• 1 Post By dummytoto
  • 1 Post By dummytoto
  • 1 Post By Arvilish
  • 1 Post By nwf1946

Thread: 1010tires.om TRUE! DO NOT BUY with 1010tires.com

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just bought 4 Pirelli tires + 4 wheels. Just to mention that I did not drive my car after installing the wheel/tires on my car. The next day following the installation, I discovered a flat. I tried to pump up the flat tire and the air was going off between the tire and the rim. As it was runflat tires I drove to the mechanic store. The technician showed me the air leak with the soap bubble. After further investigation we discovered that the tire was torn underneath the rim...SO I Called 1010tires to explain the situation. Those guys do not listen to you. They claimed that the tire was damaged by the technician or it could be a hazard road ...BLA BLA...MY CONCERN is what would have happened if my wife drove the car with my 2 kids right after the installation!!
    DO NOT BUY from 1010tires, this retailer is not safe at all!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    mulock likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Contact the better business bureau, or your lawyer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dummytoto View Post
    Just bought 4 Pirelli tires + 4 wheels. Just to mention that I did not drive my car after installing the wheel/tires on my car. The next day following the installation, I discovered a flat. I tried to pump up the flat tire and the air was going off between the tire and the rim. As it was runflat tires I drove to the mechanic store. The technician showed me the air leak with the soap bubble. After further investigation we discovered that the tire was torn underneath the rim...SO I Called 1010tires to explain the situation. Those guys do not listen to you. They claimed that the tire was damaged by the technician or it could be a hazard road ...BLA BLA...MY CONCERN is what would have happened if my wife drove the car with my 2 kids right after the installation!!
    DO NOT BUY from 1010tires, this retailer is not safe at all!
    I work for 1010Tires.com and can shed some light on this unfortunate situation. With all Tire Warranties we must get the tire back to actually "warranty" the tire. This customer has refused to send the tire back, even though we have a shipping location within 1 day shipping from his location and we offered to pay for that shipping. The only picture of the tire we received is a pic of the sidewall of the tire where there is a rip. We have asked to see a pic of the tread as well, but for some unknown reason, the customer is keeping this picture from us. Now this customer is going online bashing us on several websites and reviews, and the customer is hiding behind the veil of the internet and keeps slandering us. We have contacted our lawyer already to report this and are currently checking to see if he has any assets worth suing over for slanderous remarks. In the past we have had people also try this approach and have found in every case the customer was hiding some key piece of information. In this case, the customer didn't mention in any of his posts, that he purchased his tires over 1 and half months ago. Why didn't he notice one tire was flat before he put it on the car? why didn't any "professional" installer notice it was flat. Could a tire that had a leak only leak when it is put on a vehicle. Of course not, there is 36 pounds PSI in a given tire that would certainly push out enough air in 1.5 months, at least enough for anyone handling the tire to notice.

We have not ducked any responsibility to warranty this tire, nor have we pushed the blame on another shop. The customer has simply refused to follow the procedure for any tire warranty's which are explicitly written on our site.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dear Mr Volpov,
    I just thank god that we did not drive the car right after those SNOW tires (that you mounted on the wheels) were installed on my car last Sunday because SNOW is coming! To me this is the most important, the rest is details. As I wrote in the email I sent you yesterday, my lawyer will decide the way those details should be managed.
    Kindest regards.
    Mr Hazard
    Last edited by dummytoto; Thu, Nov 20th, 2014 at 07:28 PM.
    mulock likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Volpov View Post
    I work for 1010Tires.com and can shed some light on this unfortunate situation. With all Tire Warranties we must get the tire back to actually "warranty" the tire. This customer has refused to send the tire back, even though we have a shipping location within 1 day shipping from his location and we offered to pay for that shipping. The only picture of the tire we received is a pic of the sidewall of the tire where there is a rip. We have asked to see a pic of the tread as well, but for some unknown reason, the customer is keeping this picture from us. Now this customer is going online bashing us on several websites and reviews, and the customer is hiding behind the veil of the internet and keeps slandering us. We have contacted our lawyer already to report this and are currently checking to see if he has any assets worth suing over for slanderous remarks. In the past we have had people also try this approach and have found in every case the customer was hiding some key piece of information. In this case, the customer didn't mention in any of his posts, that he purchased his tires over 1 and half months ago. Why didn't he notice one tire was flat before he put it on the car? why didn't any "professional" installer notice it was flat. Could a tire that had a leak only leak when it is put on a vehicle. Of course not, there is 36 pounds PSI in a given tire that would certainly push out enough air in 1.5 months, at least enough for anyone handling the tire to notice.

We have not ducked any responsibility to warranty this tire, nor have we pushed the blame on another shop. The customer has simply refused to follow the procedure for any tire warranty's which are explicitly written on our site.
    Dear Mr Volpov,
    I just thank god that we did not drive the car right after those SNOW tires (that you mounted on the wheels) were installed on my car last Sunday (because SNOW generally comes in December!) To me this is the most important, the rest is details. As I wrote in the email I sent you yesterday, my lawyer will decide the way those details should be managed.
    Kindest regards.
    Mr Hazard
    Last edited by dummytoto; Thu, Nov 20th, 2014 at 08:25 PM.
    mulock likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    34 (100%)

WOW...what kind of store threatens a customer? YUCK!
    mulock likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

seems to me the customer should return the tire for warranty especially as they seem to be willing to work to resolve the problem if there is a tire problem
    Last edited by nwf1946; Tue, May 26th, 2015 at 05:45 PM. Reason: spelling
    mulock likes this.

Thread Information