User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: The perfect points storm... Sort of speak.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Look at the pretty numbers.

This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Poobah; Tue, Nov 25th, 2014 at 09:07 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Woowwwzzzaaaa
    sdddmd and Poobah like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nice poobah!! I'm always afraid to keep too many points..too many stories of people losing points!! I do a few redemptions a year and have enough to do 2..I always find it difficult to spend $210 at once, unless I really need things. I bought the Olympus Tough underwater camera, play station things like that are worth it..how many redemptions are you doing? Let us know what you buy..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by SavvyLady View Post
    Nice poobah!! I'm always afraid to keep too many points..too many stories of people losing points!! I do a few redemptions a year and have enough to do 2..I always find it difficult to spend $210 at once, unless I really need things. I bought the Olympus Tough underwater camera, play station things like that are worth it..how many redemptions are you doing? Let us know what you buy..
    Well, I'm trying to get mostly electronics, Has i have 2 Brothers, a son, a daughter and a wife who all enjoy video games... And i have already bought a PS4 for my son. I'm going to try and pickup 2 more PS4's on a 170 / 20x point senario between now and the end of the year. 1 for me, and 1 for my daughter/wife. I'm hoping to use 4 or 5 redemptions this week mostly on games, extra controllers and some perfumes. Then get the additional 2 ps4's, and probably have enough for 2 more redemptions for a super Boxing day promo if they have one?

A lot of the games I'm going to get will be multiples of the same game... Like GTA V for the PS4, so I can play them with either my wife, brother and son etc... (yes were a crazy gaming family). But I'm worried Shoppers won't have all the new releases I'm looking for.
    sdddmd and amira84 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    Well, I'm trying to get mostly electronics, Has i have 2 Brothers, a son, a daughter and a wife who all enjoy video games... And i have already bought a PS4 for my son. I'm going to try and pickup 2 more PS4's on a 170 / 20x point senario between now and the end of the year. 1 for me, and 1 for my daughter/wife. I'm hoping to use 4 or 5 redemptions this week mostly on games, extra controllers and some perfumes. Then get the additional 2 ps4's, and probably have enough for 2 more redemptions for a super Boxing day promo if they have one?

A lot of the games I'm going to get will be multiples of the same game... Like GTA V for the PS4, so I can play them with either my wife, brother and son etc... (yes were a crazy gaming family). But I'm worried Shoppers won't have all the new releases I'm looking for.
    Don't be afraid to redeem at different locations if need be! Or purchase from one store and return at another to do the redemption. Video games should be excluded from the 'no return on electronics.'

Trading Score
    240 (100%)

Super, super, super!!!! You'll be having a blast for sure

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LimeFizzy View Post
    Don't be afraid to redeem at different locations if need be! Or purchase from one store and return at another to do the redemption. Video games should be excluded from the 'no return on electronics.'
    Yes.. I'm going to make some calls and see who had what. I was also pleasently surprised to hear that the store I usually deal with will allow me to use as many redemptions as I want on the same day. So it's just a matter of inventory at this point.

As for as returns go? I'm not sure what you mean exactly... Do you mean i can purchase a game at one store, but not the one I intended to buy, and return it to another store for the game i actually wanted? if that's what you meant that might work well? hmmmm
    sdddmd likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hope you're able to get everything you want..I know I always have to do my homework, my SDM is amazing and the people are great but 1 bad thing is its a small store no beauty boutique, not a lot of food..the basic milk, eggs bread type store..but the good thing is not to many people use optimum points or go for redemptions etc..so if I want something I go first thing in the morning, there's never a line up, maybe 1-2 people usually getting something different than me. My store is really good they tell me what they're getting and the quantities. Hope everyone gets what they are looking for!!
    sdddmd, amira84 and Poobah like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poobah View Post
    Yes.. I'm going to make some calls and see who had what. I was also pleasently surprised to hear that the store I usually deal with will allow me to use as many redemptions as I want on the same day. So it's just a matter of inventory at this point.

As for as returns go? I'm not sure what you mean exactly... Do you mean i can purchase a game at one store, but not the one I intended to buy, and return it to another store for the game i actually wanted? if that's what you meant that might work well? hmmmm
    No. I meant buying the game at a store that actually has the video game, and returning it to the one that doesn't have the game and then right after redeem for it with your points. (Return it to the store that you actually want to redeem at obviously).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Nice job Poobah!
    Poobah likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No. I meant buying the game at a store that actually has the video game, and returning it to the one that doesn't have the game and then right after redeem for it with your points. (Return it to the store that you actually want to redeem at obviously).
    Dangerous move. I believe returns on electronics and beauty are very sticky. I once purchased a $25 benefit eye shadow (benefit is considered prestige). I wanted to exchange the product as there was something wrong with it. They wouldn't let me exchange the product at a different store. I had to go back to the exact store that I got it from.
    Poobah likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    Dangerous move. I believe returns on electronics and beauty are very sticky. I once purchased a $25 benefit eye shadow (benefit is considered prestige). I wanted to exchange the product as there was something wrong with it. They wouldn't let me exchange the product at a different store. I had to go back to the exact store that I got it from.
    When it's Benefit only certain locations carry it, that's why you're not allowed to return at a different store (all stores carry a couple items of Benefit though - best sellers). Video games should be fine. You're not exchanging/returning like the Benefit scenario you posted, you're returning and rebuying it with your points. Just verify with someone in advance...but it should be fine 9 times out of 10.
    Poobah likes this.

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

I will be looking for the Grand Theft Auto 5 for PS4 also. When I checked last night they did not have it. They had a LG 42 inch TV which I am thinking about getting.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

When it's Benefit only certain locations carry it, that's why you're not allowed to return at a different store (all stores carry a couple items of Benefit though - best sellers). Video games should be fine. You're not exchanging/returning like the Benefit scenario you posted, you're returning and rebuying it with your points. Just verify with someone in advance...but it should be fine 9 times out of 10.
    No. Not stupid, why would i exchange for a product that a store doesn't carry. In fact, I was exchanging the product at a store that sold the entire Benefit line. It is at the owner's discretion when it comes to prestige cosmetics and electronics.
    Last edited by jsmile; Tue, Nov 25th, 2014 at 04:57 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jsmile View Post
    No. Not stupid, why would i exchange for a product that a store doesn't carry. In fact, I was exchanging the product at a store that sold the entire Benefit line. It is at the owner's discretion when it comes to prestige cosmetics and electronics.
    Interesting when it comes to prestige cosmetics. But I guess if it's a return, they'd like to lessen the returns from other stores since it his higher value. Normally if it's accompanied by a receipt within 30 days you'd be fine as a courtesy for Shoppers stores. Prestige cosmetics are returned for $ back for the store every few months. Other brands like Covergirl, Maybelline etc is a loss for the store. You could argue that with them especially if previous store is not where you normally shop (out of town).

On the topic of video games, I just found:
    DVDs, video games, CD’s and software

• Returns will ONLY be offered if the product is in its original packaging, unopened, in saleable condition, with receipt and within the 30 day return period from original date of purchase.
    • Exchanges will ONLY be offered if the original is defective, after opening, with receipt and within the 30 day return period from original date of purchase."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information