Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By -Talia-
  • 1 Post By torontogal12

Thread: Metro (ON) 100 Air Miles WUB Select $50 GC

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Expired on: Fri, Nov 28th, 2014
    New flyer (p.17?): Metro ON is offering a gift card deal. 100 AM for $50 on selected cards. Keg, Marks, Sears, Spafinder, Roots, La Vie en Rose, American Eagle, La Senza.
    This thread is currently associated with: American Eagle, La Senza, La Vie en Rose, Mark's, Metro, Roots, Sears
    Last edited by -Talia-; Wed, Nov 19th, 2014 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Changed tag to Air Miles
    ROMEO and torontogal12 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    111 (100%)

what is 100 AM worth? Not a frequent shopper at Metro.
    Thanks!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

95 is worth $10 in their Air Miles Cash system.

Thanks OP, good deal if you need to get those specific cards
    Quote Originally Posted by 2shopmom View Post
    what is 100 AM worth? Not a frequent shopper at Metro.
    Thanks!
    2shopmom likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There is a similar thread for this somewhere, what I would like to know is, I'm planning on spending $200 at Sears, can I buy 4 $50.00 gc and get 400 air miles? Thanks...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    There is a similar thread for this somewhere, what I would like to know is, I'm planning on spending $200 at Sears, can I buy 4 $50.00 gc and get 400 air miles? Thanks...
    I can't make out the fine print on the scan. Some promotions do it differently, but the usual rule is one transaction per day per account. If that rule holds, than you should be able to buy 4 $50 Sears gift cards over 4 days, and then use them to gain Sears points when shopping at Sears. I am planning on doing a similar thing for Marks. Work boots are in my future, so I am hoping to pick up 3-4 $50 cards over as many transactions/days as necessary.

(Marks usually has a once-a-year promotion near the end of November where they give you back (I think it was) 10% of the value of your gift card purchase in bonus gift cards. Combine with a good 50% promotion, or the 15% for things which never otherwise go on sale.)

Gift cards also won't count toward Metro's weekend buy $95 get 95 AM promotion. On the other hand, the double promotion and not-too-bad sale prices do give a good excuse to shop at Metro this weekend.
    Last edited by -Talia-; Wed, Nov 19th, 2014 at 04:42 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Thanks for posting. This is a good deal but I wish they expanded it to all GCs.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by -Talia- View Post
    I can't make out the fine print on the scan. Some promotions do it differently, but the usual rule is one transaction per day per account. If that rule holds, than you should be able to buy 4 $50 Sears gift cards over 4 days, and then use them to gain Sears points when shopping at Sears. I am planning on doing a similar thing for Marks. Work boots are in my future, so I am hoping to pick up 3-4 $50 cards over as many transactions/days as necessary.

(Marks usually has a once-a-year promotion near the end of November where they give you back (I think it was) 10% of the value of your gift card purchase in bonus gift cards. Combine with a good 50% promotion, or the 15% for things which never otherwise go on sale.)

Gift cards also won't count toward Metro's weekend buy $95 get 95 AM promotion. On the other hand, the double promotion and not-too-bad sale prices do give a good excuse to shop at Metro this weekend.
    thanks Talia, I was hoping I could do 4 Separate transactions on the same day..I don't live close to a Metro and it would be an inconvenience to go 4 days in a row.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tested this. You can buy multiple cards at the same time and get AM for all of them. Some Metros have a limit on maximum gift card purchase with credit cards (mine has a limit of $200), but you can always split up the cards into multiple transactions. The cashier even recommended it.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I too bought a Keg and Sears card in one transaction and got the Air Miles for both. This was good timing for me as our girls party is at the Keg.

Thread Information