User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Does anyone know of any low fee or no fee banks? How's PC Financial? ++

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyQT View Post
    Does PC Banking still do a credit check when you open an account? I know they wanted to years ago when I inquired about opening an account. I thought it was crazy to need a credit check to GIVE my money to a bank? I never did the application and went with my current Credit Union which has been amazing.
    I find this surprising that your credit union wouldn't do some credit check of some kind. How can they determine their customers are trustworthy? Or do they put restrictions on the accounts for a period of time? For example, you can't cash a cheque until it's cleared.
    ROMEO likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Open a Tangerine Account and you will get 50$ Bonus , Hurry offer ends Dec 31 ,2014.

The Tangerine Chequing Account is an online no-fee daily chequing account that actually pays you interest on every one of your hard earned dollars. A chequing account that actually works as hard as you do. What a concept! And our Chequing Account is loaded with all the features you'd expect from a regular chequing account and more.
    Features at a glance:
    Interest earned on every dollar, calculated daily and paid monthly.
    Free ABM access through the Scotiabank ABM Network
    Free Email Alerts let you know when your money is in motion to ensure you're on top of it at all times.

EDIT: check the Tangerine Thread for referral keys in signatures to get this bonus
    Last edited by FallenPixels; Thu, Dec 25th, 2014 at 01:49 PM. Reason: referral removed
    ROMEO likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been with PC Financial for about 13 years, and have been pretty happy with them. Not being able to access my savings account right away forced me to save bit by bit when I wouldn't have otherwise done so (impulse shopping for pretty clothes, oh I miss my 20's some days!). Not paying fees has saved probably $1000 over the years. My DF moved his day to day banking away from TD to PC because of the ridiculous fees, and he doesn't like not having a teller to make desposits or talk to, but he goes to the kiosk or phones for most questions.

I keep a small no fee credit union account to do the things that PC can't do, like certified cheques, US currency exchanges on the spot, coin deposits.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Join the Ajax Coupon Group: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119179048289492/

Use Instacart for free credit towards your order! Earn cash in a flexible part time job! Referral code KRISTAJ961A3 https://shoppers.instacart.com/?refe...upply_referral

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Tangerine Promotion was extended to March.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have been with PC for 10 years - love them!!
    ROMEO, Ciel and Durham Couponer like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have had PC Financial as my main bank for over 12 years now. Cant be happier.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I have a PC Financial account that I use for gas and groceries (I want the points and the 7c/l off the gas!!) and I have no problems. I worked with someone who used it as his account for everything and his miscalculated one month and they bounced a cheque because he was short by 97c. They charged him, I think he said $40 which was a really expensive mistake. He built a buffer into his account after that (previously all spare money went in the savings account). He went in to see them and was told there is no flexibility even if you are 1c short on a cheque amount it will be returned - it is an automated system that is not reviewed by real people.

High charges makes sense, they have to make money somewhere and if the banking is free and the cheques are free - it has to come from somewhere. You just need to be really careful that you stick to the rules.
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All good! there was a mistake on their end.
    Last edited by JDI007; Tue, Feb 17th, 2015 at 05:23 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information