User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: You can only use one bonus points coupon per transaction?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    I wish I knew what BP coupons meant. Obviously it's not BP = Buy Pepsi or BP = Buy Paper...

But what your saying is scaring me, cause combining Personalized Coupons with promotions is what rocks my world at this point in life.

i laughed so hard on your interpretation of BP. Thank God you didnt read it as Boston Pizza. Lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

learned something with the bonus pt coupons ........ when using several different bonus coupons in the same transaction and it appears that the coupon is not scanning (making noise) get them to re scan your card, a second or third time

had this issue with vib for huggies wipes, pampers wipes and johnson's in the same transaction..

any idea where the vib coupons are hiding out now????
    Last edited by redfox; Sun, Nov 2nd, 2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by redfox View Post

any idea where the vib coupons are hiding out now????
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/386513-...6-14-a-canada/
    redfox and Ciel like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-maybe the cashier entered the code wrong -that happened to me yesterday one number was out so I called customer service tonght and she asked me to call back on tueday night-it has t be 2 days so they can see the receipt
    -I asked her about the emailed bonus points "like 2,000 on any toilet paper she told me you can only do them once -point will not go thru if you print a second time(she also said people should only be using them only once so glad I follow the rules and l use the coupon or extra bonus points once)
    carlyincanada, CrazyQT and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

The BP coupons I have not had any problem using - separately or combined with other offers. The only one I had an issue with twice (at the very beginning of receiving the personal offers) was the milk 800bp - so I decided to just not use that special offer ... the next week they send me one for a reduced price on the milk- so I wait and use that offer instead.

My interpretation of the "cannot be combined..." is more in relation to using $ off coupons and BP coupons for the same product ... but I have seen instances in the brags where that has worked too so I have no real idea of what it refers to. I have combined many different bonus points together and had them all work -- ie a 20x WUS $50 on a Saturday with an 8000 pts on WUS $30 on Food/Snacks - with a 20x on chips or another snack/food product....all worked on the same transaction...

I've noticed that the personal offers have gotten a lot more specific in their descriptions - ie the 2.79 for Dove Soap -- used to work on any size - now has a small size box ....
    carlyincanada, Ciel and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I use multiple bonus point coupons so its likely the way they entered the coupon...some scan & others they have to type in code....just give HO a call & explain. They are pretty good adding the points.
    Ciel and dahliagrower like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-yep casher entered my code wrong last sunday-I should have gotten 1,200 for any lays chips-well i called and they wanted me to email them my personal email points for the week-well I did and they called me today and she put the points in-excellent customer service
    Giving-Small likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Went to shoppers today and not one of my personal email point or mailer point coupons went through, but the money off, bogo coupons and a printable v.i.b points coupon went through no problem. Going to call Head office on Monday and see if they can clarify why some worked and some didn't, because the fine print on everything says not to be combined with any other offer.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    i laughed so hard on your interpretation of BP. Thank God you didnt read it as Boston Pizza. Lol
    Laugh it up... I honestly didn't know what it mean't. Until recently I thought Bogo, was similar to Pogo's... anyway.
    dahliagrower likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I used 6 BP pt coups today along with $51 MF and the cashier had to scan my card again (scanned it at the beginning of my order) near the middle of inputting the coupons, first time that has ever happened so maybe something has changed? I id have l coupons go though.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I used 8 or 9 today and had no issues, just one was invalid. I didn't want to push it as I had a line behind. But I had 28000 points for $90, so I was happy. I will just use it later in the week.

But, I've got two shoppers I use regularily where i have no problems. IF I had tried this at other shoppers, I might have had some issues.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ...-I asked her about the emailed bonus points "like 2,000 on any toilet paper she told me you can only do them once -point will not go thru if you print a second time(she also said people should only be using them only once so glad I follow the rules and l use the coupon or extra bonus points once)...
    Coupon girl, I must confess I often print and use the emailed coupons several times in a week if it is for something I use a lot...and 99% of the time, the points show up again at the bottom of my receipt. Every once in a while when they don't, I tell the cashier not to worry about it (because secretly I know I've already used the coupon a few times). So in my experience, you can use them multiple times - just not in the same transaction. (This is just for the coupons that award bonus points immediately, not "to be awarded at a later date".)
    Last edited by lorken; Tue, Nov 18th, 2014 at 01:17 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lorken View Post
    Coupon girl, I must confess I often print and use the emailed coupons several times in a week if it is for something I use a lot...and 99% of the time, the points show up again at the bottom of my receipt. Every once in a while when they don't, I tell the cashier not to worry about it (because secretly I know I've already used the coupon a few times). So in my experience, you can use them multiple times - just not in the same transaction. (This is just for the coupons that award bonus points immediately, not "to be awarded at a later date".)
    Lorken, no disrespect, but you probably shouldn't be doing that. The fine print states on these coupons they are for one time use and it is irresponsible to use coupons not as intended. Even bonus point coupons. The fact that it often goes through, still doesn't make it right. Eventually, these things often lead to increasing restrictions for all of us. Now, you can use several BP coupons in one transaction, but they are meant to be single use. THey do claw back points at times, I'd hate for you to check one day, and your optimum points are in the negative.
    lorken and d.ot like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

kellyana_99, thanks for the advice. You're right, I hadn't thought about the consequence of increased restrictions on the whole program...and I was not aware they did clawbacks. Even though I only do it for certain items, I'll probably stop doing it...better for me to wait for another coupon to come along next week rather than put the program in jeopardy!
    Last edited by lorken; Tue, Nov 18th, 2014 at 02:22 PM.
    kellyanna_99 and d.ot like this.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    Lorken, no disrespect, but you probably shouldn't be doing that. The fine print states on these coupons they are for one time use and it is irresponsible to use coupons not as intended. Even bonus point coupons. The fact that it often goes through, still doesn't make it right. Eventually, these things often lead to increasing restrictions for all of us. Now, you can use several BP coupons in one transaction, but they are meant to be single use. THey do claw back points at times, I'd hate for you to check one day, and your optimum points are in the negative.
    If they really were worried it would be very easy to datamine their system and flag any personalized coupon used twice and email the 'abuser' - they do not do this- it would be really easy to do the same and stop sending coupons because, hey, we don't want you doing this and you've broken our terms - they do not do this.

I really would not get bent out of shape on this one, they are already planning the app launch and when that happens it will take of this issue so in the meantime I intend to knock myself out with taking advantage of anything their system allows and again, this will not have an adverse affect on anyone as their plans have been in place for some time - I have a former co-worker who works at head office and with their inside info I'm feeling completely confident with my actions.
    Anna Michele likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information