• 3 Post By ticul
  • 4 Post By Tweets77
  • 3 Post By Natalka
  • 1 Post By sheetsofemptycanvas
  • 2 Post By toban
  • 1 Post By TooCouponCrazy
  • 1 Post By walkonby
  • 1 Post By toban

Thread: I didn't need coffee to wake me up this morning...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not a coffee drinker anyways but I was sure jolted after what happened..

This morning I decided to walk up to SDM to buy milk. As I'm walking down the driveway, I caught a glimpse of a female deer in my front yard. It took off running. Something told me to look to the right. Sure enough, a big buck (male deer) with a huge rack of antlers, was standing behind my neighbour's low hedges staring at me. Approximately 12-15 feet away. I stopped and quietly said "Hello". He grunted and trotted away. Scared the crap out of me. So I walk home and he's laying down on my lawn looking comfy as could be. His lady friend was also their. I walked up the driveway, said hello again, he grunted. Lol! We have many deer around here, and the past two years more on my street. A neighbour down the road has been feeding them, something your not suppose to do. Not sure if she does it now. That big buck jolted me from my sleepiness lol. Both are gone now, I guess they have places to be.
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess, Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Ohhhh Toban, it must of been so nice and so cute to see. Lucky you and also lucky that they are kind of friendly. Hope your day went well. Thank you for sharing such a cute brag.......................

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

I have had a beautiful red fox hanging around eating all the mice for the last week.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Nice sighting; that would be cool to see.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Oh, I would love to live somewhere where I could see deer up close like that! How cool!!
    TooCouponCrazy likes this.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks everyone It was definitely cool to see. You don't realize how large those bucks are until you see them up close. I was a bit apprehensive at because of the size of him. I stood still, didn't step forward and gave him plenty space to escape. It was cute when I said "hello", he grunted back lol.
    Last edited by toban; Thu, Nov 20th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.
    walkonby and TooCouponCrazy like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Nice to see. But yeah, would definitely wake you up, lol. I had a moose a few winters back just walk across the road, examine my car a little bit and casually wander off. I was terrified, lol.
    ROMEO likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What a little blessing for you....it must have been wonderful to see...

Luv Saving People Money MortgageQueen's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Awesome!! I've been seeing more deer than usual. I think maybe hunting season has got them flustered and in the run. Last week we had just left our driveway and were driving slowly up the road and a coyote started running beside us . . .not chasing the car but I think we surprised her and she wasn't sure where to go. . .

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh toban! What a beautiful chance encounter!! I am a bit jealous, not too much chance we'd see any up close near our house. Funny he grunted his greeting back after you said hello!
    toban likes this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My two big friends were back this morning. The buck was standing near my living room window looking in sort of lol. I came outside later and said hi again. He grunted back. They seem friendly ,but they are also wild animals, so I don't get too close. Exciting experience
    walkonby likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

oh that was a crazy experience! You sure don't need coffee to be awaken. Haven't you thought of trying a deer meat for breakfast. That would be really tasty! Next time they appear on your way, grab your knife and prepare your kitchen for a nice meal! Lol! I'm sure they will never appear on your way again!

Thread Information