonight is moose steak & pepperoni subs, purchased the pink sticker sub buns, can't wait.

Did some work outside with Logan and dh this am until Noon then we went to pick up Jaden who was working the morning **** with his Grandpa at the recycle/waste management site. Long story short this Wednesday is bring your kid to work but neither or dh are employed so we decided to keep him home on Wednesday and send him today.

Nothing much planned for tomorrow other than tidy up the yard and getting ready for snow.

Wishing everyone a very frugal November!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Ashley glad you were able to tackle all those jobs and get your heat turned on. And your mom seems to really be thinking before spending which is super!

Page 1 of 41 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information