• 3 Post By couponingtosurvive
  • 3 Post By SavvyLady
  • 4 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By kellyanna_99
  • 2 Post By beckie.c
  • 2 Post By amira84
  • 1 Post By kellyanna_99
  • 1 Post By Natalka

Thread: Shoppers Clearance - great deals on on perfectly fine items?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

I will never get this, why they seem to mark down items that are perfectly fine, not discontinued, the packaging looks the same as others, not expired, etc. Not complaining at all, but it sure is weird!

I have been scoring big lately on shoppers clearance at two of my local stores . Usually it's lunchmeats, cheese, salad items and yogurts at my one shoppers. They always have long expiry dates, and all fine. I have 5 kids , so they inhale what I buy pretty quickly, so the deals work for me!

Yesterday, I stopped in at one, and they had chocolate syrup for $1 a bottle. She was putting it out, and I took 6 of them. She put out more, but I didn't want to clear the shelf. I always check expiries for stuff like this, and it was the end of 2015. She then proceeded to put out pancake syrup and mix, for $1;30 each. I have several of those now. Same thing, the expiry dates were fine. This is the same shoppers I loaded up on pantene shampoo and conditioner last year for $2 for the large bottles (and I used some coupons that made it either free or almost free!) which was fine with expiries as well. The kids just used up the last of it a bit ago.

I don't get it, not complaining, but does seem odd!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Natalka, Tweets77, dizzyb and 3 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This happens at our local Shoppers as well. Been told that often is overstock... possibly from a promo from the weekend and now need to clear out to make room for next flyer. Or simply ordered too much.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My SDM has spoiled me so much with their clearance deals, planograms, and in store specials that I can't buy anything if it's not drastically reduced...every time I go to another shoppers I'm always looking for their clearance section but none of them ever beat mine!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Some stores have amazing clearance. Others are useless. Cherish it if you have a good one. I think the mark them down due to shelf space
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

It's awesome ! And I didn't realize with Manager's Coupons, that they are treated as regular coupons on 20X the points events. Last month on one of the 20x events, I earned a crap ton of extra points more then I expected.

I have discovered that in my area as well, that some Shoppers have MUCH better clearance sections, I even seem to have the cycle of when they put their new stuff out on clearance. I routinely arrived like yesterday when they are putting more out, and score good deals. I love it! And to boot, the cashiers are awesome!
    Ciel and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I found a box of Vanilla Cappuccino Nescafe (May/2015 expiry) on clearance for $1.99 (Reg 5.99) at a shoppers by my house... at the local mall the same box on the clearance rack tagged for $4.99... Some definitely have better clearance deals
    Ciel and amira84 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyanna_99 View Post
    It's awesome ! And I didn't realize with Manager's Coupons, that they are treated as regular coupons on 20X the points events. Last month on one of the 20x events, I earned a crap ton of extra points more then I expected.

I have discovered that in my area as well, that some Shoppers have MUCH better clearance sections, I even seem to have the cycle of when they put their new stuff out on clearance. I routinely arrived like yesterday when they are putting more out, and score good deals. I love it! And to boot, the cashiers are awesome!
    oh thank you so much for your post. I didnt know that manager's special sticker counts towards base points. It's great!
    Ciel and kellyanna_99 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    216 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    oh thank you so much for your post. I didnt know that manager's special sticker counts towards base points. It's great!
    I assume it's everywhere, but I think it's how the code is entered (2001 vs 2004? I, think). So, I don't know if I got lucky, if this is up to the cashier's discretion entering or system wide. I hope so, but not sure!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Great finds! Not so lucky here.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow! Jealous. I have yet to score anything from that rack!

Thread Information