User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'll try to not make this a rant but it has been annoying me to no ends since I've seen it. Friday morning after getting off of work (I work nights) I was on my way home and had some old newspapers that needed to hit the recycle bin so I usually go to the one out front of SDM V.view, soon as I open it up I see probably 25 of the freebie thursday papers that came out with the inserts in them laying there naturally with no inserts and obviously they had not been read other than to remove the inserts.

Now I am pretty sure I know which couple paper boxes this person is taking them from, one is on a street that my friend lives on and another is one I routinely drive by, and this person is cleaning them out so nobody in that area can get one.

I don't agree with what this person is doing, I understand that they 'want' a bunch of these insert coupons, but to just take the papers and dump them in the recycle bin is ignorant and a waste and is depriving everyone that lives in the area of getting a 'free' paper.

Most of the people in our "industry" know the value of the coupons, but the majority of people out there don't and simply want one of the papers for the flyers that are in them or the occasional bit of news and info.

Every time one of these inserts come out, these people have to do without because someone feels the need to hit the boxes.

I believe that most likely the person doing this is a member here or at the very minimum someone who reads here, so this message is for them:

Stop cleaning out the boxes of papers. If you "have to" have those inserts then take them and leave the papers or at least return them when you are done pilfering the coupons so at least the people in the area can have their 'free paper' instead of them having to go without for absolutely no other reason than you wasting the papers by throwing them in the recycle bin the day after they come out.

Now I don't expect anyone to come on here saying they are the ones doing it or anything like that but it sure would be nice to see next time the inserts come out that the boxes don't get emptied out of the free papers (with or without the inserts) and that the people who just want the paper can get them in their local areas.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Trading Score
    5 (78%)

I believe that most likely the person doing this is a member here or at the very minimum someone who reads here, so this message is for them:

Stop cleaning out the boxes of papers. If you "have to" have those inserts then take them and leave the papers or at least return them when you are done pilfering the coupons so at least the people in the area can have their 'free paper' instead of them having to go without for absolutely no other reason than you wasting the papers by throwing them in the recycle bin the day after they come out

have you caught anyone red handed doing this yet? so until you do I think you should stop accusing, or thinking that it is someone on this site.
    you know not everyone is coupon savy or up to the rules of what is supposed to go on with coupons.
    it irritates me to no end comming on here and reading about this, time and time again.
    1) No one has seen anyone do this, so until you do .. just go about your buisness and stop bringing negitivity onto a site about coupons.
    2) obviously the people who are complaning are going out looking in the boxes to try and get inserts themselves... so someone just beat you to the box i guess.
    3)No it is not me. I live out of town.... and I raid the box there right outside my house, and everyone knows I do it so they dont care.. yep I sure do it was me it was me. I will do it after the paper has been out for a number of days, and the inserts always come out a week after the ones in kamloops.

Sorry my rant is over, but everyone needs to stop this... like the one lady said on extreme couponing
    * Im a shelf clearer, Shoulda beat me to the store *
    Last edited by .calliecat.; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2011 at 01:10 AM.
    my daughter this she is *ssohh cooo* wearing her new shades.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

If I was the one cleaning the boxes (which i never have a chance to in valleyview cause they are always cleaned out and raided).. I would probably be sitting here laughing and keep doing it... plus- i don't have to raid.... i have a flyer supplier in calliecat.

I think its fuel in the fire posting and bi$%^ing about people cleaning boxes and stealing tear pads...... The more they see people B@$^hing... the more they will do it... if no one seems to care, they won't even bother...

Trading Score
    5 (78%)

<3 you lilkaiser, you always got my back
    haha

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I don't think KamCoupons was complaining about taking the inserts, just about stealing all of the newspapers and chucking them out unread. (and I know it's not technically stealing, but those who want a paper and there are none would call it that)

And, to me that makes a little sense considering our taxes go up on everything when we have to pay larger recycling fees because they have to recycle more product. And if taxes go up, more and more people will be raiding boxes for coupon, making coupons harder to come across lol.

When you're in an area with a larger community of people, it makes more sense (and it's more considerate) to just take the inserts and leave the paper.
    Last edited by Imasmartcanuck; Mon, Oct 3rd, 2011 at 11:06 AM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

really....was that last insert worth even bothering with....
    i get my one insert and cut out what I need and toss the rest....and then generally not even bother with the coupons, they expire and i toss them....a bunch went yesterday....and i spent the day in the garden.
    i am finding this whole coupon thing kinda creepy....

Trading Score
    5 (78%)

creepy?
    lol
    then dont be a couponer?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Other than Imasmartcanuck, You guys missed the point of my post completely. It is not about the inserts themselves, it is about the newspapers being taken so that nobody is able to get them as I said with or without the inserts.

Even the part where you quote me says that....

The thing I find weird is why the two of you would want this type of behavior to continue.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

like i said Kamcoupons...creepy....lol....
    i got exactly what you were saying but i also knew exactly what the response to your post would be and who would post it....

Thread Information