User Tag List

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By maple7
  • 1 Post By maple7
  • 1 Post By Lyssia510

Thread: I need help to figure something out!!!!!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

So Im contemplating this weeks deals with next weeks redemption.......

This week is 20x wub $75 or more on Cosmetic and fragrance. i was planning on buying DS the 1D perfume gift set that is $70. So what i want to know is if i do a redemption of $170 this week, including the 20x wub $75, would that work???

Redeeming 170k but still getting 20x back on that $75???? Do those points get added on right away or do i have to wait for them???
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by scbpooh View Post

This week is 20x wub $75 or more on Cosmetic and fragrance. i was planning on buying DS the 1D perfume gift set that is $70. So what i want to know is if i do a redemption of $170 this week, including the 20x wub $75, would that work???

Redeeming 170k but still getting 20x back on that $75???? Do those points get added on right away or do i have to wait for them???
    That was hard to understand.

First off, if you wanted to buy it on Mon or Tues it would be 18,500bp instead of the 20x the pts on Sat/Sun which is a better deal (WUS $75!)
    You cannot combine redeeming 95k pts and doing 20x the pts because you won't get pts when you redeem points unless your cosmetics purchase is over $75 after redemption.

Hope that helps/clarifies things!

Trading Score
    442 (100%)

Sorry yes I would make sure i have $75 in fragrance and cosmetic.

I dont wanna wait till Mon-Tues cause i wanna get some of the 2 day specials

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Sorry yes I would make sure i have $75 in fragrance and cosmetic.

I dont wanna wait till Mon-Tues cause i wanna get some of the 2 day specials
    The regular two day sale? It's Sun/Mon.
    http://flyers.smartcanucks.ca/canada...to-28/single/2

Or do you mean the electronic items which is Sat/Sun.

Why not do two different transactions? 20x for your cosmetics.
    Then your redemption so stuff doesn't mess up and get confusing.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I agree with LimeFizzy, if you can shop both days you would be better off.

If you are planning on redeeming for the cosmetics, you won't get the points. Points are only on what you are paying for.

If you plan on paying for $75 in cosmetics, you can earn 20x sat/sun = 750 + 750*19 (14,250) = 15,000 pts
    If you plan on paying for $75 in cosmetics, you can earn 18.5K on mon/tue = 750 + 18,500 = 19,250 pts

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Also, the points should be awarded right away for both sat/sun and mon/tue points promos.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You will not get points on redemption for 20x promos but you WILL get points when you redeem for all other promos - if you redeemed on Monday you would get the 18500 back, instantly.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCcheapMom View Post
    "you WILL get points when you redeem for all other promos - if you redeemed on Monday you would get the 18500 back, instantly."
    You will??? This hasn't been my experience but that's great if you do. I believe if you redeem on Monday during the 18.5K promo and pay nothing, you will not get any points.
    ren318 likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    You will??? This hasn't been my experience but that's great if you do. I believe if you redeem on Monday during the 18.5K promo and pay nothing, you will not get any points.
    I've had the same experience.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCcheapMom View Post
    You will not get points on redemption for 20x promos but you WILL get points when you redeem for all other promos - if you redeemed on Monday you would get the 18500 back, instantly.
    She will only get 18,500 bonus points when she redeems if her subtotal AFTER redeeming is still over $75.00.

I think you are confusing bonus points with product bonus points.
    For example:

If she purchased a gift set worth $85.00 and that gift set had a bonus 18,500 optimum points she would redeem 50,000 optimum points and get the 18,500 product bonus points back.

If the product was $85.00 and the set had 20X points on it. After redeeming 50,000 optimum points she would not get ANY points for the purchase at all.
    Last edited by CrazyQT; Sat, Nov 22nd, 2014 at 02:36 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, I think we are all talking about different scenarios, all trying to be helpful.

Personally, I am hoping that the Black Friday deal this Friday will include prestige cosmetics at 20% off (wishful thinking I'm sure) and I'll redeem on Friday instead of Saturday. I may shop Monday for the 18500 promo as dh has 8k wus $30 on food. Not sure yet.

I'm sure you'll make out well scbpooh no matter what you decide.
    Lyssia510 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    Yes, I think we are all talking about different scenarios, all trying to be helpful.

Personally, I am hoping that the Black Friday deal this Friday will include prestige cosmetics at 20% off (wishful thinking I'm sure) and I'll redeem on Friday instead of Saturday. I may shop Monday for the 18500 promo as dh has 8k wus $30 on food. Not sure yet.

I'm sure you'll make out well scbpooh no matter what you decide.
    That would be amazing if the Black Friday sale includes prestige cosmetics(wishful thinking on my part too)!
    maple7 likes this.

Thread Information