User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree165Likes

Thread: A rambling brag~

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

First I'd like to say why I try so hard to keep people from raining on brags.

I think when we respond with intense negativity we scare people from sharing brags with wonderful photos and great details. There has to be a way to handle the true & perceived misuse of a coupon without being little black rainclouds.

On my first visit to SC in 2011, I spotted a tiny brag by Koolaid. She posted a photo of a few items she had gotten free @ dollarama. This was back when we could actually coupon @ dollarama. I read the information, and headed out with my coupons to try and duplicate her shop. It was amazing!!! I even ended up with overage because I found Polysporin to go for $2 and I had $3 coupons. That tiny shop gave me insight into what was possible.

Fast forward 3 years :o) .. my husband retired this year.. we went three months with no income and then the pensions clicked in. After meeting with a financial planner, looking at our annual expenses.. we realised we would need to supplement retirement income with $500 a month from our savings to maintain our usual standard of living.

However, it hasn't turned out that way. I took over purchasing a few costly items that he purchased on a regular basis, getting them for less than half price. Instead of taking $500 a month from our savings, we have money left over at the end of the month. ..

This is even more amazing because he used to be away 9 months of the year so the cost of our food bill has tripled..

Thanks to everyone on smartcanucks who take time to share the flyers, clearances, special finds, deals, shopping tips..coupons & coupon offers etc etc.. This information is certainly life changing if we incorporate it into our lives.

Thanks everyone!! especially Koolaid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Dollarama
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Love this Brag!!! and I agree with you on the life changing part I am able to work part-time and spend more time with my family and I know this is all possible thanks to coupons and reward programs, cash back apps & all!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

Wow, what a nice brag. I love a brag like this. This is to show how this site is good for many of us to save lots of money. I personnally thank you for sharing that lovely brag Millie H.......................................

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

So true! SC has been life changing for me and DH. We use to buy things as we needed them - at regular price! No more with SC er's help. Thank you all for sharing your brags and tips. Some of the deals don't apply to us but it is fun to read everyone's deals.

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I love your brag
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

So well said MillieH. What a great brag. I too try to duplicate others incredible shopping trips on occasion.
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This is soooooo true. Every thing in your brag fits us too except for the retirement part and its consequences. Lol.

yesterday my husband and i were talking about how, a year ago, we used to buy no name food and sometimes we didnt even like that no name stuff but we couldnt afford to buy name brand stuff. We didnt know how to use coupons+cash backs+ MIRs on top of their sale prices etc. but now, thanks to SC and all the people who post their brags and we learn from them, we buy name brand stuff at a very reasonable price... Or should i say not-so-reasonable price because Getting FREE stuff all the time, and not buying that stuff if we have to pay a little bit more for it is not very reasonable on our part. Lol.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Thank you for posting this. I noticed I started spending less time at SC recently - it is simply uncomfortable to read some threads. I hope everyone can keep it friendly and welcoming because this is a wonderful community.

We are going through some renovations and stress about money can get high sometimes. We are very fortunate regardless and cannot complain about our situation, but it certainly is nice to have stockpiled staples like flour, cheese and pasta, or even frozen meat products that we can use when the bills are high. Sometimes I can't believe what I used to pay for those products at regular price.

Thanks to everyone for sharing all your tips and advice. Please continue to do so!

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    This is soooooo true. Every thing in your brag fits us too except for the retirement part and its consequences. Lol.

yesterday my husband and i were talking about how, a year ago, we used to buy no name food and sometimes we didnt even like that no name stuff but we couldnt afford to buy name brand stuff. We didnt know how to use coupons+cash backs+ MIRs on top of their sale prices etc. but now, thanks to SC and all the people who post their brags and we learn from them, we buy name brand stuff at a very reasonable price... Or should i say not-so-reasonable price because Getting FREE stuff all the time, and not buying that stuff if we have to pay a little bit more for it is not very reasonable on our part. Lol.
    been there with the no name stuff LOL....It's funny how back then we spent so much (on cheaper stuff) and now we're able to get so much for much cheaper or FREE (and often times...the good Stuff). PLUS, on top of that, we're able to give to others (family and strangers) It's like it's way too good to be true
    I can't imagine ever, ever, ever buying full-price again!!!! Plus this is way too much fun!!
    I'm very grateful to everyone who posts their amazing deals also, cause we all benefit alot from that!!

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I love this brag! And I agree, SC has changed my shopping habits and now cringe at the thought of paying full price.
    Sadly I have stopped posting many shopping brags because of a chosen few being Debbie Downers.
    Just call me Wolfie

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

What a happy brag... love to read brags like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Thanks for your great post, Millie! I have fun and reduce our output and really love this site! Thanks for sharing!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks for sharing Millie. I have saved so much because of this site and rarely post brags because I don’t want to be centred out for any reason. But I love when others are brave enough to share because I always end up with a great deal. I know whose brags are going to be true to my needs and those are the ones I always read.

Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    171 (99%)

This is so true. Great brag!!!

emg
    Female
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Congrats on your retirement . Thanks for the awesome and inspiring brag. I love smart canucks too and for me it has changed my life. Today I was thinking how much I spent before and how much I save now. I find that people here are wonderful, share and go out their way to help.
    Thinking of opening an ING account use this number 35728975S1 and both of us get a $50!! dollar bonus.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information