• 9 Post By anastasia1009
  • 1 Post By Arvilish
  • 1 Post By MillieH
  • 3 Post By LisaLisaBoBisa
  • 3 Post By Anna Michele

Thread: one reason stores are getting tougher on couponing

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

so either there is a diffrent coupon or some one is trying to cost stores major money. i got the daily email that says where the deals are on in that also had a spsid match up fr the oral b vitality t brush on sale at the super store or shoppers fr 19.99 if you read the coupn it clearly states NOT AVALIBLE ON THE VITALITY T BRUSH this is a 20 coupon hens making it free if u try and they acually accept this the store from my point of view is losing about 170.00 as this coupon i have is only good on the really expensive rechargable ones so just a heads up dont try and do it this also makes it harder for other people and is why walmart is changing thire policys and can garentee if stuff like that were to keep up they will no longer price match leaving everyone up the creek PLEAS REMEMBER TO READ YOUR COUPONS SO U DONT SCREW IT UP FOR EVERYONE ELSE ty had to get that off my chest
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart
    SFARAZ and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

But i have read that this coupon can be used on other type of oral b rechargable brush. I think its pro health rechargable brush or something like that. This coupon only excludes vitality line of rechargable brushes, not other ones.
    Cata likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I am not saying any one is misusing the coupon here BUT...

it is the responsibility of a cashier to read and follow the instruction because lets be honest, people will try to scam if correct actions are not taken by store's staff. When I worked, it was considered to be our responsibility and although most of the couponers were honest, there were always some who would try to misuse the coupons either intentionally OR unintentionally; and I would say MOSTLY unintentionally.

Just me 2c
    Last edited by Arvilish; Tue, Nov 4th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
    GoJays and Cata like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arvilish View Post
    I am not saying any one is misusing the coupon here BUT...

it is the responsibility of a cashier to read and follow the instruction because lets be honest, people will try to scam if correct actions are not taken by store's staff. When I worked, it was considered to be our responsibility and although most of the couponers were honest, there were always some who would try to misuse the coupons either intentionally OR unintentionally; and I would say MOSTLY unintentionally.

Just me 2c

FIRST responsibility lies with the person presenting the coupon to the cashier that THEY are following the terms and conditions in that coupon and purchasing nothing BUT what the coupon is for. Then, yes, it is the responsibility of the cashier to match the product(s) presented with the coupon and follow the terms and conditions for redemption. It irks me when people complain about cashiers reading coupons -- guess what, people - that is PART OF THEIR JOB. If it bothers you, then don't use coupons - because as soon as I hear someone state how long it takes with one cashier because they read every coupon, first thing I think is "they are redeeming coupons knowing they did not pick up what the coupon is for and are trying to get one past the cashier". I had that one night - had been tipped off on Facebook about a coupon, and low and behold, someone comes through my register that evening with just that coupon. I read the coupon, could not figure out how people out there thought they were getting one particular thing free with the required number of purchases from the products listed on the coupon. Even pointed that out to the customer. Her comment was "figures I'd get a cashier who actually reads a coupon".

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

I so agree with you - first responsibility lies with the person holding that coupon in their hand and reading it and saying this coupon states I can only buy a certain product and it doesn't apply to these products or sizes. But some people try to be sneaky and justify to themselves that the coupon really means this and some think maybe the cashier won't notice or compare the back of the coupon exclusions. For the small time I worked at Sobey's and Walmart & saw it with my eyes.
    I have two friends - both work at Walmart - one on the floor and one customer service manager. The stories I hear about people trying to get away with using a coupon on a product just because it sort will work on it or they think the cashier will be bullied to accept it. My friend in Ottawa is the one who goes to the cashiers when the customers says I need to speak with someone else. And she tells me how customers bully cashiers giving them attitude for reading the coupon or taking too much time to ring in coupon or her favorite is the distraction - talk to the cashier about anything in hopes the cashier doesn't read.
    I don't think people realize that if a cashier rings in a coupon and its for the wrong product - they can get written up and possible lose their job. You get a free product or two but the person is out of work.
    I try to be honest and I go by what the coupon says because I would feel guilty for doing something dishonest. If coupon says only good for something that is all I use it on.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

if i ever ever dout the wording or the product i always ask the supervisor here in woodstock they are awsome at the walmart no frills on the other hand if u have a coupon problem they acually have a coupon supervisr that specalizes in it so if u have a prob and she nt n u are up the creek and have to g bye the ne thats one even tho ie fhe flour coupn for robin hood that came out say any flour prduct nope this one would not let me price match the 1 deal as it was not the same pic on the fron didt care it said any

