User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree164Likes

Thread: going to prove a teacher WRONG and gona have funn doing it hehe

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

so my 15 year old son comes home today with a project what else but shopping thinking yup i can help with this one well he asked the teacher if they are allowed to coupon they have a 20 budget for 4 people for a week. the teacher said it would not make a diffrence so they could not use coupons in it he argured with her that couponing saves alot of money and that his mom had acually got paid to take it home she said that was impossble unless she was stealing telling my son im stealing so tommow im going into the school to have it out with her along with all my reciets that show i have well paid for it lol reciets totaling 000 or a credit i was not happy when he told me this expacaly saying im stealing food like wtf someone going down tommow just becasue u have a collage degree oh wait so do i dose not mean i am that stupid i am so pissed its not funny grrrrrrr ty fr lisening just becasue they cant do it
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I'd pull in the principal, as well. That's slander, and that teacher should really be put in her place.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

kinda scary that someone so ignorant is teaching high school! especially a teacher who would choose to give a project about shopping. good luck schooling her!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Please give an update on what happens. Great post. Having raised three kids, you have really great teachers and others not so. Kudos to you great ones on sc. You are appreciated!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

make sure you are very calm when you meet with her and try to VERIFY exactly what she had said to your son before you rip into her. I say this because you were not present when she supposedly suggested you were stealing groceries, and the last thing you need is egg on your face if there was any misunderstanding in what was actually said. Anyhow, best of luck with it all, hope you can show her about the smart use of coupons and how if planned properly it can save families money every week.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

You have such an amazing opportunity. if you can show her what is possible in a way that lets her see it, she may include that in her teaching. Imagine the lives that would be touched by what you can teach her.
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I agree with wob and millie
    Have a plan
    Clarify what was said and
    Like you said prove her wrong
    Have your original pricelist and pm list as well as coupons used
    Bring a box of cereal showing the free toy that alone will break the ice as to how to get things free
    May I suggest
    One bread Dempster's or villagio
    One milk (so good has a coupon)
    Meat wub ziploc
    Motts fruitsations -50c
    Price matching fruit/veg
    Etc
    Keep it simple dont go in with 20 inserts many people get their back up when they see multiples
    I see this going very well good luck and keep us posted
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

wow....surprised the teacher would say that. let us know what happens.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Be careful though.. If you embarass her a lot .

She will probably remove it on your son later on during the semester. Who knows , give him bad grades etc or initimidate him later on..just because she was put in her place by you.

Sad , but true ..some teachers are known to bully children , when they get embarassed by their parents .
    matrix82, Lynn49, 2shopmom and 5 others like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

what subject does this teacher teach??
    Lynn49, ticul and torontogal12 like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

The complaint process with the Ontario College of Teachers does mention to talk to the teacher or principal first. http://www.oct.ca/public/~/link.aspx...19FE65266&_z=z

I don't think OP needs to come in with a pile of proof. Right now, the teacher has allegedly said something against OP in relation to couponing. OP has every right to find out what was said from the source-perhaps ask the principal to be present or someone else during the meeting? I'd suggest that after the meeting, OP in writing, send a letter to the principal and the OCT if the teacher does confirm the comment about couponing being stealing.

*Going to ask OP to check the Ontario curriculum for the grade level to see what is said about shopping/economics. http://www.edu.gov.on.ca/eng/curricu...ry/grades.html
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Nov 7th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.
    matrix82, Lynn49, ticul and 3 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That is awful. I really can't wait to hear an update on this.
    Some teachers are very closeminded, and can't admit when they're wrong or when they have been outsmarted.
    You show them!
    Lynn49, 2shopmom and ticul like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I learned a very valuable lesson from one of my son's teachers. We were chatting one day and she commented that she tells parents that "I won't believe everything your child says about you, if you don't believe everything he says about me". Her point was that sometimes the way the story is told is not always exactly the way something happened and it is good to respectfully hear both sides before jumping to conclusions. It isn't saying our kids are lying or being deceitful...rather it is saying that often kids, teenagers and adults hear things in a way that may not have been intended. Why not challenge your child to prove respectfully that he can stretch a dollar in ways she couldn't imagine? Do the project with coupons and without and turn both versions in. They will both learn something and grow in the process. Calling out anyone to prove that you are right and they are wrong usually ends up hurting both parties. Your son could end up with the most amazing project she has ever seen...rather than ending up in a situation where there is a lot of anger and hurt feelings.
    Last edited by DianneS; Fri, Nov 7th, 2014 at 08:28 PM.
    So many coupons....so little time!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Very well said Dianne, after raising four kids I have learned that going in to a teacher with guns a blazing is never the best way to deal with school conflict. You will get labeled a hot headed crazy and your child will suffer for it. Love the idea of doing the project two ways to prove your point. Actions are stronger than words sometimes. this will be a wonderful lesson for the teacher as well as a bonding experience for you and your son, he sounds like a great kid. good Luck.
    matrix82, walkonby, ticul and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I learned a very valuable lesson from one of my son's teachers. We were chatting one day and she commented that she tells parents that "I won't believe everything your child says about you, if you don't believe everything he says about me". Her point was that sometimes the way the story is told is not always exactly the way something happened and it is good to respectfully hear both sides before jumping to conclusions. It isn't saying our kids are lying or being deceitful...rather it is saying that often kids, teenagers and adults hear things in a way that may not have been intended. Why not challenge your child to prove respectfully that he can stretch a dollar in ways she couldn't imagine? Do the project with coupons and without and turn both versions in. They will both learn something and grow in the process. Calling out anyone to prove that you are right and they are wrong usually ends up hurting both parties. Your son could end up with the most amazing project she has ever seen...rather than ending up in a situation where there is a lot of anger and hurt feelings.
    Perfect !!!
    It probably is better left unsaid
    What a great idea to do it both ways he could do it one watand you cpjld outline your way
    Even if he just touches upon it in the presentstion I forsee it havinv a lasting effect
    Quote Originally Posted by thriftygranny View Post
    Very well said Dianne, after raising four kids I have learned that going in to a teacher with guns a blazing is never the best way to deal with school conflict. You will get labeled a hot headed crazy and your child will suffer for it. Love the idea of doing the project two ways to prove your point. Actions are stronger than words sometimes. this will be a wonderful lesson for the teacher as well as a bonding experience for you and your son, he sounds like a great kid. good Luck.
    ticul and torontogal12 like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information