User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Jennifer Swance
  • 4 Post By Midnightly

Thread: im so mad at a parent

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

ok so my 7 year old daughter has been looking frward to this sleep over bday party for weeks some parent has NOT been treating thire kid for head lice in thire class so we went out bought one of those robie combs kinda like a bug zapper but for hair if it detects lice or nits it zaps and kills them so go threw kids hair every day when they get home from school well my daughter has had nothing and i mean nothing she goes to the party and at 1030 i get a call saying my daughter has eggs behind her ear and that we needed to go pick her up and im thinking i go threw there hair every single day i have not see one thing s go an pick her up poor kid is so upset she has been such and angel with behavior get here home goe threw her hair for 2 hours literley nothing then my hubby says to me look at this and i thinking dam anyone know what cradle cap is my daughter is know for it yup nt eggs it craddle cap and i thinking i have had kids here that have had adults on them insted of hurting kids i just deal with it my poor daughter was in tears i felt so bad so the rest of the party is tommw and she really wants to go the mother said we had t g threw every single pice f her hair and we did now to me for my daughter to go t party tommow but i so mad and the parent is prob like ew she had lice i dont want her here and its the parent that is wrong ill stake my life on it like what do u say to a 7year old to try and explain it
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

as a parent with a 7yr old lice freaks me out.. the whole idea of it just makes my head itch, like you i check my daughter's hair almost every day for Lice, i go through it regularly we do alot of preventative care (tea tree oil in shampoo, sprayed on jackets and bags, hair always tied up) so i can understand why a parent would freak out a bit... Last year my daughter's Kindy class had 1 girl who repeatedly had lice(the school pac does checks and sends notices home), there was also a child in another grade who had it soo bad you could see them crawling all over the kid's head without even looking through the hair... it's disappointing that Lice is no longer considered a health issue to warrant sending a child home from school anymore

i do wonder why the mom at the party would be randomly checking your daughter for lice... was she itching her head? i've heard many incidences where dandruff was mistaken for lice (my parent's had a foster kid who's head was shaved because someone thought her dandruff was lice) there's also a bit of a stigma attached to lice (dirty kids get it) and if a kid is singled out with it.. other kids don't want to play with them.. by sending her back to the birthday tomorrow it might be worth staying around because the other kids may distance themselves from her because she was singled out for "having lice"

i know your daughter is upset... it might be worth doing something special with her tomorrow to cheer her up
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Thread Information