User Tag List

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree633Likes

Thread: *SUPER Spend Your Points Event* - Sat & Sun Nov 29 & 30

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    So that means I should redeem at the store that issue me those points and not at my least favourite store.

For exampale I earned 95k from store A, then I redeem 95K at the same store to OFFSET their points balance which SDM charged them an annual fee.

Or better yet, earn points from least favourite store B, and redeem points at store A to help lower their points balance.

Is this right FallenPixels?

i hope we solve this question ASAP because we have 2 sdm's in our town. One very good and other is not so good with taking so many coupons. I want to give them a little bit hard time.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    So that means I should redeem at the store that issue me those points and not at my least favourite store.

For exampale I earned 95k from store A, then I redeem 95K at the same store to OFFSET their points balance which SDM charged them an annual fee.

Or better yet, earn points from least favourite store B, and redeem points at store A to help lower their points balance.

Is this right FallenPixels?

P.S. I cringed whenever I saw people paying over the promo amount and does not even have an Optimum card, worst they even declined the offer to get one on the spot
    That's how I understand from FallenPizels' post.

I hope the "OFFSET" would work out even for the store. My favorite store is the one has the best staff and specials sales which helps building up points. I don't want the store to loss money because of my obsession of Optimum points.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Me too, I don't want my favourite store to lose money. The owner and staffs are very nice, manager even help call head office for me without me asking her to, so that she can award me points right away because the coupon is valid but system does not recognize (VIB coupon, only 2000 points but I was sooo impressed with her customer service). Full attack on store B.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by amira84 View Post
    i hope we solve this question ASAP because we have 2 sdm's in our town. One very good and other is not so good with taking so many coupons. I want to give them a little bit hard time.
    At least you can use some coupons at the bad store. I can't even use my personalized coupon bc I used manufacturer coupons. Said I have to choose between 20x sdm coupon OR manufacturer coupon (offer can not be combined). Ridiculous!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yes, they offset I believe for total points for the store per year. It seems to be set up where they believe that people primarily shop/redeem at the same store

So buying costs them $ if you feel like being punitive, but they also get advertising $$ based on sales, so by shopping more at a store, they get more revenue too

I tend to shop at the same 2-3 stores (one near work and the ones near home depend on whether I am going to WM at the same time or just go to the closer one). I give them approx same business so it has never been a huge deal for me
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

But do you really think that they are at a loss for paying the optimum program fee etc. i think every item in every store in the world has a ton of margin. I have seen a lot of dragon's den and shark tank so.....you know...... I have seen in those shows that retailors earn a lot of profit no matter how much they are giving back to their customers as a loyalty gift.

And the other thing is that sometimes we (sdm lovers) overpay a little bit for some things at sdm when we calculate how much we are getting back in pts. So that overpayment for thatstuff can offset their "loss" too.

What do you think about this?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Enough that store owners launched a class action lawsuit about it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Enough that store owners launched a class action lawsuit about it

Omg! Obviously i dont know a lot about sdm then.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Fortunately I don't have any condition that requires a lot of medication but for those of us who do in BC, we cannot get loyalty points for prescriptions anymore. This was a big hit for some people. http://www.surreyleader.com/business/235159581.html

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

So the website has a promo up for the upcoming sale starting this weekend but "click here" doesn't go anywhere cause the new flyer isn't on their site yet.

So I just stumbled on something that likely everyone already knows about called Shoppers Home Health Care ... but I don't see how you purchase these. The front cover says - spend a $100 save $20. Wondering if you can redeem for these.

Urban Walking Poles
    $79.99
    Designed by an occupational therapist for stability and fall prevention as well as muscle conditioning and core activation. Burn up to 46% more calories and do up to 1800 abdominal contractions per mile through urban poling!
    ($99.99 regular)

ObusForme® Dream Sleep || Mattress Sets
    $839.99
    40% off*
    Designed for everyone who cares about their personal wellness and comfort. We have merged medical and ergonomic science to craft an exceptional sleep set with a supportive 7" soy foam core, pressure relieving pin convolute foam, aerated latex and natural wool. ObusForme is ready to provide you with your best night's sleep ever!
    ObusForme® Dream Sleep || Queen Mattress Set
    (Save over $500)

Last edited by Giving-Small; Thu, Nov 20th, 2014 at 02:51 AM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Junior Canuck FreeIsMyFavourite's Avatar
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Exciting!! I went to shoppers today and browsed around to get gift idea I hope the bonus level is at least bumped to $200

Smart Canuck...Oh Yeah!!! Koolaid's Avatar
    Trading Score
    145 (100%)

My manager/friend confirmed with me it will be $210 for 95000! I can't wait to walk out with over $1000 worth of stuff!!! I have a week of planning ahead of me!
    Join Swagbucks and save up for Christmas!!! Message me for help! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Koolaid1977

Please help us raise lots of much needed Autism research funds...donate to my son's walk today here:
    http://asca.convio.net/goto/tyler2016

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Saturday, November 29 & Sunday, November 30
    *SUPER Spend Your Points Event*

Spend 38 000 points and get up to $70 off
    Spend 50 000 points and get up to $105 off
    Spend 95 000 points and get up to $210 off

I’m in Quebec - YMMV.

Happy redeeming

Silk
    Last edited by Silk; Sat, Nov 22nd, 2014 at 07:34 AM.
    pateyface, Tweets77, hcao and 13 others like this.
    Have a great life!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks silk..I'll start making my list..I hope I get a personal coupon for that week, spend 95,000 pts get 30,000 pts..wouldn't that be great!!
    uanoor, free*is*best, Silk and 8 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Thanks silk..I'll start making my list..I hope I get a personal coupon for that week, spend 95,000 pts get 30,000 pts..wouldn't that be great!!
    Thats what I'm hoping for as well...I remember people getting it last yr. Fingers crossed!!

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information