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovecats View Post
    FIRST responsibility lies with the person presenting the coupon to the cashier that THEY are following the terms and conditions in that coupon and purchasing nothing BUT what the coupon is for. Then, yes, it is the responsibility of the cashier to match the product(s) presented with the coupon and follow the terms and conditions for redemption. It irks me when people complain about cashiers reading coupons -- guess what, people - that is PART OF THEIR JOB. If it bothers you, then don't use coupons - because as soon as I hear someone state how long it takes with one cashier because they read every coupon, first thing I think is "they are redeeming coupons knowing they did not pick up what the coupon is for and are trying to get one past the cashier". I had that one night - had been tipped off on Facebook about a coupon, and low and behold, someone comes through my register that evening with just that coupon. I read the coupon, could not figure out how people out there thought they were getting one particular thing free with the required number of purchases from the products listed on the coupon. Even pointed that out to the customer. Her comment was "figures I'd get a cashier who actually reads a coupon".
    Thing is people will always misuse the coupon either on intentionally OR unintentionally. People do not read very carefully...they just look at the coupon that says save $x and runs to get whatever they feel like. If I were to leave the 'reading' to customers, I would have gotten at LEAST 25% coupons wrong and have it 'back-fired' on me! It does not even take 15 sec to read coupons.

Are these mistakes of 'couponers'? , yes!
    Are these ALSO mistakes of cashier, def. yes!
    Giving-Small likes this.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I'm reallly fortunate, I don't find that stores are tougher on couponers.. its gotten so much easier than in the beginning for me.. More cashiers know about couponing, checkout times have improved, fewer negative comments.. There are more offers, more coupons, more stores are on board... great points offers.. some ad matching across Canada... Target allowing 2 coupons per transaction if one is theirs, Target matching online stores.. Theres more groups helping us find coupons and deals, so much trading available.

There seems to be lots of screaming that things are being ruined and things are hard but either I'm really lucky and its only me getting all these opportunities or theres so much more available to all of us.
    Anna Michele likes this.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

My mom used to get ppl giving her french coupons and telling her what it said (incorrectly).. HAHA - until they realized she is francophone.. hahahaha
    lecale, DianneS and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MillieH View Post
    I'm reallly fortunate, I don't find that stores are tougher on couponers.. its gotten so much easier than in the beginning for me.. More cashiers know about couponing, checkout times have improved, fewer negative comments.. There are more offers, more coupons, more stores are on board... great points offers.. some ad matching across Canada... Target allowing 2 coupons per transaction if one is theirs, Target matching online stores.. Theres more groups helping us find coupons and deals, so much trading available.

There seems to be lots of screaming that things are being ruined and things are hard but either I'm really lucky and its only me getting all these opportunities or theres so much more available to all of us.
    I agree

Ive learned to pick my battles even if I know im right I let it go (most of the time) if the cashier isnt comfortable with a pm that says selected varieties but does not mention sizes I wont push. Its their job on the line and they can get quite defensive understandably after a long day on their feet

The differences store to store are what keep me coming back.
    IE. target coupons + manufacturer
    Walmart pming nationwide
    Pc plus
    Shoppers optimum

There are so many options out there when a great deal comes along its an innr battle as to who to give my business towhere wil I benefit the most etc.
    DianneS, emg and torontogal12 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know whenever I go to Superstore I always end up with them taking too much off my bill because they aren't given calculators, and I have a number of FPCs that include tax. Sometimes using the right coupons on the right product makes no difference when the cashiers can never determine how much money to take off. One time I watched a cashier take $4.00 off my total because of an FPC and then she said she had to take the tax off so she took another $4.60 off instead of $.60 (I didn't realize this until I got home). My cashiers misuse my coupons more than I ever could

Thread Information